PDA

View Full Version : alumionum airbox ?'s

crashinmatt
08-27-2002, 08:44 PM
i noticed today that my stock airbox is broken off. i was wonderin, do the aluminum airboxes work with aftermarket seat latches? ive noticed in mant pictures that the box goes back past the seat posts. is there any other airboxes that would work? thanks

08-28-2002, 11:05 AM
I've got an aluminum box i bought from bigbore81 and it works just fine with the stock seat latch and I think most aluminum boxes do..

UglyMotha™
08-28-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I've got an aluminum box i bought from bigbore81 and it works just fine with the stock seat latch and I think most aluminum boxes do..

ya but he want's to know does it work with an aftermarket, probably the pin type deal but ya they do work with stocks atleast mine does, but i made mine i copied it off cfms that i found on ebay

08-28-2002, 12:54 PM
I guess I didn't see that part uglymotha I've got an aftermarket seat latch and yes the aluminum box works with it just fine,,no difference at all..my seat latch uses the pins,,it's kinda hard to get teh pins in there cuz it's in a bind,,but hey that's good,,it means it's doin it's job and the seat ain't gonna come off..:D

OutlawEX
08-28-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by crashinmatt
i noticed today that my stock airbox is broken off. i was wonderin, do the aluminum airboxes work with aftermarket seat latches? ive noticed in mant pictures that the box goes back past the seat posts. is there any other airboxes that would work? thanks

I know what ur saying i got a CFm airbox and i had trouble with using my box,but then i got creative and pushed my airbox up in front of the seat post thing and now it works great

Big - D Racing
08-28-2002, 11:34 PM
I had holes made in my box for my seat latch. The box holds up well and I have full access to my seat latch. If you buy Cfm tell the guy you need holes made and he'll do it for free. I don't have a cfm, but mines just like a cfm. I know he'll do it for free because i talked to him before and he said he would.

crashinmatt
08-29-2002, 06:46 PM
outlawex do u have any pictures? i might just try to make my own.