PDA

View Full Version : blaster idle/mix/pipe/jetting question LOL

jayhawk25
08-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Just got a blaster with stock pipe and dg silencer. Stock jetting. It started and idled fine. I put on a DMC alien complete pipe/silencer and now it starts after a few kicks, sounds awsome, but wont idle. About the same time the exhaust arrived I put in my first tank of gas mixed 40:1 is it too rich? Now DMC says to put in a 260 main jet and mine has a 230. Could this be the problemo? Please help this two stroke newbie.:confused:

bradley300
08-29-2006, 05:08 AM
yeah, just having the silencer wasnt enough to effect the jetting which is why it still ran fine, but a whole new exhaust gets a lot more air flow, so you need to compensate. go to your local aftermarket quad or dirt bike shop and get 240-310 hex head main jets for a mukini carb. that should cover you for now, plus that will give you enough jets to adjust for temp. change, altitude, and taking off the air box lid i you want. dont worry about the price, the jets should only be about 3 bucks a peice.

also find out what size pilot jet you have stock and get maybe 1 smaller in case it gets real hard to start in the hot summer, and get 1 bigger for the winter

the main will need changed for sure, once you get it running right, play around with the needle. move the clip down 1 notch and see if you can get it to run better, if it dosent, just move it back

jayhawk25
08-29-2006, 08:38 PM
bike was stolen so i wont need to worry about jetting.

csr250r
08-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by jayhawk25
bike was stolen so i wont need to worry about jetting.

ooo...ouch hope u get it bak. if anyone stole my R, and i found them...they would become a nunic with a rusty knife

firefighterjosh
08-29-2006, 09:14 PM
OMG that sucks arse. I hope you get it back

I hate theives:mad:

jayhawk25
08-30-2006, 09:03 PM
I now have lots of blaster goodies for sale, thanks to the Alabama thief that stole my quad this past weekend.