PDA

View Full Version : Carb Question

THRILL80
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I have a 2002 400ex with a stage 2 cam. All else engine related is stock as well as the exhaust. What size main and pilot jets should be used and what position should the needle be in. Thanks in advance for all inputs!

adinocr7
08-28-2006, 07:30 PM
I just purchased a jet kit by Dyno Jet. They give you some good general instructions on what jets to use. I got really fed up in the past with going to the dealership. Have the time they didn't have certain jets in stock, and several times I didn't get the correct jets and had to go back. Check out the site below. Pick your ATV and click the link that gives you a .pdf file. It will give you a good general overview of what jets to use depending on your application. I'm sure there are other good companies out there so you may want to check out the sponsors of this site. I bought this kit because a friend of mine purchased one and overall was quite happy with it.

http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/index.aspx

Hope this helps.

THRILL80
08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the input! I am actually getting the Dyno Jet kit this week. I bought the quad about a month ago and the guy didn't that the paperwork for the cam that would supposedly give me a good start point. Anyhow, thanks again!