PDA

View Full Version : rims stuck on hubs

joel400ex
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
hey yea i guess im stupid cus i put my paddle tires on about a month ago and now im trying to put my regular tires on and i cant get the paddle rims off of my hubs ive tried a hammer and there solid i got no clue so any help would be appriceated. thanks o yea its on a 400ex if that matters any:(

nitro_nb
08-28-2006, 03:41 PM
I had to thread a nut on the stud with a socket on it and pound it out of the back of the hub to get mine off

joel400ex
08-28-2006, 07:26 PM
yea im kinda stupid and i got no clue to what u mean by that u pound the stud outta the hub then back in or what????

400eXr1d3rZ
08-28-2006, 07:29 PM
wait, the wheel is stuck on the bolts on the hub?

firefighterjosh
08-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
wait, the wheel is stuck on the bolts on the hub?

What he asked.

If the Rim is stuck on the hub leave it on the axle. and kick the tire outwards. It will come off eventually.

joel400ex
08-28-2006, 09:03 PM
naw i tried that and it dont work man. the nuts on my studs have a taper on them so when you tighten them it centers the hole on the rim right. and i think it just squshed the aluminum tight on the threads and i cant get it off. i was thinkin about heating the rim up so the alum is soft but would that **** with the hub??? im a welder so i know how to heat alum

400exrider707
08-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by joel400ex
naw i tried that and it dont work man. the nuts on my studs have a taper on them so when you tighten them it centers the hole on the rim right. and i think it just squshed the aluminum tight on the threads and i cant get it off. i was thinkin about heating the rim up so the alum is soft but would that **** with the hub??? im a welder so i know how to heat alum

So basically you put the tapered side into the rim, and you probably have aftermarket rims like douglas. Yeah have fun trying to get those off, its going to be a pain in the ***.

redexrider
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
the same tings happens to my paddles everytime I put them on, I used to put a piece of 2x4 on the back side and hit with a hammer. The problem is deffinately the wheel smashed on the threads... I ended up getting a drill bit slightly larger than the threads and drilling/honing out the wheels holes a bit, so now they fit perfect, and come off with ease...

jjm400ex
09-02-2006, 01:36 PM
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. when using douglas wheels u need to turn your lug nuts flat side toword wheel. i had to use a 4ft. pry bar and 20 lb. slug hammer. but i got em off

joel400ex
09-02-2006, 04:54 PM
yea i got my off this morning i had to take the hub off and i just pounded down on the middle of the hub it took a bit but it came eventually. thanks for your help boys