PDA

View Full Version : motor paint

sakirocket28
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Srry to all if this is in the wrong forum, butt...

what brand of paint do yall recommend for painting motors? i pulled the motor out of my blaster to clean it up good and change some gaskets, and im thinkin about painting it. how do you think the bottom end would look in gloss, and the top end in flat? or the head silver and the rest in gloss black? lol i've had all kinds of ideas swimming around in my head at school today:p

rebelbuggy
09-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by sakirocket28
Srry to all if this is in the wrong forum, butt...

what brand of paint do yall recommend for painting motors? i pulled the motor out of my blaster to clean it up good and change some gaskets, and im thinkin about painting it. how do you think the bottom end would look in gloss, and the top end in flat? or the head silver and the rest in gloss black? lol i've had all kinds of ideas swimming around in my head at school today:p
Hey a fellow GA person, All I have heard is not to paint your motor cause it makes the engine get hotter, not sure if its true or not, I just cleaned mine up as good as I could and left it like that..

Bighead1
09-09-2006, 07:45 AM
The over heating part isn't that bad( my buddy has it on his 300ex). But in my opinion if you were wanting to color the motor I would definately go with powerdercoating. Much better stuff than reg. paint. IMO it looks better to. But asfar as color, go with a black and whatever color your plasics are. That right there is a recipe for a hardass.:devil:

TheFontMaster
09-09-2006, 05:58 PM
The cases, and head can be painted with regular automotive, or rattle can paint, and it will hold up. You just have to make shure that the parts are preped really well so the paint holds. The cylinder however needs to be painted with high temp paint.

theTman
09-09-2006, 06:06 PM
1500* heat paint....had it on there for about 4 months, no chips or anything, then parted the bike

1fst400
09-09-2006, 11:35 PM
only problem I see with gloss paint is that when it gets hot and muddy, the dirt will show up pretty bad. and when you hose it off there is always a light film of dirt on gloss that makes it look bad.

lol, mabie Im just lazy about washing my quad

Honda6T9Rider
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Painted mine w/ 2200 degree paint works GREAT!