PDA

View Full Version : Oversize Oil Tank....

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-27-2002, 07:15 PM
I want to get an oversize oil tank for my 400ex, but not sure on brand, etc. Can someone tell me who currently offers these, how much, and which would be the best one to go with? Money is not an issue :blah

BTW, would I want to upgrade the oil cooler too? If so, what brand, etc. would be the best to go with?

CBW
08-27-2002, 07:28 PM
rippin,,

well the only one i am familar with is the pingry. I have one on my 400 along with a ceramic coated headpipe.....and in my opnion the oil stays "new looking" longer due to the added head dissipation of the tank and the less heat radiated to the tank from the headpipes. Even after screaming around a a stockcar circle track pinned in fourth for 6 laps in the heat,,,,,,and 10 in the main........my o ring melted in my t-4 slip on,,,,,,but the oil looked good as new:p

Dave400ex
08-27-2002, 07:52 PM
CFM also makes a Oil Tank that is much Cheaper and the Guy I emailed a lot was very nice and stood behind their Parts.

Has anybody had their Pipe done by that Jet Hot?

trx400ex
08-27-2002, 07:57 PM
yep, CFM puts them one ebay for 170$, i was very close too getting one, but after thinking hard, i decided to use the stocker, duncan doesnt use one, so i guess i wont either,anyway, if you get one, CFM is a good bang for buck buy.

Dave400ex
08-27-2002, 08:03 PM
I said something to Tom (TC) about getting a Oil Tank and he said there was no reason to get one just change my Oil and Oil Filter very often. He means like every 5 hours or so.

Crowdog
08-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Has anybody had their Pipe done by that Jet Hot?

I had the SuperTrap on my sand rail done by Jet Hot. Came out nice.

oynot400
08-28-2002, 08:20 AM
I thought that Rico was going to get his Powerbong done. :devil

08-28-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by oynot400
I thought that Rico was going to get his Powerbong done. :devil

Well my flat trackin buddy it's soon to be sent off,,,I've got big plans for the 416 over the winter. I actually picked up about $720 worth of stuff from the quadshop yesterday for it:eek: ...so yes the powerbong will be goin to jet hot soon. somebody had a powerbong jet coated and put it for sale in the classifieds not to long ago...it looked friggen awesome,,just like it was chromed...but it wasn't.. I Believe total cost is like $75

NJ300ex
08-28-2002, 09:03 AM
Can you guys give me some more info on Jet Hot. I am familiar with ceramic coating and what it does, but I am not familiar with Jet Hot. Is it the company who does it or the name of the coating? How can I get in touch with these people? Thanks.

oynot400
08-28-2002, 09:59 AM
Here is there web site www.jet-hot.com I know that some of the guys at work had the headers on there Corvettes done. They seemed happy with their work. :)

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-28-2002, 10:26 AM
Yea....about that oil tank now....:huh :confused:

Dave400ex
08-28-2002, 02:45 PM
Rico what did you Buy? Dang big plans you almost have everything already.

I was thinking of having my Header done and then the part that is Black on my TC Pipe. Jet Hot is Ceramic Coating.

ratmotor99
08-28-2002, 11:32 PM
the infomation i have read on the oil tank says that it will drop the temp of the oil as much as 50 deg giving it longer life.. it also depends on what you are going to do with it, its going to add some weight even tho its only another qurt or quat and 1/2. but it may though weight around in jumps i said "MAY"..

as far as jet-hot as far as me thinking here they are the best on the market, i have sent them alot of parts not of quads but race cars.. its well worth the money if you are going to do the job right the first time..

just depends on what you are doing with it

Rat

yamaha1470
08-29-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by ratmotor99
[Bgoing to add some weight even tho its only another qurt or quat and 1/2. but it may though weight around in jumps i said "MAY".. [/B]

Im pretty sure a quart of oil will not make any difference. I dont even think 3 quarts would. Correct me if im wrong because i wouldnt think that little of weight would make a difference.

ChadEXer
08-29-2002, 07:37 AM
I know most of you guys have seen my header with that ceramic powder coating. Well after a fight between my wife and i and a swift knock on the floor that stuff chipped right off!! I went back to the gyt and he is putting a "true" ceramic coating on my header. im going to pick it up in an hour and will post pics of it! This guy will ceramic coat your header for half the price of Jet Hot!!

CBW
08-29-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
This guy will ceramic coat your header for half the price of Jet Hot!!

he must like working for nothing more than i do:confused: :D ;)

ChadEXer
08-29-2002, 08:06 AM
Could be!!! I think he can do stuff for so cheap because he has a huge powder coating shop. he does powdercoating for the city(fire hydrants etc) and for big pipe companies!!!

CBW
08-29-2002, 08:18 AM
yeah...see the stuff i was going to start to put on (only for myself now) is a ceramic in suspension of water......and then once it bakes out i have to polish it out by hand cause i dont have a high dollar vibratory polisher. I also have a satin black that is great for turbo housings etc..

and i was going to start putting top coats over it all......i have a pearl red and blue, though there are many others available.

the headpipes on my 400 used to be ceramic base then a yellow with a red pearl over the top:D ,,,,,but in the pictures it is hard to see the pearl:(

400exNH
08-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Rico, Do you think it would be good idea to powder coat or cermic coat or whatever to your powerbomb. I mean wouldn't that mess the functionality of the bomb considering it has that steel wool packing stuff inside. Wouldn't that get ruined???

08-29-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 400exNH
Rico, Do you think it would be good idea to powder coat or cermic coat or whatever to your powerbomb. I mean wouldn't that mess the functionality of the bomb considering it has that steel wool packing stuff inside. Wouldn't that get ruined???

I have no idea,,I guess I could email FMF and ask them,,I'm not sure how jet-hot applies there coatings...good question though..

Dave400ex
08-29-2002, 07:38 PM
I think I need to get my exhaust guard powdercoated Chris. Could you do like a Silvervein or Gray Hammertone?