PDA

View Full Version : Anti vibe bar clamp or Fasst Flex Bars

adinocr7
08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I was set to purchased a set of Fasst Flex Handlebars. However the $330.00 price tag (including the Pro Taper Mounts) has made me explor my options. I can get my hands on an Anti Vibration Handlebar Clamp for $140.00 and continue to use my stock handlebars.

http://www.gripnripracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_20&products_id=94

bansheexcracer2
08-28-2006, 12:13 PM
I was looking at that clamp too. I am going to get a used set of flexx bars for about $180 and then get that clamp.

400exMO
08-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Holy crap! Never spend that much money on just an ativibe clamp. Get a used antivibe stem/clamp for the same$.

Also I have a houser +1 antivibe stem and can't tell much difference. Get the bars unless your stem's bent.

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Get Both:D

bradley300
08-30-2006, 05:01 AM
IMO, the bars will help much more than the clamp will

CannondaleRider
08-30-2006, 08:38 AM
The Flexx bars, for sure.

An anti-vibe clamp won't come close to the dampening of Flexx bars.

stocktires
08-31-2006, 04:50 PM
The anti-vibe didn't do too much on my old R, but it helped a little...not enough to save my wrist from breaking.

juanki
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
i got both and put them at the same time so dont realy know the dif. of just one. but i can tell you that it has done a lot for my wrists, here is a pic

adinocr7
10-29-2006, 02:09 PM
You guys were right. The anti vibe clamp I purchased turned out to be nothing more then a waste of money. IMO they made hardly any difference at all.

My folks are going to Europe for a few months and wanted to get me an early 30th B-day gift . . . jokingly I sent them a link to the Fasst Flexx bars and specified the 12 Degree / ATV Woods Bend. Well a week later I was invited to dinner and low and behold got the bars as well . . . it was only two days later I had a chance to ride them.

These things really make a substantial difference in comfort. Especially when braking hard over the rough stuff. It should be mentioned that the quality of these bars is also impressive. I wasn't expecting a set of bars that were machined as nicely as the Fasst Flexx's are. My father is a machinist and is about as critical as you can get. He looked at the construction of the bars and was pretty impresssed as the casting and overall fabrication.

The bottom line is you get what you pay for.