PDA

View Full Version : Z 400 has been sitting now choke is stuck

adinocr7
08-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm' quad sitting my friends Z 400. Its been sitting for a month so I decided to take it out for a few minutes just to give it a workout. When I attempted to start it I found to my dismay that the choke has become stuck. The knob on the handlebars moves about a 1/2 inch, however you can tell its not actually moving the choke.

If you feather the gas the machine will eventually start up and run like a top. From that point you can start it within seconds for the rest of the day. However if it sits even over night you will need the choke to get it started.

So far I have taken the top part of the choke apart. I sprayed WD-40 in the cable. That didn't work so I unscrewed the part where the line runs into the carb. When I went to move the choke knob back and forth it seems like it was sticking somewhere right near or at the carb. I sprayed some WD-40 in the part of the carb where the choke line runs in but its still stuck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

bansheerider4
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
the same thing happened to my banshee.....if mine sat over night itd take like 5-10 kicks to get it started but if i choked it it start 1-2 kick my sticks to and the only thing i did was kept pumping mine.....and if it takes a while to start put new gas in it mine had old gas and it was a ***** to start....:scary: