PDA

View Full Version : Shane Hitt

hasbeenttduner
08-28-2006, 08:11 AM
Any news on Shane Hitt?

palot
08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
quote from another site

Red Swain the promoter of Dixieland Speedway talked with Shane's Dad before they left. It seems he has cracked his C-5 vertebrae and was scheduled to have surgery. Shane's Dad said the Doctor's decided to brace his neck and let the healing process begin without surgery. I am not sure if Shane was released from Sentara Norfolk General or not. I will try to find out more on Monday. Keep Shane and his family in your prayers.

300exQuadracer
08-28-2006, 03:00 PM
that was one of the worst wrecks i have ever seen he just rag dolled 50+ feet down the track, i was suprised to see him sitting up

300exQuadracer
09-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Shane Hitt Update

It's a miracle! It looks as though the greatest TT rider of all time, Shane Lee Hitt, will be fine after the recently confirmed four cracks in his C5 vertebrae have time to heal.

"The doctor told me that in 9 out of 10 cases like this the person would end up on a ventilator for the rest of their life. I'm really lucky", said Shane after coming home from WVU in West Virginia.

The accident happened in the pro main event at round six of the ATVA Extreme Dirt Track Series at Dixieland Speedway in Elizabeth City, NC.

After a few poor starts Shane logged a good second and a half faster lap times than anyone and passed his way through the field where he earned the fastest qualifier position for the main event. "We've been dialing in my Honda since Ashtabula. I felt really good to finally be back to where I was health wise and equipment wise. It's been a while since I had a bike that worked as good as my old 250R, -- this one was right there."

In the pro main, while pulling third gear wide open over a small jump Shane's Sparks Racing Honda 450R began flipping end over end five to six times in total. "I don't know what happened. I don't remember being hit from behind or anything. Maybe something broke that sent me over the bars", recollects Shane. "All I can remember is flipping through the air. I was knocked out for four minutes and don't remember anything."

As for now, Shane has been fitted with a brace that will keep his head completely still for 12 weeks. Under strict doctor's orders Shane is only allowed to do limited things like walk carefully, watch TV and use the computer. A complete recover is expected but only if the fractures in his C5 heal like the doctors are hoping. If not, he may need surgery within the next few months.

As for the future, Shane is still undetermined as to whether he will try to race again. He is however extremely grateful for the chance to resume a normal life. He calls his prognosis a miracle.

C-LEIGH RACING
09-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Jake,
Did you see the pics of his bike after the crash, looked like the lower a arms broke, that would explain the gouge marks in the face of that last jump where he crashed at.

Think about it, I'll talk to you about it at PA.
Candace had a bad crash at the MX this past weekend, suppost to go to the doctor today but she hasnt gotten home yet. Will know more later.
Neil

TheIceMan
09-05-2006, 12:04 AM
damn Neil,hope she is ok too.
hope meet ya this weekend.

300exQuadracer
09-05-2006, 02:41 PM
i was sitting in the stands very top row and was watching him because he spun out in the 1st corner and was sooo fast comin back into the pack, he was having an awesome day from last in the holeshot to 1st in his heat, that tells ya somethin right there
but anyway it looked almost like he actually started to bobble right after the first little jump then the 2nd he was done for and the bike went flipping, and he was sliding head first with his arms beside himself, i knew he was knocked out cause you allways put your arms out when you wreck

candice and lonnie in the b class are havin a good battle every race

and you wont see the "4 friends racing" trailer anymore cause it got SOLD, so we had to scramble to find another trailer for this weekend