PDA

View Full Version : Ive been to hell and back!

quads14589
08-28-2006, 07:34 AM
well i havent been on exriders for along time. ive been at football for 1 week of double seccions(sp) and our coach made us go to this "football camp" for 3 days. we got there and the place smelled like ****, the field was crappy it rained out every day so everything of ours got all wet it was misseralbol(sp). then we have 4 practices a day going agenst other teams. the food there sucked so bad so u can barley eat anything and the toilets were really nasty. it was the worst 3 days of my life. the nights were so cold becuase all your cloths were wet. it was the worst thing ever!!! and i havent rode my quad in over a month!

MR.BIG
08-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Suck it up you sissy! LOL :p

quads14589
08-28-2006, 08:10 AM
haha i would like to see u go against the same team 2 times a day in scrimages when they know your plays:cuss:

MR.BIG
08-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Calm down just messin with ya!:D

250R-Dee
08-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Sounds like he went easy on you! During my freshmen and sophomore years I played on a 6A high school in Alabama (Central High School - Tuscaloosa, AL) and we spent most of our summer weight training and studying the 150 page play book (everybody had to know all of the plays for offense, defense and special teams). If we weren't doing weight training the seniors or guys for the U of A were running us through drills because the coaches were not allowed to supervise us until August when the official practices started. The first 2 weeks of August practice consisted of two-a-days with playbook study and/or refresher drills in the gym between the scrimmages.

The high school I went to for my junior and senior years in Fayetteville, NC pretty much did the same stuff but we didn't get help from the local college athletes during the summer.

I wish we could have gotten a simple 3 day session:(

quads14589
08-28-2006, 09:11 AM
i felt sorry for the running backs becuase we have the coach that coahced dwight freeny and he made the running backs do 100 updown straight then another 50.

250R-Dee
08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
RB's, receivers and DB's are always running or doing calisthenics. This is the only way to condition a person for those positions since they run more anybody else.

Nausty
08-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by quads14589
well i havent been on exriders for along time. ive been at football for 1 week of double seccions(sp) and our coach made us go to this "football camp" for 3 days. we got there and the place smelled like ****, the field was crappy it rained out every day so everything of ours got all wet it was misseralbol(sp). then we have 4 practices a day going agenst other teams. the food there sucked so bad so u can barley eat anything and the toilets were really nasty. it was the worst 3 days of my life. the nights were so cold becuase all your cloths were wet. it was the worst thing ever!!! and i havent rode my quad in over a month!

3 whole days huh, must be horrible! Least you can go home and sleep in your own bed at night after those 3 whole days! Your a ****in baby!:)

Mean250r
08-28-2006, 11:31 AM
yeh man im not gunna lie but thats not really that big of a deal, im not gunna post what we do cuz i just got home and im tired. But all football teams work hard. The harder you work the better you will be (in most cases)

PismoLocal
08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Ya that doesnt sound 2 bad. I always thought that it was funny how football players complian about hell week because they have 2 or 3 a day practices for a week. When I was in highschool I Played waterpolo, we had 2 pratices a day from june until december. 6:00am to 7:30am before school and from 2:45pm-6:00pm after school. Water polo and wrestling make foot ball season seem like a walk in the park.

08-28-2006, 12:13 PM
im not kidding, quit football, its only going to get worse, and besides, its not like ur gonna become pro or anything

:cool:

Mean250r
08-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
im not kidding, quit football, its only going to get worse, and besides, its not like ur gonna become pro or anything

w.e you do dont quit, u will regret it. if ur on varsity, wehn pep rally comes around and ur team is goin nuts and ur sittin there ur gunna say, i shudnt of quit. And you gotta hear **** form the other players callin u a ***** and what not

PismoLocal
08-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Do not Quit I can gaurantee you will regret it.

Hyperwarrior22
08-28-2006, 12:20 PM

No comment

08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Hyperwarrior22
Go play soccer you fairy
i dont want to get into a whole contest on who is better and whatnot however, atleast i am actually good at a sport!

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Do not Quit I can gaurantee you will regret it. I quit after my freshman year after playing for 3 years in a little league team. The amoutn of fun I had playing freshman ball was no where near the amount of fun I had in little league. Whats funny is, my little league team practiced and played harder than I did in freshman ball. Probably why we went undefeated...There was only 2 people from that team that went on to continue playing highschool ball..the rest of us quit becuase we had such a good taste, highschool ball just did not compare.

Quit btiching becuase you scrimmaged a team that knew your plays....A good team can win a football game on 3 plays, run them continuesly. If they know your play, that should not stop you from executing it perfectly.

mickey400ex
08-28-2006, 02:44 PM
if u think thats hell, go to iraq for a year:blah:

quads14589
08-28-2006, 04:32 PM
ill pass:macho

4oorider
08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
w.e you do dont quit, u will regret it. if ur on varsity, wehn pep rally comes around and ur team is goin nuts and ur sittin there ur gunna say, i shudnt of quit. And you gotta hear **** form the other players callin u a ***** and what not

yeah dont quit, my brother had to quit is sophmore year because he has a few warped discs in his back. He had an actual medical reason to quit and the team still gave him **** after he quit.:rolleyes:

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 4oorider
yeah dont quit, my brother had to quit is sophmore year because he has a few warped discs in his back. He had an actual medical reason to quit and the team still gave him **** after he quit.:rolleyes: then that team is full of idiots and he was probably better off quitting anyway

08-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
then that team is full of idiots and he was probably better off quitting anyway

Exactly. And if you do happen to quit, everytime someone from the team gives you ****, just be like "Yeah, I'm the idiot. By the way, have fun running laps while I'm not." But do you what you want.

08-29-2006, 04:31 AM
i aint here to bash on te football teams out there but everyone always say how hard camps are and practice and everything, but i had a kid on my old hockey team and right after the football season ended literally the next week hockey started and he puked the first couple of hockey practice...

but just suck it up man, football seasons are so short you might as well finish....a high school football season is what? 3 months?? just suck it up and train harder

Hondadudeehhhh
08-29-2006, 11:34 AM

quit riding quads, its not like you're going to be pro or anything :rolleyes:

As for for your football camp being a bad experience just suck it up. Im a junior now and ive been playing since 3rd grade. I have never really enjoyed practice or the 2-a day crap but games make up for all of that stuff. Our first game was last friday (my first year on varsity) and it was a great feeling going out in front of over a thousand people and winning a game. Really, football only gets better as the years go on.

IOWAracer
08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
wow 3 days sounds fun.....we went for two weeks this year 4 hour practise twice a day oh and two days after school got out we started team running and weight training ran a mile and lifted two hours and it sure as heLL shows who went and didnt!

EvilJester400EX
08-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Quit football and pay more attention in english.