PDA

View Full Version : cr500 link on stock 86 frame?

honda182
08-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I have all the parts lieing around to do the job. pep dual rate zps 18.25 shock, 91 cr500 link, and the correct swing arm from leagers. From the looks of It I thik All I have do is change the rear motor mounts and raise the the shock tower. my question is what should I set my ride height to and also If somebody else has done it if the could let me know some dimensions. any information/opinions will be appreciated. thanks

atvmxr
08-28-2006, 07:52 AM
ooh wow. I asked this question a few months back and was told the frame cant be adapted to use the CR-500, maybe they meant with out cutting/welding the frame.

zedicus00
08-28-2006, 08:08 AM
the cr500 setup is off center... it can be done on stock frames but i dont think it is worth doing to one over the ease of going to no link on stock frame... which with the right setup requires no modding. basically you need to move the top shock mount up about an inch an over about an inch... the stock airbox will need moded an the stock intake boot will rub.

i really hate to see peeple molest stock R frames but its not mine so i cant tell you what to do with it. good luck if you decide to go through with it, hope you dont ruin anything.

matt250r21
08-28-2006, 06:49 PM
It can be done to a stock frame, but it dose need alot of work. Top shock mount and frame linkage mount will have to be all new. The air box and boot will not need mods, I have a CR500 link R and clearence is fine. Do a search in this forum, I saw a while back a whole thread on CR link conversions.

honda182
08-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Zedicus so what would the correct no link setup be? I am curious because I can always sell the cr500 stuf and buy no link. I am kinda iffi on cutting up my baby. I recieved all the cr500 stuff from a friend who is getting out of the business. If I can get the same performance or better without cutting up my frame than I would rather do that. I respect your opinion.

deathman53
08-29-2006, 04:07 PM
jrd makes a swinger that will work in a stock frame and it gives you the length of the shock you will need, shouldn't be any frame modding.