PDA

View Full Version : need help jetting

ex_freestyle
08-27-2006, 10:28 PM
yes its a nother jetting thread but i just got a curtis sparks x-6 full system for my quad and its making it run alot weaker. i have a wisco 11:1 piston, hot cam stage 1, cdi and rectifire, k&n air filter, no airbox lid, outer wears, and thats it for the engine mods and my altituide is 17,000-19,000 ft above sea level. if any one has any suggestions for the pilot jet, main jet and what clip it should be on the needle please let me know

thanks

GPracer2500
08-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Wow--that's up there. What's your current jetting? Most likely your gonna have to experiment on the jetting to figure out what's right. I doubt anyone's got experience with jetting for those kinds of elevations.

Just taking wild guesses, I'd say you might be in the 132 range on your main jet and very lean on the needle (clip on the top or nearly top postion). The pilot is harder to guess--they're not as sensitive to elevation changes as the others. 34 maybe? I imagine it's pretty cool up there so that will help counteract the elevation.

It's strange that you lost overall performance with the addition of an aftermarket exhaust. Up there you need all the help you can get in getting gas in and out of the engine. If you were already jetted correctly before then that might be the explination.

Try putting the lid back on and see if that gets you some of your performance back. If it does then the exhaust is simply leaning our your jetting too much and you'd have to richen up a little to get it right.