PDA

View Full Version : Most Durable Coating?

stocktires
08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Hey Paps,
If you had to say, what would be the most durable and least amount of upkeep color? Would it be stealth black? I'm killing myself trying to figure out a color scheme! I dont want alot of shiny and hard to keep up stuff on this quad like the last.

Also, do you have something to get chrome off these days? Just like my old a-arms, my JRD's are chrome. :mad:

Pappy
08-28-2006, 05:07 AM
I think gloss black is probably one of the more durable colors. Not mirror black but a good gloss black.

I will look into seing what or where I can get chrome removed

stocktires
08-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Any news on the chrome Paps? I know your busy, no big rush.

Also, would moly hold up better than gloss black as just a coating and ease of cleaning?

Pappy
08-31-2006, 05:04 PM
the only folks that will actually remove chrome are those that chrome.

moly is more dureable then pc, but about 4 times the cost

Sjorge450R
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I think gloss black is probably one of the more durable colors. Not mirror black but a good gloss black.

I will look into seing what or where I can get chrome removed

yeah I had to hammer my swinger into my frame with a block of wood (I know you are going to kill me ken, right after you PC'd it) and it still looks perfect. The red seems to be almsot as good, just a little easier to scratch.

Pappy
09-01-2006, 04:22 AM
Ive rubber malleted a few in my day:p They can get snug but it really gets hard when you havent done a few and dont know the little tricks to get the suckers back in:p