PDA

View Full Version : K & K Raceway (Maquoketa, Iowa)

aman
08-27-2006, 10:06 PM
hey guys, dont know if you've ever been here before or not but i havent heard anyone talk much about it so i thought i'd spread the word........website is www.kandkraceway.com I live about an hour or so from the WI/ IA line and it doesnt take more than an hour and a half to get there tops......4 lane all the way down from my way......

ive been going to byron and warren for the last couple years and after just goin here a couple times i've realized this is a good 500x better than both combined.....track layout is very good.....i believe it is 30 ft wide at the very least so there is plenty of room to pass and stuff......not too technical but there are plenty of jumps for those who like to air it out........its spread out enough to hold it wide open most of the time also.......very enjoyable track to race on.........they could definitely use some more numbers in the quad classes so i encourage all of you in the area to give this track a shot.......they do a dam good job of runnin the place and i have no problem spreading the word.....go check it out!!

WheelieMan4
09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Bump...

Great track for a begginer or expert...I loved the track and it was the first one Ive ever been too!

LTR450_#67
09-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah that track is nice.....I got 4th in points in C class last season there. They changed it (the track) up a bit from last year. I was there once this whole season due to getting hurt or having the quad in the shop for a recall on the frame. I plan on going there this weekend with weather permitting. I run Quad B now. See you there maybe......

later
Aaron

aman
09-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Were you down there then? I remember seein a whole crapload of ltrs but i cant remember if you were down there or not.....:confused:

WheelieMan4
09-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I think I remeber seeing him when we were all sitting down there waiting to line up at the gate. I'm pretty sure I saw a number 67. I was on a red 400ex, number 406. So if you were there, did you see me?

LTR450_#67
09-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Nope sorry guys I didn't make it down. My bro Luke made a suprise visit home with my new nephew. So I hung out and rode here at home with him on the practice track. He has an LT500R "Quadzilla" so we were doing some fine tuning to the carbuerator, cuz we put a different one on. That thing is awesome.

Anyways the next (and last maybe?) race at K and K is the 30th so I'm definitely going to try and be there. I also have a couple buddies that run A class. Number 217 is Jeff Willenborg he is pretty fast. Jeff helped me out a lil last season. And number 91 Jesse Barnes is even faster I think he is going run nationals next year.

My LTR looks different than most. I have my front #plate ziptied to the headlight, kinda like a shield. I think it looks good that way, I think anyways. Mine is a white LTR. Also where the stock front number plate like sticker is, my younger brother cut out the black part on it. I think it gives my LTR a distinct look.

Wow I typed a lot. Anyways I hope to see and talk to ya

later
Aaron

WheelieMan4
09-25-2006, 07:05 AM
Your friends with them? They are some good racers. They def. know what they're doing out on the track. Yea the 30th is the last race, I will be there but not racing. I broke my arm there at the last race, the 16th. My buddy will be going from C class up to B class this weekend.. #328 on a red 450r.

LTR450_#67
09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Cool hopefully we can battle each other on the track. I've rode that track for about 15mins tops (Practice) this season. In that practice a guy with an LTR had his linkage break and got hurt pretty good. So I checked mine after practice and lo and behold mine was cracking and pulling apart. The next week I took mine in for the recall and didn't get it back till 4th of July weekend.

I am friends with Jeff. He lives about 7 miles away from me (Dyersville, IA). I get some of his used tires from him for cheap and they aren't that bad in most cases. I use them for practice and have a good set for racing.

I hope to make it down this weekend. I won't be too familiar with the track so your buddy will pry take me, we'll see!!

later
Aaron

P.S. If you guys are from Wisconsin, have you guys by anychance heard of Andy Taylor? Cuz I have a buddy from Dubuque that knows him kinda well and we've been to a practice track outside of Dickeyville. Maybe between Dickeyville and Potosi? Just wondering.

aman
09-25-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah i know him......ive been down there a couple times to ride over the summer but im injured now though so i havent got down there in a while......been trying to get him up this way actually cause we had a big ride up at my house yesterday.....i think hes been workin on his house alot lately though so he hasnt had a whole lot of time to ride......but yeah, ill be down there the 30th watchin Halverson though......he'll give ya some good competition if hes decides to still run C

WheelieMan4
09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
im pretty sure he decided on racing B...should be sweet to watch him race against friederick out there. and then hopefully dustin will race too...should be another good weekend.

WheelieMan4
09-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Im going to try and get some good pics of the track so that you guys can all get a feal of what it's like and hopefully get more people there!

LTR450_#67
09-30-2006, 12:07 AM
I won't be there guys.....I got my phone bill today and it was $200 bucks, So there goes my gas money, entry fee and then some!!!

We'll have to hook up sometime and go riding.

sorry guys

Aaron

aman
09-30-2006, 11:22 AM
ouch :eek2: lol.......that sucks man.......yeah if you want to go riding with us just give a holler sometime.....im thinkin we can get a big group back out here to ride tomorrow so it should be pretty fun