PDA

View Full Version : Banshee not running right. Reeds?

xxbansheekidxx
08-27-2006, 06:06 PM
My banshee has been boging at higher rpm's and not really running right and it was right after i put a K&n on so i thought i had to rejet it so i was taking the carbs off and i relized carbon built up on them. I dont know any thing about reeds so i didnt know if that was becasue they weren't sealing and exhaust was going into my carbs or something?

bansheexcracer2
08-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Your reeds might be bad. If you have the money now I would just get new ones any way. You will get more power. I have boysen power reeds and they work good.

Mxjunkie
08-28-2006, 04:42 AM
If it's not the reed's then check your main jet size and clip position on your needle. I belive stock is 200 main jet and center position on the needle.

firefighterjosh
08-28-2006, 05:02 AM
If it happened right after you installed the K&N then it is running lean. You need to re-jet it. I think If I can remember the stock is a 185 or something like that. I would try a 200. Then keep stepping up your jet size (200 then 210, 220. ect. until it runs like crap on top. Then back down 1 jet size and you should be good to go. I have a set of T-6 pipes if you interested? PM Me if you want.

xxbansheekidxx
08-28-2006, 07:20 AM
mine had a 200 in it and the next size i have is a 220 so i am going to try the 220's i ran out of carb cleaner so i havent put my carbs back on yet.

Mxjunkie
08-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Does it cough back thru the exhaust when you rev it or let go of the gas?

xxbansheekidxx
08-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I dont know is it real obviouse so i would know if it did though

firefighterjosh
08-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Go ahead and put the 220 in it and let us know what happends

simplywired
09-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Check out this link

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

It's alot to read, but it completely explains the carbs, jets and needles. At the very end, it will list differant mods you can do to your bike and how many jet sizes to go up accordingly.

I've got FMF pipes and aftermarket filter, and i'm running 300 mains, works great

09-09-2006, 08:15 PM
the best thing to do is to get rid of the reeds, all they do is restrict airflow, think about it when air goes thru the intake it goes into the reeds then into the card, get rid of the reeds and u have more air to your fuel making more power, plus u dont need to worry about clogged reeds.

Xater
09-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Kahuna18
the best thing to do is to get rid of the reeds, all they do is restrict airflow, think about it when air goes thru the intake it goes into the reeds then into the card, get rid of the reeds and u have more air to your fuel making more power, plus u dont need to worry about clogged reeds.
i wouldent suggest removing your reeds

simplywired
09-09-2006, 08:45 PM
2-stokes will not run properly, if at all, with out reeds. They are basically the valves of the engine. When the piston is moveing up fo Compression, the reeds open and gas/fuel goes in below the piston. When the piston comes back down, the reds must close, if they don't your just going to push all that gas/air back into the carbs. Thats why if you have even a hairline opening in your reeds, the bike runs poorly.

Xater
09-10-2006, 01:18 PM
and with no reeds you will notice crap blowing out the carb because thats what happend when one of my reeds broke

firefighterjosh
09-11-2006, 06:31 PM
It won't run worth a poo without reeds, if at all