PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI)

hardkoratvmxr
08-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Has anyone here ever attended their school? I am only a junior in highschool but my mom wants me to look into future "schooling" and MMI or UTI is about all I want to do. Is there any prerequiste training or schooling such as, ACT scores, SAT scores, etc etc? I need to know if it is worth trying to get accepted to MMI or UTI. I thank you for all your help and knowledge.

GPracer2500
08-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Pretty sure MMI will take anyone willing to pay the tuition. I've known a couple of guys who went there. My impression? It's what YOU make of it. Don't expect to come out of there being an expert mechanic. And even with an MMI diploma you'll be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to getting a job at a service department.

RaptorRacer45
08-27-2006, 07:34 PM
The UTI Corp. is all about the Money, there a bunch of Greedy *******s.....anyway i know b\c im currently still in NTI (UTI in NC).....i can post up some details later, i just aint up for it now:D

CowsBitePeople
08-27-2006, 08:34 PM
my buddy is going to nti in nc now and im in pa for auto/diesel and i like it so far, u will learn alot as long as u want to

KWAD GAWD
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
U go to school, and you get stuck working in a bike shop in the back making $10/hour. $10/hour migh be ok when you're 20.. but not in the long run. Go to real college.

APA
08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
The UTI Corp. is all about the Money, there a bunch of Greedy *******s.....anyway i know b\c im currently still in NTI (UTI in NC).....i can post up some details later, i just aint up for it now:D

Im just up the road from you in Kannapolis...... Used to race at Doublin Gap....Yentzers

In the MC industry MMI is the best training you can get to become a tech. You get book knowledge. But its up to you to figure out how to work fast. Flat rate is the only way to make any $$$ but you better stash it away cuz you starve in the winter..

jackson15
08-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Pretty sure MMI will take anyone willing to pay the tuition. I've known a couple of guys who went there. My impression? It's what YOU make of it. Don't expect to come out of there being an expert mechanic. And even with an MMI diploma you'll be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to getting a job at a service department.

exactly.