PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle

08-27-2002, 05:10 PM
ok boys, i have a '01 400ex. i just installed a twist throttle kit.
what do u guys think, twist or thumb. i do all kinds of rider. trail, track. i was a dirk bike lover, and i didn't mind the twist throttle
but i don't know. who has twist throttle, and what what do u think?

THX EXTRACC

08-27-2002, 05:17 PM
NO:huh

Smoker
08-27-2002, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't use anything else. Twist throttles are preffered by few on atv's but once you get used to it I think they are so much more comfortable. IMO :p

08-27-2002, 05:42 PM
your rite, if u get used 2 it i guess it would b ok, but i thought about it once,and i relized that if u lean into a turn or somethin, u could forget about the twist and nail it wide open, and some times it could b bad, and if u land bad off a jump and fall 2 one side, u could nail it wide open 2, and once again, it mite not b a good out come:eek: the thing is, on dirtbikes u dont gotta wry bout it cuz u dont ever lean on a dirtbike. jus my .02

crashinmatt
08-27-2002, 08:34 PM
im with smoker. i wouldnt go back to a thumb throttle for nothin. once used to it, its like second nature to use. if ur comin off of a bike then it would be easier to get used to. but all the things lrdrider1 said rnt as bad as they sound. if u have control and r used to the twist they usually dont happen that much.

R-Crazy
08-27-2002, 08:37 PM
thumbs are not as easy to use as a twist once you get used to it. i love TWIST!

dave

08-27-2002, 08:43 PM
GO WITH THE TWIST. i have had the twist for a year and it is so much easier than a thumb. way easier to trun, and easier to control. when i first got it on i crashed tho . my ault caus at the same time i put it on i re jetted it piped and kand n filtered it and it had to much power so i axidently hit a fuccen tree.:huh

Drtridr18
08-27-2002, 09:04 PM
I agree, go with the twist, I have no problems with it and don't even know i'm using it when i ride, wheelies are no problem, corners, nothing phases you...if you like the idea get one, it will become second nature-simple as that!

08-27-2002, 09:11 PM
thx guys, that helped a lot!!!!

Sportrax10
08-27-2002, 09:41 PM
i had a thumb throttle on my fourtrax 90 when i was young then when i got my blaster i had a twist and now my 400ex had a thumb and i never had a problem adjusting to any of them

L.Vegas400
08-28-2002, 04:10 AM
ive never had a twist on a quad. i am just worried about buying one, installing it, and finding i dont like it.:( i guess ill just stick with the thumb, since i can ride all day and my thumb doesnt hurt. i also have a calus(sp?) on the side of my thumb. im about tired of writing thumb.

BIGRED400
08-28-2002, 05:13 AM
I was SCARED to death at first w/my twist, I got airborn come down and the land nailed my wrist and it wheeleed (SCARY),thought about taking it off, run it a while now all I want is Twist Throttle!!!!! Just give it time to get used to if you get one.

Teufel
08-28-2002, 09:53 AM
I Love the twist, I grew up on motorcycles so it is natural for me.
It really is a personal preference. I have seen guys who actually was slower with one than the other. It does alter your riding style. If you do use a twist be sure to adjust the cable so that it has some free play in the twist. This will allow you to rock back as you go through certain areas and want to be off the gas, yet you are still rockin.
Check it out and see what works best for you :D

Boone
08-28-2002, 08:13 PM
I ride alot in the winter and I wouldn't go with out the twist.
The aluminum thumb throttle gets really cold.
Boone