PDA

View Full Version : gncc rears are junk

MO-EX-RIDER
08-27-2006, 02:52 PM
IMO, i have rode on these 3 times and have had a flat 2 of the three. i can see tireballs and the hd's coming soon...enough of my ranting

400eXr1d3rZ
08-27-2006, 06:57 PM
What tire did you have before the GNCC's?

I bet it's just the type of riding you do, rocky ****. Were they 6 ply?

DJJ450r
08-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
IMO, i have rode on these 3 times and have had a flat 2 of the three. i can see tireballs and the hd's coming soon...enough of my ranting Yeah I was worried about them gettin flats, even tho I have tireballs they still get flat. My friend had I-razrs and popped 4 balls in one race, he still finished and got 5th overall but you could deff tell it was flat.:blah: I rode a set of rear HD's a full season last year with balls and had 0 problems, I bought a new set this year and still no problems. Great tires:macho

bansheexcracer2
08-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Get HD's. You wont need another tire.

MO-EX-RIDER
08-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
What tire did you have before the GNCC's?

I bet it's just the type of riding you do, rocky ****. Were they 6 ply?

i ran a xc race on some rough s**t with stock tires and had no problems...i got the gnccs as a "precaution" and hate them..i need to find someone who gets support from tireballs so i can maybe get a deal and hds will be on the way as well as a set of hipers, cause the itp t-9s are junk as well or maybe i ride to hard:devil: :devil:

exrider008
08-27-2006, 07:44 PM
itp t-9s are junk as well or maybe i ride to hard:devil: :devil:

ya t-9's suck arse IMO. i rode a 250r the other day that had HD's and they r a great tire! the only thing i didnt like was that they felt kida heavy :ermm: but deside that i loved them.

CannondaleRider
08-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Razr 1's and 2's are also very puncture resistant.

Never had problems with either

firefighterjosh
08-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider

SAME HERE

Colby@C&DRacing
08-28-2006, 08:32 AM
IMO, i have rode on these 3 times and have had a flat 2 of the three. i can see tireballs and the hd's coming soon...enough of my ranting

How much air were you running in the GNCC rears ?

QuadJunkies
08-28-2006, 08:49 AM

That is one of our favorites..
TOUGH TIRE!:macho

jonboy
08-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Did you check the tires to see where it is losing air? Or what is causing it to go flat? I have a set and love them. I havent had any problems out of them, yet. Your wheel could be the culprit. Have you checked to see if they are bent? Even the slightest bend could cause the bead not to seal properly and cause an air leak. Lots of guys here have started running them due to their wear rate and I havent heard any of them complaining of flats.:confused:

cb450r
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I also have a set of GNCC tires and love them! I have 4 XC races and alot of regular ride time on them. The rears show only slight wear, I would have to ask the same question that C&D asked "How much air were you running?" It seems that all of the people that have complained about them are running to little air pressure, They like to be ran with at least 7 psi.

md1985250r
08-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Razr I , Razr II, HD's, GNCC ,are all 6 ply tires .How you can call one junk and not all of them junk is beyond me. It seems you might just be having a bit of bad luck. I got one RAZR in the shed that has 11 or 12 plugs in it.
Now I run GNCC'S with tireballs. Just last week I noticed one was lower than the other,turns out I had 4 flat balls in one tire!!:eek: It was hard to notice while riding though..

gbcap
08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by md1985250r
Razr I , Razr II, HD's, GNCC ,are all 6 ply tires .How you can call one junk and not all of them junk is beyond me. It seems you might just be having a bit of bad luck. I got one RAZR in the shed that has 11 or 12 plugs in it.
Now I run GNCC'S with tireballs. Just last week I noticed one was lower than the other,turns out I had 4 flat balls in one tire!!:eek: It was hard to notice while riding though..

just cause they are 6 ply doesn't mean one isn't thinner plys then others. i have 75 ply loader tires that are only about 8 inches thick...the old ones we took off were 35 ply and 9 inches thick. so its all in the make of the tire.

ALOT of people are having with problem with the gncc's. you have to run 7-9 lbs in them to keep them from getting flats. the sidewalls SUCK in these tires. contact ITP and they have been awesome at helping out thier riders!

Greg

ps...where in md are you from. always looking for more people to ride with. i am in northern md. Carroll county.

md1985250r
08-28-2006, 02:58 PM
initially I thought I was going to dislike my GNCC's because it seemed like they were going to wear fast, but after the first few rides it seems like they aren't wearing as fast.
I realize some plies are thicker than others and also some tires are made of different compounds , some softer than others ,etc,etc. I was just annoyed by the junk comment, just because it got a hole in it doesnt mean its junk. I dont know of any tires on the market that are indestructible. If there is one I wish someone would share it with me...lol

MO_EX...put the tire balls inside of the GNCC and see what you think.

gbcap...pm sent

MO-EX-RIDER
08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
i was running 5 lbs in the rears and the sidewalls are getting slashed..rims are fine they are also new.. and as for calling them junk the 1st word when you open this thread is IMO. and i am looking into some tireballs just dont have the extra $800 laying around...for now ill stick to SLIME! and add a few lbs.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-28-2006, 03:32 PM
5lbs is the reason you have flats your are supposed to run no less than 7 lbs.

DJJ450r
08-28-2006, 04:14 PM
I run 5 lbs in each of my balls and before I had balls I ran 5 in my Hd's with no problems with flats, lower pressure soaks up them rocks more:blah:

Colby@C&DRacing
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
we are not talking about an HD the GNCC requires 7 min psi to prevent punctures and to prevent sidewall carcas failure info directly from ITP. I run 5 psi in HD's also with no problem

DJJ450r
08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Is it the same with the 21" too?

gbcap
08-28-2006, 05:12 PM
they should have made the psi issue clear when selling them tho. cause most people run low psi in xc races...i know i run as low as 4 in my rear hd's in really sloppy conditions.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-29-2006, 08:14 AM
I educate every customer that buys tires from us if there is a psi that works better in a tire.

bradley300
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
that seems like the tires would ride rouht with that much air pressure, are the tires made of a different compound that helps that?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Its not the compound it is the carcus that is really close to a radial construction. They don't ride any stiffer than a tire with 4.5 to 5 pounds in them.

duke416ex
08-31-2006, 07:31 AM
What pressure do you run in razr2 fronts, razr rears, and i razr rears?

CannondaleRider
08-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Wow, you guys run low tire pressure, compared to me. I run 10psi all around, yeah its rougher, but it keeps rocks from puncturing to easy.

Many people run 13-15 in rocky desert races

04TRX400EX
09-01-2006, 12:55 AM
I am glad to hear that the GNCC problems are few and far between. It seems to me like more people love them that hate them. Interesting notes Colby about the air pressure. I plan on getting a set of the rears for my 400EX and would hate to wear them out prematurely or get flats.

04TRX400EX
09-01-2006, 12:58 AM

I think they are very good tires too, but they are on the heavy side. They aren't as heavy as an HD but the GNCC weighs like 5-6lbs. less than a Razr2 and 2lbs. less than a Razr1. I am always up for reducing weight, especially unsprung weight like tires.

jonboy
09-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey Colby, Is ITP doing anything to change the sidewall of the tire so it can be run with lower pressures? Or was it there intention for the tire to be run with 7psi. I ran 6 to 7 psi in my stockers because it would roll in the corners and small rocks and dirt got into the tire and you could hear them rolling inside the tire. I didnt think that it was that bad but, others prefer to run lower pressures so they have a better contact patch on the trails. IMO, lower psi would be less likely to puncture on rocks than high psi because they would give more. Thats the way rock crawlers set their tires to get more flex and grip. They also use bead locks but, what good are bead locks with a weak sidewall? :huh

MO-EX-RIDER
09-01-2006, 02:10 PM
UPDATE--
I took into consideration that I went over the deep end before I addressed my problem. I made a call to itp tuesday morning telling them about my situation and their customer service rep said "ill warranty the tires and have a new set shipped out to you". I would also like to thank you colby for giving info on these tires, that I would otherwise never have known
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/gixxer-man/ebay.jpg

JOEX
09-01-2006, 08:43 PM
UPDATE--
I took into consideration that I went over the deep end before I addressed my problem. I made a call to itp tuesday morning telling them about my situation and their customer service rep said "ill warranty the tires and have a new set shipped out to you". I would also like to thank you colby for giving info on these tires, that I would otherwise never have known
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/gixxer-man/ebay.jpg
Thanks for the update:)

prepracing
09-02-2006, 05:25 AM
i ran a xc race on some rough s**t with stock tires and had no problems...i got the gnccs as a "precaution" and hate them..i need to find someone who gets support from tireballs so i can maybe get a deal and hds will be on the way as well as a set of hipers, cause the itp t-9s are junk as well or maybe i ride to hard:devil: :devil:

no matter what tire you run, if combined with JUNK T-9's your gonna have problems in rough XC trails