PDA

View Full Version : is the warrior worth it?

03warriorrider
08-27-2006, 02:38 PM
alright guys i have a 2003 warrior with a white brothers exhaust and many other little extras. the bike has treatesd me very well, but i wish it had a little more power and deffinatley better suspension. i ride mostly trails and sand pits and anytime i can find a jump i always give it a try. i was wondering what you guys thought about upgrading the suspension with new shocks and stuff or just go out and by a new bike. i was looking into a 400ex or a 450r. as of right now the small bumps and roots on the trail send my all over the place and i loose alot of speed due to this. what should i do? thanx

02440exkid
08-27-2006, 03:49 PM
i would get a z400 b/c it's keeps up with a 450 and it has revers and has very good handaling.jmo

yfz stealer
08-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 03warriorrider
alright guys i have a 2003 warrior with a white brothers exhaust and many other little extras. the bike has treatesd me very well, but i wish it had a little more power and deffinatley better suspension. i ride mostly trails and sand pits and anytime i can find a jump i always give it a try. i was wondering what you guys thought about upgrading the suspension with new shocks and stuff or just go out and by a new bike. i was looking into a 400ex or a 450r. as of right now the small bumps and roots on the trail send my all over the place and i loose alot of speed due to this. what should i do? thanx
well dude i had a warrior for about two mouths ago and busted it up great bike but i wouldnt spend any more money on it warrior has limits you should go with a yfz 450 great bike, plus you can get a really great deal on the 06 new i payed 5,999 otd for mine

400eXr1d3rZ
08-27-2006, 08:13 PM
get a 450r.

2muchquad
08-29-2006, 01:10 PM
If you are just play riding and arent looking to do national competition,a set of works front shocks and possibly a higher compression piston and your warrior will work for you.No need to spend 6 grand on a new quad when $500 or so into your warrior will do the trick.Plus your warrior will go further between rebuilds than ANY 4 fiddy.;) Warriors are kinda dated but they are still fun quads regardless of the other choices.;)