PDA

View Full Version : Belly and Swingarm Skid

Flyin-Low
08-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Well, I was ridin the other day and when I got home I looked at the back of my quad and there was a CHUNK broken out of the back of the stock swingarm skid.

So now Im in the market for a swingarm and Belly skid. What brands are cheap, yet light and moderatly durable. There arnt many rocks at all to worry about around here so I want something more light than durable.

What do you think?

-Martin

j_cyrus3
08-27-2006, 02:33 PM
If you buy cheap, it's going to be cheap. Pro armor, or PRM are good brands. I have a swinger skid, 2 of them... I have a PRM and a Pro Armor. I have a AC belly skid and it has held up really well. So has the PRM, i just got the Pro Armor a couple weeks ago, and I haven't hardly rode on it since I got it, but it's used. If you're interested PM me and ill shoot you a price.

Chango
08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
I use AC and both fit like crap..The belly pan didn't even hold up through 1 race ..Not very happy with the quality..

GIXXER1KR
08-28-2006, 08:53 PM
I have PRM on all my quads.The best no question about it.Very durable ,light and the best ground clearance!!!Dont waste your money on anything else believe me.I ve had a few others over the years.You get what u pay for!!!

groundhog_464
08-29-2006, 01:51 PM
armadillo skids arent real expensive and they are pretty tough got mine through rocky mountain

Lonestar_R
08-29-2006, 08:18 PM
PRM all the way.......they are in my opinion the best....I have yet to have any PRM product let me down......

Dave400ex
08-30-2006, 01:13 PM
PRM. I have both and they are awesome.

08-31-2006, 06:40 AM
armadillo(on my 400ex) and prm(on my 450r) for swinger skids...both are awesome!!!

engine skids-i have riccochet(400ex) and prm(450r)...the riccochet fit right up, i had some fitment problems with the prm at the bumper.

i bought the prm stuff over the other two because i knew that they had updated for the 06 450r. i was not sure if any of the others had.

i have riccochet a-arm guards on the 400ex...kinda wish they covered a little more...no other complaints about them...