PDA

View Full Version : No Spark

exrider23
08-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Ok i just got my new engine in and i went to start it and it didnt start..so i took the plug out, cleanec it and put it right bak in, still nothing...so i take it out again and touch the engine with it, no spark....i hooked it to my lawn mower, touched the engine and the plug sparked like crazy.....so why aint i gettin any spark on my quad?

exrider23
08-27-2006, 11:35 AM
can anyone help? i took the black box thing(the box that has the spark plug wire coming out of it...) off of my other 400 to c if that was the problem, and still no spark?

P.S- i have a pro-design kill switch..iff that could b the problem?

krt400ex
08-27-2006, 11:53 AM
u might have a bad ground connection. ur staitor might be bad, u might have a bad coil, the possibilities r endless. u need to start with the easiest most obvious thing and work ur way up 'till u find it

redexrider
08-27-2006, 03:34 PM
The next step I would take is try swaping the cdi boxes. Per the wiring diagram, following from spark plug back, you have the ignition coil (the part you already swapped)(also has a ground coming off of it, be sure that is grounded properly) then it goes back to the cdi box. The kill switch deffinately could be a posibility, you can easily test that out by cutting the two wires going to it and connecting them together and see if it starts, if it does that switch is brad, if it still doesnt connect the wires back up to the repective cut ends... and it is not you switch. Another posibility is the kill switch on the light/starter/kill switch assembly.