hard one
08-27-2006, 08:43 AM
From the SAE CORRECTED WHEEL POWER VS. SPEED

suzuki lt-r450 vs. trinity lt-r493

stock hp=40hp at 80 mph

trinity hp=55hp at 68 mph

stock lt-r top speed 84 mph

trinity lt-r450 top speed 93 mph

lt-r450 with crbm=47hp(air box open exhaust core removed)

lt-r450 with crbm and dobeck system= 50hp

big bore from trinity is only $600,$150 for clutch,

400exrider0004
08-27-2006, 02:43 PM
dont get all mad, but the ltr-450 numbers dont look right

hard one
08-27-2006, 03:13 PM
just facts that i have found from very respected sorces in are industry.

nothing to get mad about just numbers and facts

ST87
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
80 with stock gearing? Im assuming this was done with a dyno so there wouldnt be any wind resistance but i didnt think it would top out over 70. Does it have that much drag or is my numbers wrong. Its fast dont get me wrong i love it but its top speed isnt its strongest link.

hard one
08-27-2006, 04:11 PM
it feels fast but it really isnt.

I was dragging at st.joe state park and this ranger stopped me after a drag with 6 raptors and asked me how fast i was going and i said 70mph and he said no!!!!!

YOU WERE DOING 84 MPH...(20inch sand tires open exhaust crbm)

the quad is very quick but fast no,I never loose the start thanks to the efi and fast reflexs.

a 450r can take me every time at the end of the long drags.

R3Concepts
08-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
dont get all mad, but the ltr-450 numbers dont look right

Spot on with our dyno.

400exrider0004
08-27-2006, 07:47 PM
oh, well then I guess were good to go:D sorry about that, i just thought it was much lower on a stock ltr and then when letting it breathe better it got much more hp.

R3Concepts
08-27-2006, 07:58 PM
They are way corked up.

This is a CP 13.75:1 piston, Racers Edge of AZ porting, valve job, Dyna FI controller, intake and pipe. Less then a 1000 dollar build.

By the way this is my ole ladies duner.:D

armoks
08-27-2006, 10:08 PM
You need to have you're dyno checked, becasue in the real world the LTR450 will not reach anything close to 80 mph maybe close to 70-73 but 80 is a super high number. Wind resistance and drag will slow you down big time compared to a dyno. I can see 45-48 HP out of a piped no fitler quad because thats the norm but over 50 takes some major mods. I can see the trinity 493 hitting 83-85 mph but speed on a dyno and real world speed are drasticly different.

bwamos
08-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by armoks
You need to have you're dyno checked, becasue in the real world the LTR450 will not reach anything close to 80 mph maybe close to 70-73 but 80 is a super high number. Wind resistance and drag will slow you down big time compared to a dyno. I can see 45-48 HP out of a piped no fitler quad because thats the norm but over 50 takes some major mods. I can see the trinity 493 hitting 83-85 mph but speed on a dyno and real world speed are drasticly different.

Umm.. of course the numbers and speed were taken on a dyno. Wind resistance and terrain drag are not a factor.

But, I don't see why people have such a hart time beleiveing a 450 can hit 80mph.

My scrawny arse 32hp 330ex with full fenders and 22" tires will hit 73-74mph on hardpack (yes a "stock" 300ex goes 55 at the rev limit). Sand is a completely different story.. lol..

There's a ton of cars out there that have a much much lower power to weight ratio that will go 80mph.

KIA Rio for example. 110hp, 2583lbs (w/ 180lb driver)= 23.5 lbs per hp and a much larger cross section.

LT-R450 50hp, 548lbs (w/ 180lb rider) = 11.0 lbs per hp.

Over twice the power to weight ratio of the car, and a smaller cross section for wind resitance. Now why exactly couldn't it go 80mph?

ST87
08-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Its not that it wont go 80 with different gearing i have full faith that you could get it over 80 but stock gearing is not but prob 70

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
wow thats amazing...I had no idea I was hitting 80 MPH on the straight away section of a local mx track....

Baracudaaa
08-28-2006, 05:56 PM
None of those speed numbers are real with stock gearing. 2 different Garamin GPS units have told me 69-70 MPH is what you get in 5th gear bumping the limiter @ El Mirage dry lakebed with no head wind. Will go higher than that, but it will take different gears.

hard one
08-28-2006, 07:41 PM
bwamos is the only other person thats gets it, i too had a 300ex with 20hp with 22 inch tires and very high gearing that could do 75mph.
a honda 450r has about the same horse as a lt-r and can do much faster.

THE ONLY RACE TRACK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HIT 80MPH IS THE GLEN HELEN TRACK AND YOU PROBALLY COULDNT HANDLE THE TRACK.

I DRAG MY LT-R WIN I AM NOT ON THE TRACK.

the dyno spects were from atv sport and from trinity ,alba and my own testing in the sand.
Now dont get me wrong i dont think i have the fastest quad i get smoked toped out against my little brother on his 125 becuase his does 87 mph or by some 10 year old on a tricked out cr 80!
If a toyaota yaris can do 80 mph i know my quad can do it and get there alot faster.
Just cause the mags tell you this quad can only do this speed dosent mean you cant, dirt wheels said that a ds 650 could only do 55 mph and a 300ex could do 40mph tops.
They just dont want to have the 250r law suits all over again, it is just a way to cover their butts from law suits.

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Who are you to say someone can or can not handle an MX track? The day I get clocked at 70mph on an mx track is the day I beleive I can do 70mph. The straight away at the local MX track...I get into 5th, I am not popping off of the rev limiter, but you can feel the power drop off.

Your perfect world on paper is NOT what the daily rider/racer will feel as seat of the pants power.

hard one
08-28-2006, 07:54 PM
you might want to give it more gas then!

what kind of track is it, like race way 47 or the pewwee track?

I f i put it in 5th then slowed down to 1o mph in that same gear it might do that. try to keep up the rpms then you might come close to the guy in last!
all dnf's right?:D

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 07:57 PM
you know...the drop off of the power curve when its time to shift up...well in fifth gear you cant shift up so when the power drops off..you are pretty much at your top speed.

hard one
08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
If you use your power band correctly all the way up to that speed you will have more speed to work with and if you had a efi upgrade a many modds like mine your bike would rev as high and as fast as mine.

They shouldnt let every idiot buy race quads they wont know what do with it just like they dont know what to do with the opposite sex!
not aimed at any person on this site!;)

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Ok...your not even worth my time. Have fun living in your perfect world that is graphed on paper...alright Peter Pan?

hard one
08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
the is the kind on d- bag that give up at every thing just like when he races.

He is the lapper that gets people hurt in our sport!

The only time i fly is of a jump on my quad and green isnt my color it is more orange or black!:D

remeber jones

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 08:25 PM
damn right i am...how did you know?

hard one
08-28-2006, 08:27 PM
the mario humping a princes thats what!

Get a yamaha like all the other losers

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
you are almost encouraging me to get one...

keep going!

hard one
08-28-2006, 08:34 PM
what race class you in?

Cause i havent lapped any one in a long time.

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 08:35 PM
D-class...I dont think every track has one of them, but it is the step down below C-class...

firefighterjosh
08-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
you are almost encouraging me to get one...

keep going!

Man, you are always starting something. Big Bad Forum Bully.

hard one
08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I looked at that class ,alot of boys and girls.

try racing with the big boys in a class

hard one
08-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I tried posting some info to answer all of the how fast and hp questions.

If you just wanna start stuff go to your local bar and pick a fight with a biker he wont hurt you as bad:devil:

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 08:42 PM
ok this is just getting ridiculous...Do you feel good about yourself after all of these posts? I bet you gave yourself a big confidence boost just now...and probably on your way to the full body mirror in your bedroom later tonite and repeat "i am the ****" 10 times, then go to bed a with a smile on your face.

was i close?

and all i did was post my opinion against it..and look what it tuned into.

firefighterjosh
08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Nacs,

I am not going to fight with you but everytime I see your name your in a argument with somone. LMAO:p

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 08:49 PM
whos argueing?

Baracudaaa
08-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Even after all that *****ing, there is still no way the LTR can hit 80 with stock gearing and stock tire size, you can wipe your arse with your dyno report, thats about what its good for. Somehow idiots believe that more HP means higher TOP speed. All you get with more HP is quicker acceleration times, not TOP speed. Hahahahaa, ya big retard.

firefighterjosh
08-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Horse Power isn't anything without good tourque to back it up

ST87
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Ok are you trying to say that a completely stock straigt off the showroom floor ltr is doin 80 or does this "stock" bike have a different gearing set up and tires. You have at least 5 LTR owners me being one of them saying this thing does no more than 70-72 maybe. look at the other 20 posts on this subject. and if your "stock" bike has differnt gearing you might wanna mention it cuz i do beleive that with taller gearing the ltr will reach 80 if you have room to run.

Warnerade
08-29-2006, 11:53 AM
if it was geared differently..I couldnt agree more that the LT-R would hit 80+

bwamos
08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Just to be clear I was responding to..

I was simply stating that based on the power to weight ratio and the wind cross section that the LT-R450 should have no issue hitting 80mph with a stock uncorked motor.

Obviously, rev limit and gearing ARE the limiting factor here. I'd assume the Dyno tires were standard 20" dyno tires.

dyno 20" * 3.14 = 62.8" circumference.
stock 18" * 3.14 = 56.5" circumference.

Ratio: 1.11:1 80mph w/ 20" dyno = 72mph w/ 18" stock

My argument is simply that HP is not the issue with hitting 80mph. I'd wager with the right gearing I could hit 80mph on my 330ex.

hard one
08-29-2006, 05:29 PM
The CRBM lets it rev higher and adjusts the top speed.

Any thing less than $40 in modds is still stock to me!

With the stock tires it was very hard just to hit 80 mph.
i didnt beleive it so i went out and tested it with just a crbm and i hit 80 mph some wind across.

Now with my "20 sand tires with with tall paddles it went plenty over 80 mph no problem.

I was running right next to a cr 500 in a drag till i topped out and he kept pulling away.
I think i might buy a cr 500!

ST87
08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Im pissed now. Im gonna have to write a letter to suzuki asking why my ltr dosent do 80 like other peoples does i got ripped i payed full price for sumthin that does 10 mph less than other peoples. Oh well i dont think ive ever hit 70 on a track anyways.

jstunkel
08-29-2006, 08:11 PM
i dont doubt at all that an ltr with few mods and 20" tires can hit 80 mph, if you dont belive me i can show you my times slips i got from drag racing it at chandler motorsports park, an 1/8 mile track...mine has a cherry bomb, is uncorked, airbox lid off, had 18" mickey thompson jr slicks off my old jr dragster, and i run a 50/50 mix of 110 octane w/ 93 octane...bouncing off the rev limiter right at the finish line it would constantly hit 74-76 mph, call me a liar if you want i really dont care i know it can do it i just dont see why thats so hard to believe, its not like it matters though on an mx track where im usually riding

bwamos
08-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by jstunkel
i dont doubt at all that an ltr with few mods and 20" tires can hit 80 mph, if you dont belive me i can show you my times slips i got from drag racing it at chandler motorsports park, an 1/8 mile track...mine has a cherry bomb, is uncorked, airbox lid off, had 18" mickey thompson jr slicks off my old jr dragster, and i run a 50/50 mix of 110 octane w/ 93 octane...bouncing off the rev limiter right at the finish line it would constantly hit 74-76 mph, call me a liar if you want i really dont care i know it can do it i just dont see why thats so hard to believe, its not like it matters though on an mx track where im usually riding

We're all arguing the same argument against each other.. lol

Stock tires and stock geraing will get you in the 70's.
20"-22" tires.. and/or taller gearing will get you in the 80's.

There's more than enough HP to hit 80+.

The rev limit and gearing is the limiting factor.

Definition of stock here is whats in question.

Does simple gearing and tires make it not a stock quad? It's good enough for the stock class. ;)

On the LTR.. I consider.. tires, gearing, CherryBomb, uncorked, no-lid to equal stock.

Otherwise.. I'll say bonestock.. or showroom floor stock. Which is a very corked up quad.. lol.

Baracudaaa
08-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Hahaha!! Ok, let me get this straight. You are claiming that with only a C/B and 20" paddles, you were able to run EVEN with a CR500???? It is either the fastest LTR ever made by Suzuki, or the chump on the CR500 has his head up his butt. Let me be sure now, you are talking about a CR500, a 2 stroke, 500cc dirt bike?? Something has to be wrong. Could you possibly post a video or a picture of your bike in action, I find this really hard to believe.

Oh yeah, JSTUNKEL, hitting 74 is plausable, since you have a C/B and are getting 1000 more RPM off the top, and you are on pavement. When I say STOCK, you have now modified your LTR with a C/B and it is no longer purely stock.

ST87
08-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
We're all arguing the same argument against each other.. lol

Stock tires and stock geraing will get you in the 70's.
20"-22" tires.. and/or taller gearing will get you in the 80's.

There's more than enough HP to hit 80+.

The rev limit and gearing is the limiting factor.

Definition of stock here is whats in question.

Does simple gearing and tires make it not a stock quad? It's good enough for the stock class. ;)

On the LTR.. I consider.. tires, gearing, CherryBomb, uncorked, no-lid to equal stock.

Otherwise.. I'll say bonestock.. or showroom floor stock. Which is a very corked up quad.. lol.

Thank you

Quadprorider
08-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by jstunkel

Not to be a dick or anything but there is no need to run half 93 and half 110.....Running just 93 suits your combo perfect.

But put a 14 to 1 piston in it like I have then run just the straight 110....With high compressions motors, be sure not to mix 110 with 93 because it contains ALOT of alcohol.

Sorry, to get off topic just figured I would share my opinion, Nick.

Warnerade
08-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
Not to be a dick or anything but there is no need to run half 93 and half 110.....Running just 93 suits your combo perfect.

But put a 14 to 1 piston in it like I have then run just the straight 110....With high compressions motors, be sure not to mix 110 with 93 because it contains ALOT of alcohol.

Sorry, to get off topic just figured I would share my opinion, Nick. Last time i shared my opinion with you, you were a damn baby about it.

IF the guy wants to run 50/50 mix of race and pump gas..let him...its not hurting his engine.

hard one
08-30-2006, 05:22 PM
the only reason i ran right with him(cr 500) is because i had sand tires and he didnt but once i got topped out then he went by.
we dragged 4 times, 1st time he beat me second and 3rd time we tied then he said on the fourth time he is going to do a 3rd gear start in the deep sand and man did he blow me away.

Quadprorider
08-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Last time i shared my opinion with you, you were a damn baby about it.

IF the guy wants to run 50/50 mix of race and pump gas..let him...its not hurting his engine.

The opinion you shared with me was worthless....

Atleast I am giving him some info that is useable instead of saying that a stock part is better then an aftermarket one...Which is the reason that there are aftermarket ones are manufactured, because the stock ones need improvement!

So in the mean time, if you think of any other retarded comments, DONT let me know................

Warnerade
08-30-2006, 06:21 PM
you are just a fool...I never said the stock shock was better...simply made the statement that the stock shock revalved by certain people will out perform any aftermarket. YOu go ahead and beleive your magezine articles, Ill beleive a pro rider...

your fighting and endless battle son

btw..there was nothing more imformative in your post than my post. I stated a fact, take it how you want it, you stated a fact, he can take it how he wants it.

hard one
08-30-2006, 06:44 PM
nacs what you talken about a stock shock revalved is not better than a after market shock, dosent matter who did it.
If it was they wouldnt make aftermarket shocks

balckwidow shocks are way better and six sense is too.
what pro told you this?

this forum is about hp and speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are dissing nacs racing with your name

Warnerade
08-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Harold Goodman.

I am done discussing this topic and the hp one. I feel like I am talking to myself.

btw..this forum isnt about hp and speed. This thread, is about hp and speed.

hard one
08-30-2006, 06:53 PM
first this guy says 80 is impossible then he says a stock shock(revaled is better than after market) after market shocks have bigger shafts better checjk vales stay cooler and are tripple rate on the race ones,also offer alot more travel.

This guy is as feeble as mike laird on a hand rail!!!!!!!(famous bmx rider)

Next he will say a back flip is impossible:D

Warnerade
08-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by hard one
first this guy says 80 is impossible then he says a stock shock(revaled is better than after market) after market shocks have bigger shafts better checjk vales stay cooler and are tripple rate on the race ones,also offer alot more travel.

This guy is as feeble as mike laird on a hand rail!!!!!!!(famous bmx rider)

Next he will say a back flip is impossible:D keep twisting my words around...it doesnt make any different to me. You have proven your intelligence many times in this thread.

hard one
08-30-2006, 07:12 PM
you said on this page that stock shocks can be better than aftermarket,
you must have been hit in the head alot or you just have short term memory loss!!!!!!

thanks for correcting me this thread!!!!

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
A fully stock LTR will not go 80 MPH (FULLY STOCK) Cherry Bomb and 20inc tires you can maybe hit 80.

I can make my 1972 80cc dirtbike hit 80 with correct gearing lol.

Warnerade
08-30-2006, 07:14 PM
you said on this page that stock shocks can be better than aftermarket,
you must have been hit in the head alot or you just have short term memory loss!!!!!!

thanks for correcting me this thread!!!! I was talking about the top speed of an lt-r. I said a stock, machine could not hit it. Never said an lt-r plain and simple could not hit 80.

Seriously, just drop it...this could go on for years.

hard one
08-30-2006, 07:21 PM
this guy thinks he is the stuff.

You can make anything do 80 mph its not that fast.

a 250r can even do it.
a stock banshee no way to slow.
quad zilla with changed gears yes!

were are you guys getting your speeds or are you just guessing

Do i have to get another ticket to prov that it does 80mph!
I will get it on film in my movie that i am creating called hard ones no its not what you think!

mx vs atv style=huevos vs crustys demons

hard one
08-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I for got to post one thing the gas i am using is 112 octane with a hint of jet fuel!

Warnerade
08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Its not that i think I am the stuff...I just have common sence. Get me a certificate of calibration on the dyno, or however you plan to show these results. Then Show it in the video, get the footage of you hitting 80 on a BONE STOCK lt-r, and at the end say "i told you so, nacs".

I will beleive you then..until then..please drop it it. It is getting no one anywhere.

hard one
08-30-2006, 07:26 PM
deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay..........................

till then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Race fuel won't do anything for a stock engine. Yes a banshee with correct gearing can do 80mph.

I belive a LTR can do 80MPH with a Cherry Bomb and Diff Gearing

440bigborekit
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
i know you all hate him but nacs is right there is no wayyyyyyy a STOCK ltr-450 with STOCK gearing and STOCK tires is going to hit the 80 mark no wayy even if it has the cbm and air box lid off and uncorked its not going to do it srry you can all sit here and aruge but its NOT going to happen with a stock ltr w/ stock gearing and 18 in tires I AM NOT SAYING THEY CANT HIT 80 BECUASE THEY DEFF. CAN BUT ARE NOT GOING TO WITH STOCK GEARING OR TIRES NO ARGUEMENT ABOUT IT.

hard one
08-30-2006, 07:28 PM
does anybody have one they can let me borrow it will sock putting it back to stock

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 07:31 PM
My friend had a stock LTR with CB and uncorked and It will hit will prally hit 80MPH. If not it is really close.

This is gonna get good.

I hope you can get that Vid I would really like to see it

hard one
08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I have benn defying things on quads for a while
I told people that i was giong to take a 1987 Suzuki lt-125(has no shocks)and hit a 5ft table top get at least five more feet and land flat, they all said it would break it didnt to my suprise it just hurt like heel, i swallowed my balls.
then i said i have a 2002 300ex with no engine modds and can make it do 75mph on a sand drag strip, it did and i even beat a 440ex topped out but not off the line.

The quad had very high gearing and 22 inch tires fenders cut off for minnimal wind resistance wider front for stability white bros open header 180 main jet no air box.
i sold it after i bought the 450r some guy in ill bought it for $1,500 nice quad but weak.

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 07:48 PM
I never owned a ltr450 but I rode one and i think they have the potential.. I can't wait to see it Keep us informed.

Warnerade
08-30-2006, 07:49 PM
congratulations?

Baracudaaa
08-31-2006, 07:52 AM
This is the biggest list of plain retarded and outright misinformed bunch of 15 year old hill billies I have ever ran across.

ST87
08-31-2006, 09:58 AM
I would like to know how old yall are.

bwamos
08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
My age is in my profile. (31).

ST87
08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Not you. The two in the pissin match. Your little equation several posts back kinda let me know you know what your talkin about and if that was all bs i still you give you an A for effort.:macho

Quadprorider
08-31-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm still young at 19 but still know some things lol.......

ST87
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
19 is prob old to them judgin by the way there acting oh and still wasnt talkin about you though its hard one and nacs racer

Warnerade
08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ST87
19 is prob old to them judgin by the way there acting oh and still wasnt talkin about you though its hard one and nacs racer Your wondering my age? I am 18 and so is hard one. I dont see how me and hard one are acting the same...I could have easily responded the same way he was and replied with immature comments...

Ive tried to simply end it...kind of hard to when people kept bringing it up

ST87
08-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Your wondering my age? I am 18 and so is hard one. I dont see how me and hard one are acting the same...I could have easily responded the same way he was and replied with immature comments...

Ive tried to simply end it...kind of hard to when people kept bringing it up

Well i mean your fightin a never ending battle anybody that knows anything about the ltr knows that a ltr strait from the dealer, 100% stock will not run 80 mph so why not just let it go and let him make a fool out of himself. no skin off your back right.

Warnerade
08-31-2006, 07:31 PM
I've been trying to say that this entire thread.

The way i see it...I was just passing the time. I was bored out of my mind yesterday..and i figured if the kid wanted to keep going, why not let him keep going and just let himself dig an even deeper hole? I dont have much of a life...working full time and going to college, so i just like to relax at home when I can and pass the time when im not out riding. I got a laugh out of this whole thread, as I do with a lot of threads I post in...

benz400
08-31-2006, 08:59 PM
good for you!:rolleyes:

Warnerade
09-01-2006, 03:56 AM
just proves my theory that canadians are eh' holes.

firefighterjosh
09-01-2006, 06:52 AM
just proves my theory that canadians are eh' holes.

OMG dude, I am reading 3 threads that have you arguing with diffrent ppl.

Just lay off dude

AL Elks
09-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again.

A stock LTR or even an LTR with YOSHI and PIM will NOT do 85mph on a 1/4 mile asphalt dragstrip. (mine has the Yoshi and the PIM and it has been tuned to 13:1 AF ratio for best performance at WOT.

How do I know it won't hit 85? Well because I have a LTZ400 that will top out at 85mph and it will ABSOLUTELY walk away from my LTR due to it's mods with no questions asked. When I put 20" tires on the LTR the Z walks by it even faster.

Take it out on 1/4 mile asphalt dragstrip and put a GPS on it and then tell me what your top speed is.

A Dyno is great for tuning but does not offer a realistic indication of top speed that can be achieved with all the other variables thrown in.

benz400
09-01-2006, 01:34 PM
who the **** cares about top speed.
a z will top out at the same speed as my lt-r
but the time i will get to my top speed the z will be in 3rd gear lol
and nacs, just stfu please

Warnerade
09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by benz400
who the **** cares about top speed.
a z will top out at the same speed as my lt-r
but the time i will get to my top speed the z will be in 3rd gear lol
and nacs, just stfu please your cute;)

hard one
09-01-2006, 06:49 PM
I think nacs is right this kid is cute!
thats so funny
what kind of z-400 is it

I havent been beatin buy a z 400 yet.

The one i rode only did 70 mph and i could pass it on my weak 300ex

KandK lt-r 450

AL Elks
09-01-2006, 07:43 PM
I think nacs is right this kid is cute!
thats so funny
what kind of z-400 is it

I havent been beatin buy a z 400 yet.

The one i rode only did 70 mph and i could pass it on my weak 300ex

KandK lt-r 450

You need to come down to my neck of the woods then.

hard one
09-01-2006, 07:52 PM
thanks but no.

I can find plenty of modded z-400 here to beat:D

AL Elks
09-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Sure you can! http://www.postnetlnc.com/emoticons/General/Emotions/36_11_6.gif

You see, you can't blow smoke up my butt because I own both and I know what they are capable of.

Now don't get me wrong once I build the LTR it will SMOKE the LTZ but with the LTRs current mods (Fully Yoshi, PIM tuned for WOT, Trinity Intake with modded airbox) the Z will absolutely smoke it with it's mods.

Nice Try

Heck we've got a 400EX down here that will even smoke my Z. Now that sucker is fast.

hard one
09-01-2006, 08:08 PM
yes that is true a modded lt-r will smoke a z-440 or 450 no problem but my lt-r aint stock and a z-400 dosent touch it.
the z is decent dont get me wrong it beats those raptors that every one has(the raptors are every where, they must mutiply like rabits)

I have seen a z-450 smoke a stock lt-r because the z 450 is a highly tuned motor, after market the engine engines will out perform stock ones.

I had a 300ex that smoked stock z-400 and after market 400exs,
but once you put stuff into the z-400 i couldnt touch it.

I know i dont have the fast quad but i do pretty good with it!

hard one
09-01-2006, 08:16 PM
man i totally missed that last page who is the canadian and is he the one asking my age. iam 19 years old

what does that have to do with anything

Whats it a-boot, its a-boot pride:D

canadians do suck with there great drug plan and army the size of there balls there not even a real country any -way!

benz400
09-01-2006, 09:31 PM
wtf? i own both z400 and lt-r and the z with stoc gearing and 20 inch tire vs stock gearing lt-r and 18 inch tire with no cherry bomb, i would say that the lt-r got maybe 2-3 more mph on the top...
i got both

benz400
09-01-2006, 09:33 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/benltr/Picture004.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/benltr/Picture005-1.jpg

AL Elks
09-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by benz400
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/benltr/Picture004.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/benltr/Picture005-1.jpg

If your Z is stock the LTR will walk all over it for sure. Mine definately isn't stock though. (see signature).

I definately like the rings on the rear of your LTR. :D

firefighterjosh
09-06-2006, 02:02 AM
I raced my GFs Full Yosh KFX 400 against my buds LTR 450 which is all stock and we were neck and neck.

benz400
09-06-2006, 09:20 PM
if its still a 400cc forget it... the z400 is like 7 quad lenght behind.

450rJam
09-26-2006, 06:59 PM
I made it.......to the end so far and I might at it ended diff than I thought it would.
no one even brought up the fact that the sand creates one hell of a drag on the quad and with paddles it will take off faster but how many of you have run dirt tires across the dunes for speed ?
it would take alot of mods to get a ltr (or any of the other 450's)
up to 80.

NDpredator
09-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I've always laughed at this thread and found it completely pointless, but now here I am chiming in. I recently ran my lt-r down a dirt road with GPS and my MX setup w/ 18" kenda klaws and hit 73.2 mph. I'm sure I could've gotten another 1 or 2 mph out of it, but that was it. My LT-R only has the stock pipe, CB and modded airbox w/ stock filter and STOCK gearing.

derrick #22

R450HQ
09-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Look guys, the reason the MPH is higher than you expect, is because there is no wind resistance, plus weight isnt as big of a factor on the dyno.

NDpredator
09-27-2006, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by R450HQ
Look guys, the reason the MPH is higher than you expect, is because there is no wind resistance, plus weight isnt as big of a factor on the dyno.

I know exactly why the mph on the dyno is higher, but I think most of these other people are ignorant to the fact.......

450rJam
09-27-2006, 05:08 PM
I was talking about the guy bragging about 85 or so clocked by the ranger in a sand drag.
with the wind,sand,paddles etc. that thing must do like 150mph on the dyno.
or the rangers radar gun is off.

hard one
09-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I dont think a radar gun can be off!

It sends signals that bounce off an objec and go back to the gun.

the sand isnt that deep.
sand tires do slow you down on top speed
I cant test that out anymore because my engine is no longer stock and the gearing isnt stock!

Yes it is faster,and no you cant ride it!

If any off you z-400 guys want to drag you want be able to touch this lt-r 450
Even the z-440 and 450 kits cant touch this. I have gained 15 hp with this engine kit and exhaust.

Its good to bee fast!

If i hear one more idiot at saint joe say that snow tires are faster in the sand after i beat them by 20ft i might kill them!

AL Elks
09-30-2006, 07:23 PM
A radar gun can definately be off. They have to calibrate them every so often for this reason.

I did some more tuning on my LTR over the last week and now it is faster than my LTZ 450 in a drag. Not so sure about top speed though. I haven't had a chance to get them side by side on a long straight stretch of road.

I have also put on 20" tires and re-geared. What made the biggest difference was changing the AFR though. I"m up to about 13.2 or 13.3 right now at WOT. I'm going to take it up to 13.5 and see what happens once I get the intake I'm waiting on. I already have the Trinity intake with a modded airbox but there's a better intake/airbox eliminator coming out in about 3 weeks that I have pre-ordered.

hard one
09-30-2006, 07:30 PM
sounds good, i guess if you say so it could be off

Its awsome for only putting $6oo bucks into it.

Its nice not having one 400 even coming close isnt it.

I am taking complete drag bikes with this kit no problem, man i love this quad!

AL Elks
09-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I really thought I would have to at least put in cams for the LTR to match up to my LTZ450 as it has tons of mods. I was surprised last weekend when it was actually faster. Can't wait to see what this puppy will do with cams and the newer intake. My LTZ is high comp but I'm keeping the LTR low enough to use pump gas.

rummerd
10-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Just because there are aftermarket parts out there, they are not automatically better. What kind of logic is that? A lot of times, there are aftermarket parts out there just to get fools to spend their money. It is like saying, "it must be true, I saw it on TV". As far as a stock shock being better than an aftermarket shock? Absolutely true! How many people buy used shocks? Were those shocks set up exactly for them? Nope. BUT, send your stockers to GT, DeRisi, C&D, etc and you have a set of shocks built exactly for you. How many people think that 140 lb kid is going to get on a quad built for a 220 lb guy and have that quad handle great. Probably will notice an improvement over stock, but try out any shock that is built for your exact weight, and type of riding and you will be impressed. Or you can continue to believe every magazine ad and artical you read.

rummerd
10-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh one other thing. Dont quote me on this, but I am pretty sure that jet fuel..... is not like AV gas. Its more like diesel fuel. And you can argue AV gas all day long, but the bottom line on it is that it is formulated to run in airplanes at high altitude. If your machine has high enough compression, just use race fuel. I can't see a benefit from running race gas with a hint of jet fuel. Maybe there is an article in Dirt Wheels about it that you read?

hard one
10-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Its just used to create a big bang(like putting alcohol in)
I dont read dirt wheels.

The compression i am running is very close to diesel compression
Diesel 15-17

Mine 14to1
Now i am running just 110 octane because it is cheaper than buying it from the local air port.

What do you ride anyway?

rummerd
10-01-2006, 10:48 AM
OK, that's what I thought. You have no clue as to what you are talking about. As far as what I ride? I can't see how that possible matters, but if it makes you feel better, I currently have two 04 Summit X's, one with an RKT 827 kit on it among other things. The only quad I currently own is an 01 426 EX, Elka/Roll. I have owned several different dirt bikes, an 88 long travel 310 R and an 86 250R built for desert racing, and I just parted out my MX 440EX, Duncan motor, Axis and Elka LT. I am currently waiting on my 07 LT-R to come in. So, little one, does that help you out?

hard one
10-01-2006, 12:15 PM
NO I DO KNOW WHAT I AM DOING I WENT TO COLLEGE FOR THIS AND PASSED WITH ALL A'S.

I HAVE BUILT MANY CAR ENGINE INCLUDING MY 1981 TRANS AM SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT STYLE AND A FORD BRONCO 351 WITH A 400 CRANK.

NOT TO MENTION MANY SMALL ENGINES.

I KNOW ALL ABOUT ENGINES AND HOW TO GET THEM RUNNING PEAK PERFORMANCE AND I KNOW EVERY CHEMICAL IN MOST EVERY TYPE OF FUEL(WAS REQUIRED TO KNOW IN MY CLASS).
sO YES I DO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Where did you get your degree at to say i am wrong?
This is my last reply on this thread!

rummerd
10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Step away from the caps lock. Good luck with your diesel LT-R. Not sure I would trust any degree producing program that has a Grad thinking that Alcohol, diesel and gasoline are pretty much the same thing. If your such a whiz, how come you can't seem to "figure out" how to post pictures? Isn't that like the easiest thing in the world? I know what your screen name means, Hard One to believe.

hard one
10-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I never said they were the same thing i said "14to1 compression is close to the compression of a diesel starting at 15!"

The reason i cant post pics is cause my camera is new and My computer dosent have the same program and cant detect it.

The easist thing in the world for me is to hurt people!:devil:

Diesel arent the same as gas they are a pain to work with but can creat tons of power and torq.

rummerd
10-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Well, hard one to believe, just keep talking, you are looking more and more ignorant all the time. Once again ladies and gentlemen, we have another internet tough guy. Some people's kids.

450rJam
10-01-2006, 03:21 PM
wow..........hurt people ?
now we are losing our cool

oh smokey and bandit wasnt an 81 TA

I though you where not going to reply to this post ?
take a deep breath..........its all about a good time.

hard one
10-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes you are right but it was the last muscle car design with the shaker hood ,spolier,and t-tops with the big bird on the hood.
Also the first year with admissions took me a good day or two to take them off and replace them with aftermarket parts and a turbo.301 with a turbo and a 400 hydromatic trans(the canadian rocket)
GM ran out of 5.7 and 6.6 so they bought a whole bunch of canadian motors.
After all the modds the car did 160mph then i blew the speedometer.

Man i miss that car i sold it not to long ago to a muscle car collecter.

Dont tell me you are one of those fast and the slow guys witha 4 cylinder Who thinks they are faster than v-8.

rummerd
10-01-2006, 04:34 PM
I am just speechless with the amount of BS you have at your disposal? Did you run "just a hint of jet fuel" in your imaginary car?

hard one
10-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Hell no it was only 9to1 that would of messed it up.
I ran 91 octane in it there was no use for high octane and it isnt Bs.
HAHAHAhahaHaHhahahaha!
your funny!:D :D :D

hard one
10-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Dont you talk bad about my car it took me years to restore it and alot of harrasment from the cops and thousands of dollars to get it street legal.
Do you know what six years of just sitting there can do to a car!

My lt-r is my new baby and i hop to make it just as awsome as my trans am!

I was joking about just a hint(cooking term) i added just a little to every galon, and thats why i always shake the can be for i put it my atv.

You dont have many friends do your becuase you cant trust at all, where you sexually abused as a child and thats why you think every one is bsing you.

I am sorry your dad shouldnt of touched you that way it was wrong!:D

Just joking!

rummerd
10-01-2006, 06:01 PM
wow. Joe Dirt is alive and well.

hard one
10-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Who's joe dirt? i am guessing that he is a hill billy haha funny because i live in missouri.
your real fuuny

Trust me i am not a hill billy!
I grew up in st.louis.

Warnerade
10-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Who's joe dirt? i am guessing that he is a hill billy haha funny because i live in missouri.
your real fuuny

Trust me i am not a hill billy!
I grew up in st.louis. I thought you were done with this thread?

hard one
10-01-2006, 06:30 PM
yeah well i heard two hicks on atvs were f@#$ing goats and i figured it was you nacs and rummerd.

Have fun!

Warnerade
10-01-2006, 06:31 PM
good one:ermm:

shouldnt you be off hurting people? After all..it is the easiest thing for you to do.

hard one
10-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I bet it is easy for you to f a goat isnt it!:D

I guess hairy wemon arent enough huh!

Some one should call apa on you guys.

This is my final message have fun you two(well dont have too much fun)!

The farm animal boys!

Warnerade
10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
coming from the guy who mixes jet fuel with race gas:ermm:

You really need to work on your insults buddy...

"OHH OHH YOU GUYS **** GOATS"...you remind me of the old foreign guy on "40 year old virgin"

QuadJunkies
10-01-2006, 07:51 PM
This is my last reply on this thread!

Oh really... :confused:

Simma down, or Ill close it down. this is directed at the topic as a whole and everyone in it .
Has this become a "I know more than you thread?":rolleyes:

hicktown 357
10-02-2006, 12:40 PM
hell yes it will run 85 or more mybrother in laws cousinis a state trooper an heclocked me withhe's radar3 or 4 time runnin 85+ i dont see whats every bodys problem is sayinthatthe ltr wont run85 + all450s r goin to run85 +

450rJam
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
ummmmmmmmmm...........no
not with stock gearing and tire size

hard one
10-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I am sorry you guys diagree but the hp is true i got it off of two sites yoshi's and trinity on horse power.

The speed is from me getting a ticket and racing a on/offroad motorcycle with speedo.(what is the chance that both where off the exact same.)

If you dont think that that is wright that is your option its a free country.

You dont need to wave around your power if you think someone is wrong.

ITS CALLED FREE SPEECH!

Warnerade
10-02-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought you were done with this thread?

by the way, it spelled write:)

250r4life
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
by the way, it spelled write:)

ha ha ha... too funny...

450rJam
10-03-2006, 05:03 PM
not questioning hp....................
just the speed................
I know, why dont you post a pic of the ticket ?
im sure its lost, or the court has it or..........
its ok I have heard some people exagerate.

hard one
10-03-2006, 05:16 PM
actualy i have it in front of me i just need to get an adapter for my scanner.

Thanks fially some one that knows the hp is right thats all i wanted to get across!

The speed was just given to me with the horse some on dyno others in the field.

I have driven threw kansas boring but looks like a good place to ride with all the rollin hills.

450rJam
10-03-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah kansas is a little flat..............
I can watch my dog run away for a week !!!
there are a few good spots to ride in eastern kansas and western missouri. Most are adjacent to lakes and rivers.
Im about 25 min south of kansas city

hard one
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
thats good, my sister used to live in kansas.

If my dog ran for 10 ft i would loose her in some trees.

I remember driving and thinking that looks like a 100ft table top I wish i had my atv with me every time i drove thru.

keep on rollin!

rummerd
10-04-2006, 08:53 AM
I like it when people measure HP at the manufacturer's brochure, its soo accurate.

ejh2011
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
so a stock ltr would go as fast as my ltz400 with a pipe and filter

Speed_MDS2
11-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Mine's been clocked at 82 mph. Its 1 tooth down on the front with 20" rears, Yosh PIM, Fuel intake and Dasa pipe.

richwynn1
11-04-2007, 01:37 AM
yeah those numbers are nutz... i rode my 2006 ltr 450 stock down the road next to my buddy on his R6 and gave him a thumbs up when i was topped out and 74 is all she had stock. agree with me or not 80mph its freakin quick on a quad

ida400ex
11-11-2007, 08:07 PM
after i read this i just had to do my own test. i took my garmin gps and made 6 half mile runes and it said my top speed was 72.4 mph. i have stock tires and gearing, cherry bomb and no baffle.

Drewltr450
11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
bone stock ltr except for nerfs and a grab bar nothing perfomance on road next to 450r with speed omiter 67mph i put my hmf slip on with no spark areston on and got myself a cherry bomb and removed my air box did the test again 74mph

LTandRaptorider
11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Drewltr450
bone stock ltr except for nerfs and a grab bar nothing perfomance on road next to 450r with speed omiter 67mph i put my hmf slip on with no spark areston on and got myself a cherry bomb and removed my air box did the test again 74mph

67-70mph is the true top speed of an LTR with stock gearing. The mods you made would only get you to the top speed quicker, but not add any speed. You can only do that by going with larger rear tires, or changing your sprockets. Either one will change your gear ratio, which is necessary for affecting top speed. :cool:

armoks
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
The cherry bomb raises you're Rev limit so it will help you get a higher top speed.

BTW I live close to Adrews Air Force base and one of the pilots said he seen me riding and I was going soo fast when he flew past me I was just a blurr!!!!.....Wait maybe he said he was going soo fast..

kennerz
11-13-2007, 03:35 AM
I believe the 80 with a few mods,

I have a HR1 slip on,PCIII, and open air box running a 13Tcounter and a 38T rear on 20"s probably runs real close to 80mph.

And I totally believe the 73~74 with the CB, and open exhaust.

But off the showroom with 18"s maybe 68 or less.

and 20"s on stock gearing is hard to believe, as for me it would not pull 5th very hard, it seems much faster on top with the 13T, and 20" tires than with the stock 14T.

Some people just need to realize they are not the fastest bikes of all time. I guess if your comming from the 300ex/400ex world they are.

And to the dummy that said with the power to wieght ratio, LTR are/should be way faster. and that a 400ex is so fast.

you can have all the HP in the world it's called internal gear ratio, That has alot to do with overall speed - every bike is different. The LTR is a motocross bike, geared for acceleration, not top speed.

on a speed vs gear vs tire size vs rmp calculator it said my bike should do about 78. I think it is right on for my mods and gears. and I do believe the person who posted 82mph on 20's with a DASA , intake , and programer, and a 13T counter.

and for the record the fastest showroom bike was the LT500 at a verified 79mph bone stock. true. I have a Dr. Q LT500 that will do well over 90mph, and I'll tell you the LTR is not in the same league HP wise - not even compareable. too make a point - all bikes aren't the same, HP or not.

There was way too much BS in this thread, some of the guys here are totally out of touch (HRD-1)- with everything