PDA

View Full Version : ne info on n.e p.a?

mole97
08-27-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey all you pennsylvania 'ns.... well I finally convinced the wife to get out of dodge(ny) and move to the much less crowded and MUCH cheaper cost of living in notheast pennsylvania. Now the only thing I know about P.A is from where I go riding.(rausch,breezewood)and the highways! I will be keeping my job in new york so I dont want to have to drive more than 2and1/2 hrs. each way. So basically I've been looking in the Lake Ariel,Lake wallenpaupack area. I'm looking for input as to how are those area's and where else is a good place to have a good living for me and especially my 2 little ones..plus P.A. has so many good riding spots as opposed to where I am now. where gonna take a ride this week to check out the areas i mentioned,but was just looking for some info if anyone cares to share it. Who knows,maybey we'll be neighbors:D thanx

smokeu400
08-27-2006, 07:09 PM
highways..........where did you hear that one....i love in ne pa.......there are good riding spots...but where i am ita a ride...about 2 hours to rausch

chevy
08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
i live about 30mins from Lake wallenpaupack and i love it here.

mole97
08-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by chevy
i live about 30mins from Lake wallenpaupack and i love it here. I'll be up that way probably on tuesday or wednesday.What town are you in? We' found a lot of places in lake ariel,bushkill,hawley?know anything about these area's?Do you know how long of a ride it would be to get to New York? Sorry for all the questions,but I'd rather get an honest answer from someone who knows,not a realtor who'll say anything to sell a house.Either way I'll be up that way sometime this week.Thanx for the input.

MR.BIG
08-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I live in the dingmans ferry/milford area. From here it would probably take about 2 hrs to the city. Not many good riding areas around here where you won't get harassed anyways. I head out towards the hazelton area to ride.

smokeu400
08-28-2006, 09:51 AM
i am in east stroudsburg/marshalls creek......what do you guys ride up here i have an 05 yfz..............do you guys ride in woods and trails by you or do you haul yourselfs to tracks? up where i am we ride woods and road

DeerNuts
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah we may very well be about neighbors if you live in Lake Ariel. Lots of good fishing, hunting, and riding.

Good to hear about your keeping your job in NY, because the economy around here is pretty ****ty. Everything revolves around construction, landscaping, garages.

I don't care what you hear about the Hideout (in Lake Ariel), do NOT move there! I beg you. Unless (and no offense) you don't mind living next to gangster Mexis and such and dealing with a lot of drugs. It's the only blight on good old Wayne County pretty much. Wayne co. is one of only 3 counties in the NE that is actually growing, but much of the growth is from people like you (live in NY and work there) and move here to get away from the ****. I don't blame you.

Our prices locally have been skyrocketing, at least compared to when we moved here 20 years ago. This is due to swelling population, but the economy is not expanding to meet it. Well, it is, but the only jobs to be had are pretty ****ty unless you have an established business.

Lot's of positives outweigh the negatives though. Crime has been going up, but it's still ridiculously low compared to a lot of other areas of the country. Cops have been cracking down on ******* quad riders on the roads, which is a good thing of course.

Stevie-D
08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
just what we need..another new yorker comin down and pissin all of us locals off!!

haha..just kidding man. :D

seriously though..i live right outside of lake ariel, bout 3 minute drive to the lake. weve got a small track and and quarry and woods to ride in, railroad tracks out the a-hole to ride on, etc... so ya, there are very good riding spots around here. but then again, most of them are private. and riding on them puts you at risk of being threatened by a property owner holding a shotgun. :p so unless you know somebody with access to the RR tracks, youre kind of screwed and will have to travel to do some riding.

the area around here is pretty laid back, everbody knows everybody. except for the hideout. imagine thousands of new yorkers and new jerseyites (or whatever you want to call em:devil: ) plopped down in the middle of the woods, sourounded by country folk. :D

as far as raising kids/having a family around here... like i mentioned, its a pretty laid back safe place to live. about the worst thing that might happen to you is some toilet paper in the trees at holloween or kids bored out of their minds driving around at night shooting at deer with paintball guns at 2 in the morning:devil:

chevy
08-28-2006, 08:17 PM
i live in Beach Lake Pa.which is right next to honesdale and hondesdale is right next to hawley. I think lake arial would be a beautiful place to live lots of country. Hawly watch out dont get me wrong it is a nice place but a lot of stuff goes down there that a lot of people dont know about. The new york border is about 5mins from my house in beach lake. from hawly or lake arieal prolly anywhere from like 20 to 35mins depending on which way you take.I dont know to much about bushkill. I kinda lied to u im living in williamsport during the week right now and i come up every weekend and its defintly worth the 2.5hour drive.

mole97
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the input guys...like I said we'll be heading up this week,so now I kinda no what to look for as far as lake areil and all...right now we're just going by areas we've seen on the computer so we'll get a better feel in person.and deernuts thanx for the info on " the hideout" cause i've seen that mentioned and now I know I won't be going anywhere near there....ALSO we've seen alot of "what seem nice on a computer", east stoudsburgh area? it seems pretty reasonably priced and looks like decent housing in a decent area? but,well just have to check it out....thanks again for the responces!