PDA

View Full Version : hrc kits

Grant Casey
08-27-2006, 12:09 AM
what size pistons come with the hrc kit for a 400ex. my mate wants to know.

cheers

CHEVYZ
08-27-2006, 05:47 AM
HRC kit for the 400EX? As far as I know, there is none. There is probably a kit for the XR400 dirtbike, but I could not tell you much about that at all. Don't know about pistons, though. I was under the impression that HRC kits did not come with pistons at all. Being that its from a dirtbike, I can't see how much of the parts would be compatable with the EX... I know the cam is a GREAT upgrade.

GPracer2500
08-27-2006, 11:15 AM
The XR400R and TRX400EX are almost identical engines. Most internal components are interchangable.

HRC kit for the XR400R:

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcdirt/mcphotos/xrpower.jpg

The piston is stock bore size, just higher compression (~11:1 I believe). Good luck finding one though--at least in the US. Maybe over there they are still available [shrug]. If not, I wouldn't fret. You can build your own "HRC kit" with shelf components from the aftermarket.

Wierd thing is, I was almost sure there was an exhaust tip included in that kit and I don't see it in that picture. I owned a 1996 XR400 had two Honda manufactured tips--one corked up and quite, the other free flowing and louder. Maybe the tip came as a separate piece [shrug].