View Full Version : What the HE /_ /_ is goin' on??

hondaredrider
08-26-2006, 09:07 PM
well i went riding today, and after a few hours my 400 started acting up. all of a sudden it started bogging down when i gave it full throttle, does anybody know if it's getting to hot or what?? at first i thought maybe i got a piece of dirt in the needle vale of the carb, but when i got home i started it right up and it ran fine evena t full throttle. so any ideas?? i did just get it back from the shop about a week ago. any help would be appreciated. thanks :confused:

johnsls
08-26-2006, 09:11 PM
What did the shop do for it???? Hopefully you didn't take it to a Honda steelership...:devil:

Did you change anything.? add a slipon, have anything adjusted.. carb work... fill us in.

hondaredrider
08-26-2006, 09:18 PM
no i didn't take it to a dealership i took it to a reputable shop. they bored the cylinder out, new wiseco piston and rings, new timing chain, new valves and valve seals. nothing was done on the carb. the only thing that was adjusted was the valves when they put new valves in. that was it.

troutman561
08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Well you say nothing was done on the carb which means they didnt rejet for the new stuff.. could be the answer but seems to obvious?

hondaredrider
08-26-2006, 10:01 PM
thay said it didn't need rejetted, they didn't bore it out that much just to get the cylinder true again. maybe that's not the name i'm thinking of............

troutman561
08-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Hmm for a new piston and what not it would seem you would have to rejet... but im not down with all that so much hopefully GPracer or w/e his name is sees this.. he will most likely beable to answer your ?....

johnsls
08-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Hmm, if they bored it out only enough to put the stock size back in then they really just removed the old sleeve and installed a new one.. So they didn't bore the cylinder.

Double check,, because bored means they opened it up. right?
What size piston was put in? Stock??

Also you should still rejet even if you only put an exhaust on. Improves idle and all.

Call and ask them.. would have been a lot easier to go back to them than for us to guess what they actually did.

Good luck and let us know what they say.
:)

st8jacket
08-27-2006, 08:52 AM
sounds like the new valves may need to be adjusted...Did you trailer it home?when hot the valve clearence expands and when cooled down it will somewhat go back to normal...

hondaredrider
08-27-2006, 10:41 AM
is it possible for the bike to get to hot and not run good?? yesterday after riding i was hosing my bike down and noticed hella mud on the rad. so i cleaned it all off and went and unloaded my bike and it ran fine. i also read somewhere that you can bore it to a 406 and still use stock sleeve, piston size, and rings, is this correct?