PDA

View Full Version : please read this and post, what would you do....

rebelbuggy
08-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Okay I have a question. None of you know me so I think you guys would be to answer my question.....

:D

What would you do if you had a video system for sale.
A flip down tv, a FM modulator, and a in dash dvd player
okay this is about a $350.00-400.00 system ....

but your broke need cash so your going to sell it for $200.00

someone you know decided they want to buy it and just automatally said you would also install it for no extra price... so you said whatever and said you would just to be nice..

but while installing it got it all hooked up and the dvd player didnt work....

what would you do?

would you give the guy so much money back cause of the dvd player not working?

or would you just go buy him a brand new dvd player just like the one that aint working ( its around $125.00 and just take a loss, even though you already have)

or what

please post what would you do?

thanks

big k
08-26-2006, 08:59 PM
im in the same boat i was installing this system for a kid and while i was drilling through the fire wall i hit an A/C line. i was like
dang what do i do now. i've already installed two other complete systems head unit amp subs door speakers everything in previous cars for this kid at no cost for any of them

so i said that i would help him fix it and so far hes been to lazy to care about it so i just let it go

the A/C line is some where behind the dash total pain to get to but the part would cost $5 at a junkyard and then however much it cost to recharge the freeon

tell him that he can buy a dvd player and that you will install it

00tn300ex
08-26-2006, 09:00 PM
dont know if you have checked it or not but most the indash dvds have a safety feature so the e-brake has to be engaged for them to work.Most people run a bypass switch.Just an idea.But i would probaly split the difference with him since u sold it way cheap to start with.

rebelbuggy
08-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by big k
im in the same boat i was installing this system for a kid and while i was drilling through the fire wall i hit an A/C line. i was like
dang what do i do now. i've already installed two other complete systems head unit amp subs door speakers everything in previous cars for this kid at no cost for any of them

so i said that i would help him fix it and so far hes been to lazy to care about it so i just let it go

the A/C line is some where behind the dash total pain to get to but the part would cost $5 at a junkyard and then however much it cost to recharge the freeon

tell him that he can buy a dvd player and that you will install it

Oh wow... yeah these people expect me to be the one to call and go to pawn shops and wherever looking for one, then expect me to buy it and then guess what I also get to hook it up...

Im like no, all my friends and everyone says me installing the tv and modulator was my $100 out of the 200 they gave me and not to buy him anything... its a friends friends and my friend is now mad i guess but ****. I am not just pooring out money you know what I mean.

rebelbuggy
08-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 00tn300ex
dont know if you have checked it or not but most the indash dvds have a safety feature so the e-brake has to be engaged for them to work.Most people run a bypass switch.Just an idea.But i would probaly split the difference with him since u sold it way cheap to start with.

yeah I know that, thanks. This one used to be in my blazer, I just took it out cause I dont have kids and never used it..
I think he autally fried it when he took the yellow wire and touched it to ground.. thats what ticks me off.

00tn300ex
08-26-2006, 09:20 PM
oh,u never said he was the one wiring it.if i were you i would just forget about the whole thing.Thats his problem.

rebelbuggy
08-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 00tn300ex
oh,u never said he was the one wiring it.if i were you i would just forget about the whole thing.Thats his problem.

I wired it in the truck and it didnt play, so I thought a wire might be messed up so I cut the wires and opened the hood and hook stright to the battery to see if it worked when i had the yellow and red to + and black to - he took the yellow off and touched it to the Negitive side and I seen Smoke!!!....

2004exrider
08-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Then he's the one who fried it. If he messed with one of the wires while you were helping him and it shot out smoke then its no ones fault but his.

Jimmy

Toadz400
08-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
Then he's the one who fried it. If he messed with one of the wires while you were helping him and it shot out smoke then its no ones fault but his.

Jimmy

Exactly. It's his problem now, have him buy a new one and you'll install it for him. Just next time don't let him touch anything, unless he likes dishing out money for new DVD players everytime he wants to mess around.

rebelbuggy
08-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Exactly. It's his problem now, have him buy a new one and you'll install it for him. Just next time don't let him touch anything, unless he likes dishing out money for new DVD players everytime he wants to mess around.

yeah thats what I going to do. it be awhile i guess hes broke he says..