PDA

View Full Version : ok How do you?

Flodies400ex
08-26-2006, 08:13 PM
how do you no when your clutch is going out?

How do you no when your valves are going out?

I blew my packing out of my LRD and now I put my stock pipe on and now does it hurt if I take the baffle out or do I have to rejet it ?

i am asking these questions because i havnt taken it in yet and I went over my hours like 10 or 20 more and its a 06 450ER and I am just wondering because how do you they no how many hours you have? please help me thx and i aslo have a 4 year warrenty and does that cover the labor or no

Flodies400ex
08-26-2006, 09:15 PM
plz help thanks

Flodies400ex
08-26-2006, 10:20 PM
damn I guess nobody want to help me out thx for the help! ?
:D :D

CMPX3
08-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Take it to the stealership,thats what you bought the x-tra warranty for is'nt it?

fatkid400
08-29-2006, 04:56 PM
when your clutch is going itll start getting "sticky" When you start hammering your bike itll feel like your holding/slipping the clutching.
You'll know when your valves need adjusted...It'll look like your ridin a mosqueeter fogger:p It will start smoking like crazy and you'll be able to hear your valves "chattering" more than normal.
Youll need to put your stock jetting in to run your stock pipe but just your stock silencer should be ok with baffle out. I'm over my time on my 06 to.If you have a decent dealership they shouldnt give you any trouble.

GPracer2500
08-29-2006, 05:47 PM
--You know your valves need adjusting by checking them. They should be checked on a regular basis.
--Tight valves are usually quiter than loose valves. Better too loose than too tight. There's an old saying that a noisey valve is a happy valve (but don't take that too literally--I only mention it because tight valves can go quite and you don't want too tight).
--Tight or loose valves should not cause smoking unless something else has gone wrong.

fatkid400
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
When valves losen up (lose there seal) It allows more ehaust and unburnt fuel to escape from the cylinder which causes more smoke than normal.Same as the rings going bad on a 2 stroke.

400exrider707
08-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by fatkid400
When valves losen up (lose there seal) It allows more ehaust and unburnt fuel to escape from the cylinder which causes more smoke than normal.Same as the rings going bad on a 2 stroke.

Not enough for you to notice a visible difference in smoke coming out the exhaust. There should be no colored smoke coming out unless maybe a little black from being rich, anything else means something is wrong.

fatkid400
08-30-2006, 04:13 PM
No,when your valves start to losen there will be white/bluish smoke out the exhaust.Alot of it.I just went thru this on my 400ex 2 years ago when it was ready for its 1st check up at the dealership and my '06 450r is getting ready now.I can hear the valves "ticking" more and its starting to smoke alittle more.Trust me there isnt anything else wrong with the motor other than valves are starting to losen thats it.Like I said I know what Im talking about,I've been thru this since 250x's hit the market in '86.Valves get lose bike starts to smoke more than usual.

GPracer2500
08-30-2006, 04:49 PM

How do loose valve clearances cause valves to loose their seal? Tight valve clearences cause valves to not be able to fully seat. I think what you're missing is that loose vs. tight valves refers to the clearance between the top of the valve stem and cam lobe or rocker. The seal between the valve and valve seat is mostly a seperate issue. It becomes a related issue only when you've got zero clearence (i.e. way too tight valve clearance) and then the valve may not be able to fully close/seat.

And a four stroke should not smoke at all unless something is worn beyond it's service limits.

No,when your valves start to losen there will be white/bluish smoke out the exhaust. Alot of it.

White/bluish smoke indicates burning oil. Where is the oil coming from in your example? There should be zero engine oil near the valve seats.