PDA

View Full Version : LT Suspension Questions

rlplive
08-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Okay guys don't flame me too bad for gay questions. I am wanting to buy a set of houser slicast lt max ground clearance a arms in +.5, with some axis lt shocks to go with it. My question is this, since i go lt and wider in the front is it a must to do the same in the rear right away? Is it possible to run the stock setup with the new front end? The rear is something i want to do but I want to do it in steps since it is so pricy. Thanks for the help
Ryan

eganracing
08-26-2006, 08:10 PM
ive been riding my bike with the houser long travel front end for about six months and the bike works great. the only thing is it really brings out how bad the rear shock is.

DJJ450r
08-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Get 4+1 offset rims and You'll be back to stock:D , If you riding in the woods I wouldn't make the rear any wider.

rlplive
08-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Ok guys thanks, thing is a guy i know said you had to do the same to the rear as you do the front

Dave400ex
08-26-2006, 08:56 PM
As far as width you should be fine with stock offset wheels. On mine with 4+1 wheels the rear is 2 inches wider. I actually want to buy the LSR axle to narrow the rear up even to the front.

The stock rear suspension is going to suck bad. Even stock the rear is worse then the front, so if you go with the front end I think you will notice it quite a bit. Don't let that rush you into anything though, take your time and save up to get what you want the first time. A GT Thunder link with Axis rear would work well, or of course the complete Houser rear end. I have the Elka Elite fronts and rear with the dual pro linkage. The rear end is awesome. I really like the setup. You won't be disappointed with Houser either...

Flodies400ex
08-26-2006, 08:58 PM
yea I am thinking of getting those to from housers because all I see is housers on 450ER or Rs

j_cyrus3
08-26-2006, 11:05 PM
The front will be great, but like everyone said, the rear will show how bad it really sucks. If you can, get your rear shock revalved and get the link also, from GT Thunder for the meantime, until you can save for a rear Axis shock. Just an idea.

rlplive
08-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by eganracing
ive been riding my bike with the houser long travel front end for about six months and the bike works great. the only thing is it really brings out how bad the rear shock is.
Does this make the front end sit way higher than the rear or does it still sit pretty even?

eganracing
08-27-2006, 11:57 AM
u can adjust it to sit higher, lower or level in the front.

rlplive
08-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Alright thanks a lot
Ryan

DirtDevilBT
08-28-2006, 06:07 PM
to play the devils advocate or through a rock in the gears.....

I'd do the rear the way you want first. Swingarm, shock, and axle will run you the same as the front prolly. If you don't need the swingarm, then you just put money away for the fronts.