PDA

View Full Version : atving near jefferson county missouri!

hard one
08-26-2006, 05:22 PM
I live in jefferson county and need more people to ride with!

Most of the guys i ride with are on 125 dirt bikes and cant keep up.

I am 19 and have a lt-r450 with some modds.
i have been riding 4years.
cant ride on my land much any more the cops are all over now.

also we need more people to drag down at saint joe state park!

i would like to ride with quads that can keep up !

z-mann
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I could try and keep up...:D

hard one
09-14-2006, 03:48 PM
you might even beat me with that beefy 700.

your pretty close by,Im in crystal city.

audioguru76
09-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Me and 4 others come to St Joe pretty often. I just bought a 450r on Aug 22nd and have already been up there 3 times.

I can't go up this weekend cuz my flag mount broke off (along with the rest of the grab bar) the other day...damn wheelies.

I've been looking for other places to go that are somewhat nearby. Also, I've run into several people (I meet lots of people at work) that want to start riding with our group. Maybe we can all go on the same day and meet up to really get the drags going.

Ben

look for the silver Honda Ridgeline in the parking lot....that's most likely us (i haven't seen anyone else up there with one).

hard one
09-16-2006, 03:08 PM
I go to st.joe every week on saturday.
I have probally seen you there in the ridgeline and if you have a 450r you probally beat me in a few drags.

Since i first started this post i have got some more people to ride with from my suzuki shop and meeting people at st.joe.
I cannot go this weekend because i am waiting for parts but next weekend on saturday(9/22) and mabey sunday(9/23) i am going for sure.

I would of had my parts this week but some ***** in PA got my credit card number and maxed it out on i pods and nanos.
If i find her she is Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

z-mann
09-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I have a track in the back yard I ride on with my kids. I am going to St. Joes tommorrow to get both my Honda's jetted right. We are going to Suttons for a long weekend camping trip at the end of the month and I have a few buddies who want to to some drag racing so I need to get the bikes dialed in. They are wanting some pay back as I have beaten them the last few times we raced. :D

hard one
09-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I cant what till next weekend to ride, i bought my little brother a fmf sst pipe for his rm 125 so he can keep up better.

My friend at the honda shop has a trick 04 450r and he thinks it is too slow, it has stage three cam 13 to 0ne compression piston jet kit exhaust. he has every thing off of it now and is putting in a crf 450's engine in because he can get alot more power out of it.

new parts comming tuseday= proarmor skids,tusk nerf bars (black) just bought fly aero speed bars, proarmor kill switch,waiting on big bar clamp.kx kill swich turned into start button.
Warning Cr high isnt as high as ltr's stock bars a riser is a must!

audioguru76
09-16-2006, 09:12 PM
I 'fabbed' a mount for the flag, so we're going to st joe in the morning.

hard one- i'm only there on Sundays cuz i work on Saturdays. ...it's just me and my buddy with the warrior comin up tomorrow.

DEVINF450R
09-17-2006, 10:16 AM
I go to st joe's quite a bit too..well 3-4 times a year. Love it. I have been wanting to get down there soon but I haven't been able to since I have races every sunday and I am 3 hrs away from st. joe's. i will have to look some of you guys up next time I am down there

hard one
09-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I ended up going to day and met audioguru76 and the guys from my local honda/suzuki.
As soon as i got out to drag i blew a fuse then another one. so i checked out the push button and all the internal parts where all over the place so i did a quick fix and it worked.
I have never riddin so good befor i actaully beat guys in my group that i have never beatin befor!:D

So now i have to get a new starter button, but i am going to use a kill button of of a dirt bike.

just pm me and i will try to get some people together!(devinf450r)

I dont know if this is sad our not but they actually know my name at the check in now. EVery weekend for the past 3 years,

z-mann
09-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Saw you out there. Looks like the Zuki was running pretty well.

audioguru76
09-18-2006, 09:42 PM
it was nice to meet you guys, but where the hell did you go? we left to get a bite to eat, and when we got back I never did see you again.

Me and Dave started hitting some of the trails and he took a spill into the weeds. I had to roll the bike off him, but he's fine (just a little tree rash on his back). We got back to the truck (to reattach his mandatory flag) and met some old dudes that were having WAY too much fun, but were pretty cool.

we left right when the rain started, just barely got loaded up and locked down before it started to pour. (free bike wash on the way home...woohoo!)

I'm planning on getting the HRC and filter installed this week and we are coming back up this weekend with the full crew plus a couple more (at least 7 up to ?). Anybody else comin?

Ben

hard one
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
We were out dragging then we went out to the right of the parking lot to do some freestyle (flatland) and then we left as soon as it began to ran we thought you guys left.

Well have to meet down there again i fixed we wiring problem for good and got some up grades.

hard one
09-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Did you get to drag me at all man was i on fire once if fixed my quad.
Some dude tried to start a fight with me infront of his girl friend, he was bluffing so bad i told him i he didnt back off i was going to drag his butt around the whole park!:D

All over him saying that we roosted him and his girl he was nuts!:huh

audioguru76
09-19-2006, 07:03 PM
I ran with the pack once or twice before we went to lunch, but you guys with the paddles have too much of a traction advantage for me to do any good. I guess that will have to be my next purchase.

I spoke with a couple of the other guys and they are really looking forward to coming with us this weekend. I hope nobody's plans get changed and all interested parties can make it.

I can't believe someone wanted to start $hit over getting roosted...I mean come on, that's what goggles are for. Plus, if you are getting blasted, just move over for pete's sake.

so who else is comin..?

hard one
09-19-2006, 07:13 PM
The guys that came with me only go a few time a year

I'll ask but they prob wont.

A friend of mine on two wheels might and mabey a guy on a blaster but none of them like to ride as much as i do.

What day are you going this weekend i am up for either day!
this time i will bring my stock tires and my sand tires so i can ride the trails.

How many people have you got to go?

audioguru76
09-19-2006, 09:14 PM
how can anyone only ride a couple times a year!?

it will be sunday unless we have to cancel. all of us work on saturdays. So far, it looks like 7, possibly 9.

z-mann
09-20-2006, 04:42 AM
I can't go this weekend. We are going down to Suttons Bluff next weekend for a camping/riding trip. I like those trails the best that I have ridden so far.

hard one
09-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I know but they say they get board riding that much.

I will see you guys sunday morning then.
I well get there around 9 o'clock.

still calling people to get them to go.

audioguru76
09-20-2006, 09:41 PM
we should be there about that time, maybe just a little after.

hard one
09-21-2006, 05:56 PM
All poo is coming my way!
I just went out to finish putting my skid and nerf bars on and i start it up and i can just hear that cam chain going sounds like it is really loose or something broke it runs fine it is louder than the exhaust i am taking it to my dealer to let them hear it, matt from the honda shop said if the suzuki dosent cover it he will help me figure out how to fix it!

I will post tomarrow after seven!

I really hope it is just loose or at least is coverd by the warrenty!

hard one
09-21-2006, 06:51 PM
I feel really stupid i went out again to check every thing and win i turn the on switch on it stared without pressing the button.
So i checked the wiring(stripped it all the way to the starter and found that the off switch wire wasnt connecting and it was making the stater try to turn the engine over while it was running, man i was shure even the honda shop said it sounded like a the cam chain.

I WILL SEE YOU GUYS SUNDAY!:D

quadwanter
09-22-2006, 08:39 AM
z-mann is your vforce black with duals and ohlins im guessing? i saw you there but you wernt riding that one when we were there...hard one i think i've seen you there a couple times, a while back i was racing a lt-r without paddles (maybe you?) and 2 yfz's (black and blue one) i won like everytime..but i cheated by having zippers (paddles :p ) i usually ride with james (yfzridr i think) and randy(punk'd) from this site and another kid. we are goin tomorrow i just hope it isnt a gully washer...:mad: we should all meet up there sometime...if its going to be a sunday i need to ask off work :scary:

z-mann
09-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by quadwanter
z-mann is your vforce black with duals and ohlins im guessing? i saw you there but you wernt riding that one when we were there...hard one i think i've seen you there a couple times, a while back i was racing a lt-r without paddles (maybe you?) and 2 yfz's (black and blue one) i won like everytime..but i cheated by having zippers (paddles :p ) i usually ride with james (yfzridr i think) and randy(punk'd) from this site and another kid. we are goin tomorrow i just hope it isnt a gully washer...:mad: we should all meet up there sometime...if its going to be a sunday i need to ask off work :scary:

yeah that was me. I got it out a little later on. I was playing on my Honda's first.

hard one
09-22-2006, 04:42 PM
It probally wasnt me!
If it was stock graphics it wasnt me i have kandk graphics with red hand guards.

I havent lost to a v force yet but it could happen.

BUT i think i have seen you there with a black v force

z-mann
09-22-2006, 08:46 PM
That is funny because I have not lost to a suz 450 yet.. And we have met because I parked next to you a month or so ago and you were telling me about the 300ex you used to have. ;)

hard one
09-23-2006, 09:32 AM
I remeber you now, wait you were the one with the crb carb.
You did beat me, that was a v force?

You should drag me now i can beat you easly now.

When i raced you mine was completetly stock and no sand tires verses your modded quad.

I have improved the performance alot through simple intake modd and perfecting my shift points(not wearing my boots) and some nice sand tires,plus other modds in my signature.

I stand corrected i have been beatin by a v-force,
I also want a rematch.

z-mann
09-23-2006, 09:47 AM
I put some Honda carbs from a CBR900. They are 36mm carbs. As far as you beating me... I don't think so. Only one way to find out. :D

Didn't you race my buddies last weekend? I though you lost to my buddie's white Raptor with the paddles and my other buddy with the yellow z400 and stock tires was running close too? I could be confused as there was more than one z450 out there too.

hard one
09-23-2006, 05:08 PM
No there was a group of guys on raptor 700 and 660's but they were beating my friend with a lt-r 450(his had blue graphics).
The other guys on this site met me down there and after i solved my wiring issue and i only lost 4 races.

I was beating a guy on a banshee with drag pipes +100 wattstator ignition and hauler paddle tires and even a 450r with a hrc kit.

I have the bikes power dialed in now and am very comfy on it.

The guy on the raptor 700 was about 15 feet behind me every time and the raptor 660's were at least twenty feet back at the end of the drag.
My camera man got it all on film but my computer wont down load the videos.
It was funny one of the guys had a 700 raptor with bore kit exhaust efi up grade just tons of modds but his weight held him back so much he kept saying he wanted a rematch so i race him agian and agian.

Some guy on a z-400 tried racing with us but gave up half way through the race every time (too far back)

A guy with a modded banshee from hell was spanking me but anyone can make a banshee fast and to many people have them.

But i would love to race you again, i have beatin alot of 700 kawis since last time!

z-mann
09-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, doesn't sound like you raced any of my buddies then. I will drop you a note next time I am going to be down there. We will have to line em up.

hard one
09-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah those were the only raptors dragging.

Yeah, just pm me and i will meat you down there!

After we line em up well have to race through the trails i need to get ready for the hair scrambles.

audioguru76
09-24-2006, 08:01 PM
had a good ride today. the HRC kit has definitely improved the bike. 3rd feels like 2nd used to...and the rev limit is ridiculous.

Hope everyone else that was there had fun...and the dude that flipped on the drag race is ok.

quadwanter
09-24-2006, 08:04 PM
we went saturday and my god i've never seen so much water there. It was really fun though it was like i was riding a submarine around the flats lol The trails were awesome

z-mann
09-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Sounds like you all had fun.

hard one
09-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah it was pretty good till i had to leave.

Audioguru76 quad was alot faster He beat me with my staock tires, so i went to my truck and put my sand tires on and every body was gone. so my friend on a banshee and i drag a few times and had a big group watching and got about 30 people in it.
I race one guy out of audios group an older guy with a kid he had a black 450r and he was pretty good but i had an advantage over him with the sand tires.
I am putting a 13 to one compression piston and a intake cam in my lt-r 450 with a efi controller to hold all you honda riders back (i used to ride honda)
I finnally got beat by another lt-r 450 he cut the fenders off and it looked stock but it wasnt he had exhaust cam piston and gearing the owner of the bike couldnt beat me but one of his smaller friends sure did he blew me away i couldnt even beat him with sand tires once i topped out he kept pulling away.

z-mann
09-27-2006, 12:25 PM
SOunds like you need a sprocket change.

hard one
09-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Yes, that among other things i am uping the front sprocket one tooth and putting in a high compression piton and cam if i can find one for it.

Will have them in less than 3 months!:D

audioguru76
09-29-2006, 04:35 PM
yeah we did have lots of fun last time....so we're going back again this sunday (weather permitting of course). Anyone else wanna come?

hard one
09-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I want to ride but i am getting burnt out on st.joe.

I guess i will go.

5.0 Mustang Man
09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
I will be there sunday with a group of friends. We are wanting to do a lot of dragging. I've got a black 06 450R with paddles and the others with me will be a ltr450, 700 raptor, and a couple yfz 450's. hope to see you all there.

hard one
09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
sorry, I wont be going now.
I just bought a rossier 14 to 1 piston and exhaust.I will probally be down there next weekend hope to see you guys then. :D

macanic
09-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey PM me next time you guys go to the Park
Ive got a Honda to Drag race with you....LOL

hard one
09-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I will do that the more the better!

Now my lt-r450 is as fast as it looks!

audioguru76
09-30-2006, 10:23 AM
we'll be there bright and early Sunday...look for the silver Honda Ridgeline.

Ben

hard one
10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
I am going this sunday 10/8

I dont have my new engine but i am trying out new gearing and a 10hp gain with a rossier pipe!

Anybody want to race?:D

quadwanter
10-02-2006, 09:30 PM
10hp from a pipe.....:huh is that from the butt dyno or somethin

z-mann
10-03-2006, 09:25 AM
butt dyno...:D

hard one
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
no, its from the cherry bomb and the pipe!

go to www.rossiereng.com
to see for your self.

butt dyno you are to fuuny:confused:

quadwanter
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by z-mann
butt dyno...:D

;)

Im not saying it doesnt make 10 hp...but ....thats an awful lot for just a pipe and yes i could see that power maybe with a cherry bomb and pipe but still. Hrc kit...which is a cam and pipe all that good stuff on a 450r is around the same power production, thats why i am :huh :confused:

hard one
10-03-2006, 05:12 PM
If you dont think i can then why make a joke about something you cant prove, just check out the site.

Lte has a pipe for the lt-r 450 that gives it 12 hp on top!

quadwanter
10-03-2006, 05:21 PM
why are you getting so hasty...it was a joke...leave it at that its like you went into defense mode or something...and if you've never heard a the butt dyno then look it up :rolleyes:....and what all is there for me to prove? i just stated my opinion

hard one
10-03-2006, 05:42 PM
sorry i am just sick f stupid people on this site not you guys.

You guys going this sunday?

I dont know what a butt dyno is? sounds gay!

I know what a buttfor is !

quadwanter
10-03-2006, 05:49 PM
lol butt dyno is how much you think your bike has by just riding it...thus on your butt lol so if i put a piston in i might think it has 30 more hp but it was just tested via butt dyno but felt like a whole different bike lol

im not gonna make it this weekend im afraid but i really want to. I wanna meet up and run your bike though i smoked a stock ltr but they are extremely choked from factory....i need some paddles though lmao :cool: even though i will get my arse handed to me i wanna see....

hard one
10-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Sure thing thats pretty good who ever came up with that was clev.

Youir hrc kit runs just with mine with the pipe and c.r.b.m. but with the piston and cam and fuel injection mapping i dont think so.
I am going to port and polish the head( its good to work next to a machine shop) and the builder from rossier sent me some numbers and with the stuff i bought a properly tuned lt-r can get up to 69.2 hp with ease the only thing is i dont have a dyno so it will take me longer to get it tuned but it will be worth it.
( they built one with that much hp)
I wont have the engine parts and have it built till this winter so till then i will have to be happy with the pipe.

Yes you need sand tires or it wont be fair.
Dont get me wrong i have gotten smoked bad by hrcs with a 14 compression piston and cam by a guy in my group.

Pm me when you can go down and we will race.

quadwanter
10-03-2006, 06:09 PM
theres a kid i was racin last time just for laughs...port and polished drag 450....pretty damn fast and smoked my ***** fun to ride against though....

i spend most of my time in the woods thats my home...i would like to get a set of paddles but i cant justify the cost if i will hardly use them

but the thing i like is i picked up my bike for 4200 and it had everything i needed but tires...thats a steal right there...plenty fast for woods...all i gotta work on now is the skills part :blah:

hard one
10-03-2006, 06:28 PM
THe woods were my first home i own 4 acres woods and two acres(small track) field i just got sand tires so i could beat my friends.

As long as the trails are over 54 inches wide i will race ya.

! sold my 300ex for $1,500 got a huge raise and picked the lt-r 450 up for $6,600.00 otd.:D ( thats with the fuel injection)

I have skills but the bike makes me better than i realy am i went from a 125 to a 300 to a 450 I skiped a couple classes in there some where .:confused:

5.0 Mustang Man
10-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Anyone planning on going Saturday? I just did some work to my 450 and I want some LTR 450-s.

z-mann
10-04-2006, 06:48 AM
I want to but looks like I will be busy around the house.

z-mann
10-05-2006, 08:16 AM
I forgot I am oncall this weekend too. Looks like no smoking any zukis for me. :scary:

hard one
10-06-2006, 06:19 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

poor baby!

Now i wont have any body to beat me.:D

See ya next time

MO-EX-RIDER
10-07-2006, 01:04 PM
anyone going tomorrow(sunday)??

audioguru76
10-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by hard one
I am going this sunday 10/8

I dont have my new engine but i am trying out new gearing and a 10hp gain with a rossier pipe!

Anybody want to race?:D

ooh ooh me me...i'll race ya. we'll be going up that day too! cya there.

as always, look for the silver Honda Ridgeline.

Ben

hard one
10-07-2006, 05:50 PM
I went today instead so i could start builing my engine on sunday had a great time got my atv featured on the st.joe site for best looking quad and won a few drags.

Pics wont be on the site till sunday(www.stjoestpark.com)

With the exhaust the atv has 62 hp on the dyno not to bad.

After my rebuild with 110 gas i should be at 69 hp cant wait see you guys in 3 weeks.

I was running even or ahead with banshee's with pipe gearing reeds and stator upgrade.

Its so hard to keep the front end down because i am only 160 pounds but man is it fun i fly out of the hole like a bat out of hell.

z-mann
10-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Where are you getting your bike dynoed at?

hard one
10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
at a friends grage!

z-mann
10-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Is he local? I really need to get my bikes on one. It would really rock if he had an a/f meter too.

hard one
10-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Sorry, he doesnt let many people use it took me weeks just to get him to dyno my atv, he says the more he uses it the more he has to adjust it.

He hates atv"s he is a cycle guy!

audioguru76
10-18-2006, 01:37 PM
what's the plans for this weekend? anyone coming to St. Jo?

5.0 Mustang Man
10-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Several of my friends and myself are going out tomorrow. We will have my 06 450r, 06 YFZ 450, Z 400, Banshee, and a couple dirt bikes. I hope there are lots of people dragging!

hard one
10-21-2006, 08:49 PM
I cant go this weekend but i will be down next weekend with my rebuilt lt-r 450.

My friend will be on his 440 pred or his cfr 250f dirt bike dosent matter both are slow!

audioguru76
10-21-2006, 09:49 PM
last minute change in plans, can't go this weekend but should be able to next. cya there.

DEVINF450R
10-31-2006, 08:59 AM
anyone else hear that they are shutting down a 1000 acres in St.Joes. due to some a-holes sueing b/c they got lead poisoning

quadwanter
10-31-2006, 02:31 PM
you've got to be kidding me

:mad: :mad: :mad:

z-mann
11-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Going to be there tomorrow.

jandlstables
02-19-2007, 08:37 PM
p.m. me next time you want to go to st. joe's. I am half hour east of st. louis, in il.

woody

z-mann
02-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by hard one
I remeber you now, wait you were the one with the crb carb.
You did beat me, that was a v force?

You should drag me now i can beat you easly now.

When i raced you mine was completetly stock and no sand tires verses your modded quad.

I have improved the performance alot through simple intake modd and perfecting my shift points(not wearing my boots) and some nice sand tires,plus other modds in my signature.

I stand corrected i have been beatin by a v-force,
I also want a rematch.

well, it is getting warmer out.... when will the super z450 be out?

honda400-4-ever
03-25-2009, 08:16 PM
i live in hillsboro its pretty close to festus!!! i kinda got bored with st. joe but i found out there is a place in fulton, MO called Potawatomi is it any good compared to st. joe??is it worth a 3 hour drive?