PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Bright/ White Bulbs For 400ex??

MUDDIN400EX
08-26-2006, 04:00 PM
aNYONE KNOW IF AND WHERE I MIGHT CAN FIND SOME ULTRA WHITE OR REALLY BRIGHT BULBS FOR MY STOCK 400 HEADLIGHT?

krt400ex
08-26-2006, 05:00 PM
do a search on this. there was a post in a thread a couple of months ago with a pic of a ex that had those bright lights that r aslmost blue looking.

GPracer2500
08-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I tried some super-dupper-wiz-bang PIAA's in mine and wasn't especially impressed. If you really want more light out of your stock headlamp assemblies you'll need to get a higher output stator and higher wattage bulbs. I say save the money you'd spend on "upgraded" bulbs for a settup that's gonna make a genuine difference.

Older thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=235280&highlight=PIAA)

I've since upgraded the XR I mention in that thread with an 8" settup and it's at least 3 times better even though I'm pulling less wattage now. I'm learning that when it comes to lighting, the reflector and lens has just as much to do with the quality and quantity of light as the bulb itself.

krt400ex
08-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
I tried some super-dupper-wiz-bang PIAA's in mine and wasn't especially impressed. If you really want more light out of your stock headlamp assemblies you'll need to get a higher output stator and higher wattage bulbs. I say save the money you'd spend on "upgraded" bulbs for a settup that's gonna make a genuine difference.

Older thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=235280&highlight=PIAA)

I've since upgraded the XR I mention in that thread with an 8" settup and it's at least 3 times better even though I'm pulling less wattage now. I'm learning that when it comes to lighting, the reflector and lens has just as much to do with the quality and quantity of light as the bulb itself.

that's one of the threads i was talkingg about. there is another with a pic of a 400ex with them installed. they look really bright.