PDA

View Full Version : Cochranton, PA 2003 Poker Run

knighttime
08-27-2002, 01:17 PM
What is the status of this event? :confused:

Don't even tell me it's cancelled. :grr

Tommy 17
08-27-2002, 02:53 PM
mike if there is one i'll be up at camp with yinz... **** if i will camp out there again though... i almost got killed last time:eek:

08-27-2002, 03:12 PM
I did that a few years ago. It was awesome. We rode all day on trails. Of coarse i didnt win

Quadfather
08-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Cancelled until further notice. The Pa department of natural resources have been *****in' about this event since day one, and finally got it shutdown.

MOFO
08-28-2002, 01:07 PM
It was shutdown for this year though. The last info I read about it was the event will happen in 2003. Its gonna be in the fall instead of spring (less water = less mud = happy EPA people). All I know is that I'll be at knighttimes camp that week/weekend getting all drunked up for the weekend ride. LOL.

Eric

08-28-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
All I know is that I'll be at knighttimes camp that week/weekend getting all drunked up for the weekend ride. LOL.

Eric

Keep me filled in on the details eric I might just be headed ta Mikes camp with you guys ta get all liquiered up with ya..:eek: :D :cool: All BS'n aside..:eek:

250exen
08-28-2002, 01:58 PM
ill probably be there if there is one next year. i here its a really good time.

DESDAK4
08-28-2002, 01:59 PM
Poker run are a blast. The snowmobile club up here has several every year that we have started joining in on. I think they are starting to warm up to us quad guys.
Jay

EXtreme-
08-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Hang on fellas.....we got a full story coming with all the details for 03. You're on the right track but there's alot more to it. Shhhhhhh........ancient chinese secret!

knighttime2
08-28-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by EXtreme-
Hang on fellas.....we got a full story coming with all the details for 03. You're on the right track but there's alot more to it. Shhhhhhh........ancient chinese secret!

suh-weeet, I heard a rumor that Rico is gonna make this poker run if his racin' schedule allows it. :confused:

4HUN
08-29-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey, there I am, the red 400 in the mud!!

Well not really. Cocharton had to be the best time I have had on a quad though. Too bad they shut it down and I moved. I waited every year for it!! I took my "01" there the week I got it and pretty much had to spend an entire day cleaning it!! It was well worth it though@@

MOFO
08-29-2002, 05:54 AM
ahhhhhhhhh.....that picture brings back memories..... That had to be the most mud I've ever rode through. Keep in mind (for everyone that didnt ride it that year) it was that muddy as shown in the picture for entire trail system....some spots were even worse. That is the only time I've had to stop and literally push the mud off my fenders because it was pulling them down too far.

I have to agree....it was "one" of the best times I've had on a quad....

Eric

4HUN
08-29-2002, 02:13 PM
I got stuck all the time. It was always so bottlenecked that you were forced to stop in mud that was up past your tires. As your pushing out your quad a lifted sportsman would just creep by you. It was still a great time!