PDA

View Full Version : lets hear how they've held up!!

rollie
08-26-2006, 01:44 PM
allright im thinkin about getting an LTR because the cost of making a 450R race ready these days is insane, how do you guys like yours so far? have you guys have any problems? and id also like to know how these bikes are doing in MX races, do they keep up with the other 450's? :cool:

thanks

Quadprorider
08-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Mine is great!

I will have to scan my NUMEROUS pics from the Nationals of me pulling the holeshot and post them for you guys to see...............

LTandRaptorider
08-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, mine has held up great! Love this quad... And now for the pic... I still don't understand why everyone giggles when they see it... :confused:

rollie
08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
another question, lol i heard its a pain to hook up a thether switch, true of false?

LTandRaptorider
08-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by rollie
another question, lol i heard its a pain to hook up a thether switch, true of false?

Well, that is something else I have to get around to doing. I have been told by sources more informed than I, that a Pingel kill switch is the preferred one to use. No worries of that one harming the EFI. Wire that one into the ignition switch. Now, if you get one, trot on down to PA and put one in for me! :p

Warnerade
08-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Tether is a peice of cake to install if you know what your doing. Do not go with a pro design...go with a Pingel closed circuit tether...and wire it directly into your ignition switch so it wont harm the EFI. The LT-R's hold up great...I have cased jumps...over shot jumps...bottomed out the shocks...still holding up great and runs as strong as the day i bought it.

armysig
08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, mine has held up great! Love this quad... And now for the pic... I still don't understand why everyone giggles when they see it... :confused:

I'm sure you have to know, but could it be the handycap parking sign in the picture? heheh That's cute.

redrider05
08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
is there a problem with wiring the kill switch to the coil?..ive heard mixed awnsers to this tether thing...some say to the run/stop switch and others to the coil..we wired my buddies pro design to the coil and its been fine for awhile now.

Warnerade
08-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by redrider05
is there a problem with wiring the kill switch to the coil?..ive heard mixed awnsers to this tether thing...some say to the run/stop switch and others to the coil..we wired my buddies pro design to the coil and its been fine for awhile now. take that thing off and pitch it. They are junk for the lt-r and yes, if you have it wired in the coil it will eventually screw the EFI up. It just all depends how lucky you...are take a while to quit working...the second time i pulled mine...my bike didnt shut off and my efi light blinked, so i junked it and bought a Pingel. easier to install..looks better, made better.

rob-u/21
08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
I raced the BAJA 500 on my LTR last june. I put around 150-200 miles of preruning plus the 450 miles of the actual race and not one bolt came loose It held up great. No one thought we would finish with the LTR. When people would see us in the finish line they were all be surprised. Im already preparing my LTR for the Baja 1000. Just need to find some sponsors cause it is a very expensive race.

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 05:00 PM
no...its the pro design. Like i said...you might just have gotten lucky and it wont effect it. It affected mine after pulling it twice..others have taken longer...others wouldnt even work.

It is never good for a bike to be ground at the coil to kill the engine anyway...