PDA

View Full Version : Houser a-arm bushings

KYmxracer52
08-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I have a set of Houser +2/+1 std travel a-arms for my 250R. I ordered new bushings from C&D a couple weeks ago. I started putting them in today and found that the metal sleeve hits my grease zerk up in the arm. It won't allow the bushing to go in but about 1/2". Anyone had this to happen before? These appear to be the press-in type zerks.

tltcracing
08-26-2006, 02:56 PM
i thought all the zerks from houser where screw in? if it has the bolt looking bottom to it so you can unscrew it then it can be unscrewed. basicly if you put a wench on it and you can get it to spin then you can spin it out. just try a little harder.

KYmxracer52
08-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I know what you're talking about, but these aren't threaded in. More like pressed in.

Aceman
08-26-2006, 07:46 PM
My Housers use the threaded zerks. I have trouble believing yours aren't the same. If you can't figure out how to get them out call Houser. It's their product they would know better than anyone else.

KYmxracer52
08-27-2006, 03:14 PM
welll, I took some pliers and pulled them out. Then I just used a tap and put a threaded zerk in with a small washer under it to give me the clearance inside the bushing. Seems fine so far.