PDA

View Full Version : circle of life

juanki
08-26-2006, 09:38 AM
well.... three weeks ago my father (85 y.o.) went into sirgury to remove a part of colon cancer, tht went fine, then a few days after he felt realy bad and went to the hospital and the docs detected that a part of his intesins where blown, so he had a second sirgury, he rested for 3 or 4 days and the intestins werent working and the docs found that a part was bend and twisted so he had a third sirgury, and thats where we are at, we are waiting for some positive news, but there arent many.
the docs say that if he makes out of this he will need quimiotherapy, but his body is not that strong anymore, alsop they said that he is alive only because all the stuff that is conected to is body.

my dad is amizing, he was born in 1920 in mexico city, he is ( was ) a lawer, he was fathterless since 4 y.o. and the head of his family since he could, he had a sisiter, then at 33 he came to the north for a job and stayed here, i come from a 7 brother & sister family and i 'm the last of them, my dad was 54 when i was born.

so now i just hopeing that he can make at least 9 months alive to get to know my first baby... i just got the news yesterday that i'll be a father.

i hope that he can make it.

thanx everyone.

trick250r
08-26-2006, 09:41 AM
im sorry man :( i hate to hear stuff like this

08-26-2006, 09:48 AM
That is very sad.My grandpa died last week of colon cancer.Yourdad seems like a good guy.I hope he gets to meet his grandchild.I wish your family good luck.

Mx_523
08-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Real sorry to hear that man. Best of luck to your father and a speedy but safe recovery. Hang in there.:ermm:

Aceman
08-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Hang in there Juanki.:( When they get to that age their bodies can't take it like they used too. It's funny how that works, the circle of life. Your father becoming ill about the same time you find out your having a baby. Congratulations to you and your wife. There's nothing like being a parent.

scottwvu
08-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Wow! Your Father has lived a great life! And by judging the character of your post, if the unfortunate happens and he passes on, introduce your child to your father through the good values and character he gave to you.
Remember, looks are not all that is passed on from generation to generation. Remember his strength. Remember his abilities. let those amazing qualities shine through you to your family (and new baby). IF he passes, know there is NO WAY that a man like him would be kept out of heaven.

I will say a prayer for him and rejoice that men like him exist.

juanki
08-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Hang in there Juanki.:( When they get to that age their bodies can't take it like they used too. It's funny how that works, the circle of life. Your father becoming ill about the same time you find out your having a baby. Congratulations to you and your wife. There's nothing like being a parent.

thanx

furthermore, my dad lived to the fullest, just before this, he was still working, driving, every friday he was with friends at lunch, a well known writter in this comunity, very literay men, his uncle was governor of mexico state, he was in the board of the bigest university here, played golf every weekend, never had a big complication, had a sirgury like 10 years ago for kidney stones, every moring in the summer ( here sumer is like 8 months) went into the pool, he was in the rotary club, he found a school for disabled kids, one of my brothers is def, his house burned twice, and got back, in general had an amazing life.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-28-2006, 09:24 AM
hopefully he will pull through and meet the new family member, sounds like a great guy.

juanki
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Today we had a britgh sunshine of good hope, we contacted another doctor, and we will transfer tomorow my dad to another clinic, the doc say that there is still hope for my dad, not many, but hope is the last thing to die. he will have a three week recovery program to make him strong and ready for another sirgury or quimio.

OTOH.....

today went to the baby doc, anr he toldme that we have a two month product, so that is also good news.

sly400ex
08-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I hope well for you and your family.....:)

I know about circle of life, I NEVER wanted to have a child, but things happen in odd ways sometimes..

Jan. 05' my mom passed away, then my ex-girl came around to comfort me (a little too much comfort:p ) and she became pregnant Feb. 05', and we now have our wonderful baby daughter! We were together for over three years and all the sudden after my moms passing, boom, my ex-girl is pregnant. We hadn't done anything differently within our "private" lives either.:chinese: Life is funny sometimes.:)

juanki
09-05-2006, 05:06 PM
well, finally my dad passed away this past sunday, he had bettled cancer for a short time, had won that battle and then suffered a set back and couldnt get back for hid recovery, today we had his ceremony at church, and tomorrow he will have his ashes ready to go to their place.

he had a great life, ther was a ton of flowers at the house, lots of peolpe came to say theri last good bye. after church i want to star the oven to cramate his body.

RIP dad.

mole97
09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Sorry about your loss...It' hard losing a parent. Just remember all the good times you shared. R.I.P

CHEVYZ
09-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Terribly sorry to hear that. It is definately one of the tougher things to deal with in life.... but, at least he lived a good life. Be strong, and to your fasther... RIP.

juanki
09-05-2006, 05:57 PM
further more:

my dad was a wity man, he had a smile to any one, i remeber once i was with him, some fellas from car to car where salute him and he didnt kkow who they where, lol. he was a poet, had written many many verses, my mom at their 45 wedding annyversay, wrote on the mechanic machine all of them, more than 100 pages. he had a group of friends, like a bohemy group, and a friend of him compose music to 10 of his verses.
he lived 85 years witout any truble, just two monts ago started all the troublre. now we thinkt that it was all for the best, it was going to be time of trouble, and pain ........so its all good now

he just came, his ashes just arrived to my moms house, we will put him facing the pool where he got all his stragth during all this years.

JRP
09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
sorry to hear that man.:( :( :( R.I.P.