PDA

View Full Version : RAD bearring carriers

sburton1
08-25-2006, 10:00 PM
how good are the bnearring carriers on ebay? looking at the rad and some of the others. i know ai want a billet carrier dual row but who makes good carriers or are they all the same for the most part. i know i want one with a zerk fitting to greese it.

whats yalls imput on the ebay carriers???

bansheexcracer2
08-25-2006, 10:17 PM
They are probibley all the same but I would get a LSR billlit twin row.

rooster300ex
08-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by bansheexcracer2
They are probibley all the same but I would get a LSR billlit twin row.

probably
billet

In my opinion there is no reason to pay for the LSR name when it comes to a good twin row carrier. RAD work great. I have one.

Harbin_22
08-26-2006, 11:18 AM
I bought a rad thinkin I was going to save a couple bucks, well.. I didn't. I busted the bearings in a about a month and a half. So now I have a lonestar and have not had any problems yet. So if I were you I would get the lonestar carrier to save you some headache.

rooster300ex
08-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Harbin_22
I bought a rad thinkin I was going to save a couple bucks, well.. I didn't. I busted the bearings in a about a month and a half. So now I have a lonestar and have not had any problems yet. So if I were you I would get the lonestar carrier to save you some headache.

It must of been really abused,raced or something. I've heard of every brand of twin row carriers not lasting long when they are abused or raced.

It is a wear part no matter what.

lonestar-220 bucks :eek2:
RAD-120-150 bucks :D

JW450R1
08-26-2006, 02:55 PM
i have a rpm twin row and it's great.i would recomend to any-one.
stay away from burgard.east coast atv usally has them instock

rooster300ex
08-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I think alot of racers run tapered bearing carriers.

400exrider707
08-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I run a burgard in my 450R and have had no problems with it. My buddy also runs a burgard in his machine. I have a RAD tapered that was supposed to be for my EX and I never got to put it in, but I already know that the RAD carriers are top notch.

JW450R1
08-26-2006, 03:26 PM
i've heard that the tappered bearing u have to adjust a lot.

rooster300ex
08-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by JW450R1
i've heard that the tappered bearing u have to adjust a lot.

I think i've heard something about that before too.

mike nash
08-27-2006, 11:54 AM
I guess I got robbed 250.00 for my tapered bearing direct from RAD. And would not work until I shimmed my skid 1". Durablue was the same way.

sburton1
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
so which carrier is better for the wekend warrior kind of racer?

sburton1
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
and what carrier has less maintance

JW450R1
08-27-2006, 03:39 PM
i've talked to a few racers and they said they pull their carriers apart every month or so,to clean and repact the bearings.

400exrider707
08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
The tapered ones you will have to change less often. What would you have to adjust on them? There is no reason that they would require any more maintenance than any other carrier, when in fact they require less as they last long. The idea behind tapered bearings is that they take more of the side load that is applied through the axle. Double row and even single row bearings are good at taking up and down loads, but an axle also experiences a lot of side load, so tapered bearings are in fact the better choice. They do cost more money however. Its the same thing with aftermarket front hubs, they come with tapered bearings instead of using two regular bearings.

jonboy
08-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Tapered bearings are far superior than any twin row standard. They are built to handle vertical and side load pressures. True they may need shimming because the bearing cage has more tolerances for its rollers but, with the proper install they will require little to no maint. Just think of the wheel bearings in a truck and how much they take. Be sure that they have a way to get grease as with most bearings. As for having to replace them you can have them matched at NAPA autoparts for alot less.

matt250r21
08-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Tapered carriers are the way to go. I've killed to many dual row to wast time with those things. Get a tapered carrier thay last forever!

Xater
08-29-2006, 08:37 PM
i got a taperd twin row on my blaster for $114 i think, on ebay
im pretty sure only yamaha carriers have grease nipples

jonboy
09-01-2006, 12:37 AM
How in the hell do you have a tapered twin row? It doesnt even make sense. How did you get the inner bearings in? Even if one existed what would be the point?:huh

jrkarting07
09-10-2006, 06:50 PM
I just got the LSR twin row bearing carrier and its worth the 220 bux. I haven't even put it on my quad yet and just by looking at it and holding it u can tell it is far superior then any other brand... Just save your self the hastle and time of having to do it all over again and go for the best

JOEX
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by jrkarting07
I just got the LSR twin row bearing carrier and its worth the 220 bux. I haven't even put it on my quad yet and just by looking at it and holding it u can tell it is far superior then any other brand... Just save your self the hastle and time of having to do it all over again and go for the best
Please give some details about how you can tell just by looking at the carrier it is better than any other brand.

cals400ex
09-10-2006, 08:50 PM
uh yeah. i have been told the lonestar one isn't the best by any means....actually it is fairly close to many others from what i read.

400exrider707
09-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Xater
i got a taperd twin row on my blaster for $114 i think, on ebay
im pretty sure only yamaha carriers have grease nipples
Maybe stock, but almost all aftermarket carriers for hondas have some sort of grease fitting. They dont come on them stock because they are all sealed bearings inside from the factory and they also have seals on the carrier itself to keep out crap, but we all know water and dirt will eventually get in there. Also no such thing as a twin row tapered carrier.

400exrider707
09-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by jrkarting07

What other brands are you comparing too? Carriers are pretty straight forward. They are either cast or billet. Lonestar Cast carriers are crap, but so are all other cast carriers. I really only prefer the houser ones because they seem to have the best locations for grease fittings. I run a burgard though because of cost. We have also made our own in the past and they work just as good as anything else out there.

jrkarting07
09-11-2006, 08:13 AM
well honestly in my opinion LSR carriers are the best i mean yea they are all sorta the same as long as you get a twin row billet carrier with the zerk grease fitting and all. The only nice thing about some of the other carriers are the have them in different colors which doesn't matter any way cause u don't see that **** when its installed. Get w/e brand u want just spend the extra couple of bux and get a good billet carrier