PDA

View Full Version : hrc question

thumpinex
08-25-2006, 02:26 PM
this might sound stupid but what is an hrc kit ? is it worth it?what dose it cost? and dose it kill the reliability on the r?

sorry if im a lil slow but i figured id ask the ppl who know and use them. thx

Flodies400ex
08-25-2006, 02:35 PM
well it gives you more power thats all I no lol and it just makes the engine run alot better if you have the jetting right but I only had my my 2006 45ER for about almost a month so far with out any problems yet

thumpinex
08-25-2006, 02:41 PM
i hear that if ur racing the quad its awsome but it takes away from bottom end so it makes woods riding much harder and ended up making people slower in the woods.this true?

tltcracing
08-25-2006, 02:46 PM
for the 04-05 thr HRC kit consists of a new air box lid(semi open), a new grind cam, new snorkle*, main jet, pipe end (less restictive) and i think thats about it. for the 06-07 there is the additon of a new header with everything else without the lid. the kit costs $300 and gives about 5hp. the way i tend to look at this kit is if you can only buy one thing at a time and are thinking about power, this kit replaces a new pipe. you would have to buy a full pipe and rejet to get anywhere near 5hp and some pipes still dont get there. a decent full pipe cost around 550 and the HRC only costs 300 so you save 250 dollars. and the really coo thing about it is that if you get your dealer to instal it then the quad is still warrenty legal. it was the very first thing i ever did to my quad(in fact when they where assembling it from the factory they put the HRC kit in so i have a never used stock cam). please keep asking ?'s if you need to know more.

tltcracing
08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
i dont think it takes away bottom end but it does feel so strong everywhere else that the botom might fell weak. if you do want a bottom end cam the HC II is very good.

thumpinex
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
dose it make riding in the woods harder? and dose it cut down on reliability at all? ..........just hope if i have a dealer do it that they do it right....i used to work for a dealer and sometime the skippies would help assemble bikes and stuff and i didnt like that too much.lol

thumpinex
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
i am planning on getting one as soon as the boat get sold ......guys wants it too so im happy lol supposed to be gone this weekend lol

cals400ex
08-25-2006, 07:13 PM
first off, what year 450r are you running?

quadguy83
08-25-2006, 07:55 PM
I didn't notice any low end loss. Although putting a gt thunder slip on really helped the lower end.

thumpinex
08-25-2006, 08:18 PM
im getting a new one soon and was told if the dealer dose it when i pick it up it dosent void anything