PDA

View Full Version : Ebay: Anyone deal with this Guy?

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 01:28 PM
ID: thrmanex
Store: GDH Racing

Any of you bought from him? Is he good/honest?

I'm having a heck of a time getting any replies from him. This makes me weirey. He has 2 items I'd like, but I emailed him for a shippn' quote, and hes not replied AT ALL.

Mike,

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Bump

dunny_mark
08-25-2006, 02:32 PM
I have bought a few things from him. Aways got my parts in a timely fashion. Good communication and shipping time in my personal experience. Check the feedback!!

dunny_mark
08-25-2006, 02:36 PM
I have trouble sometimes tring to send messages through e-bay, Spam blockers sometimes will catch messages from e-bay, not allowing the person to recieve the message. Just went through some crazy problems because of this. Mother f'ing spam blocker!!

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
i emailed him yesterday by email and through Ebay, he hasn't responded. I'm ready to buy 3 parts off of him........i just need to know how much the Shipping's gonna be...

Abrannan19
08-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I do alot of shopping on ebay..if I ahve to ask a question..I do..and if I dont get a response or it takes 2 or 3 day I will not buy from that person..just my .02 I wouldnt buy from this cat he obvisouly is intrested in selling them items and if communication is this bad before the purchase wait till after you buy it!!stay away!!

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Your probably right.

Aceman
08-25-2006, 06:56 PM
What are you worried about? He has a 99% rating with 3650 positive feedbacks. Read the feedback if you're worried, that's why Ebay has it afterall. He might have spamblocker or he might be really busy, he's selling about 270 items at once. Unless it's something really big, that you have no idea how much it will cost to ship you can usually figure out the shipping cost in your head. With that many positive feedbacks I doubt he's going to gouge you on shipping costs.

APA
08-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
about a week ago i bought my seatcover from someguy and hee never left me feedback so i left him 7 messages asking when he was going to leave my feedback

so i got mad and left him negitive feedback saying "Did not respond to messages or leave me feedback will NOT deal with again"

so he leaves my feedback and it was negitive saying "dont deal with them they leave you negitive feedback because you dont leave them feedback"

*******s on ebay :mad: :mad: :mad:

Few sellers will leave feedback 1st. When you leave feedback that means your satisfied with it an the transaction is finalised....then the seller leaves feedback for you.

You got what you asked for.

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
What are you worried about? He has a 99% rating with 3650 positive feedbacks. Read the feedback if you're worried, that's why Ebay has it afterall. He might have spamblocker or he might be really busy, he's selling about 270 items at once. Unless it's something really big, that you have no idea how much it will cost to ship you can usually figure out the shipping cost in your head. With that many positive feedbacks I doubt he's going to gouge you on shipping costs.

I guess you're right. It basically needs to go from

dover, TN, United States -to- Ontario canada.

What would you estimate that would cost?

Oh, and is there tax if I buy from him?

I'm very new to ebay/paypal.

NorCalRacer
08-25-2006, 09:05 PM
about a week ago i bought my seatcover from someguy and hee never left me feedback so i left him 7 messages asking when he was going to leave my feedback

so i got mad and left him negitive feedback saying "Did not respond to messages or leave me feedback will NOT deal with again"

so he leaves my feedback and it was negitive saying "dont deal with them they leave you negitive feedback because you dont leave them feedback"

*******s on ebay :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you shut your mouth more often you would seem smarter. Buyers are expected to leave feedback first. YOU screwed that one up. Besides, who gives a rat's *** about feedback. If you got your item you have no reason to complain. It's people like you that make it hard to trade online.

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 09:17 PM
does anyone know if there is tax on GDH Racing items on ebay?

APA
08-25-2006, 09:27 PM
You might be taxed if you live in the same state.

US to Canada might impose import fees.

APA
08-25-2006, 09:45 PM
your ****in wrong there

Sellers are soposed to leave feedback 1st because Buyers did their part 1st smart one

Whatever..........

Whats your ebay name so I can put you on my blocked list.

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Guys, GUYS! Stop! I'm trying to get help here!

Aceman
08-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Dieselboy:
I wouldn't think it would be more than a few bucks to get it across the border but I don't actually know. Try starting another thread about Canadian shipping fees if you really want to know, I'll bet you get more responses that way.

APA:
Don't mind Kickstart Sucks he's the Atvriders.com website dunce.

Kickstart:
If you did a little more listening/reading and a lot less typing/talking you might learn something. The transaction went fine but you posted negative feedback because he didn't give you feedback. You need to pull your head out, that's not how it works. Sellers wait to see what feedback the buyer gives them after they receive the item before they post feedback. I've been on Ebay a long time so don't even tell me I'm wrong, you need to get it right. You made a mistake, admit it, and don't do it again.

08-26-2006, 08:23 AM
^^i agree completly
and besides, how does the seller know when you get their product? maybe you didnt actually get it, and they leave you postive feedback but maybe you dont get the product and you leave negative!

and kickstart, ever heard of neutral feedback? what is ur username kickstart

DieselBoy
08-26-2006, 10:28 PM
well guys i had my friend email the guy (GDH-Racing), and I guess he doesn't want my business for whatever reason, so I'll have to search elsewhere.

According to his Feedback Neg replies, he does not respond to select few for some reason. Oh well.

Grant Casey
08-27-2006, 04:42 AM
hey diesel boy don't by of that bloke he ripped me of for like $350 a axle and a bearing carrier, i ordered it February, and still haven't got it, he has stole my money

cheers

Quad18star
08-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I've done some business cross border and I'll tell you , it's not cheap .

Shipping can be quite expensive , but then again it all depends on the size of the items . But for the most part , you'll pay a ridiculous fee for cross-border shipping .

Taxes and Duty all depend on the price of the item and if it is made in the USA or not . For an item not manufactured in the USA you'll pay more . Canada Customs will look at the items , see what the seller wrote ( how much you paid ) and they'll charge you accordingly from there .

To have an exhaust , filter and 2 t-shirts sent from Legacy ATV , it cost me $180 CND ( Duty and shipping) .

The thing we have going for us right now , is that the price of our dollar is stronger than usual.

DieselBoy
08-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow, greg...thats alot. mind you the items i'd be buying would only be small and light, and probably fit in a small box. but if the they tax you at the border, then they can shove it. +

Quad18star
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
Wow, greg...thats alot. mind you the items i'd be buying would only be small and light, and probably fit in a small box. but if the they tax you at the border, then they can shove it. +

It all depends on the value of the item . If the seller writes down on the sheet that the item is only valued at $20 , then you won't pay much , but if it's $800 you'll pay more .

Some things are worth it , some aren't .

Look at it this way , when I ordered all my stuff from Legacy ATV , it cost me about $800 CND to have everything paid to my door . When I called Splash and Dirt ( in Quebec) , they wanted $750 for the exhaust alone , plus $35 shipping . So it was cheaper ordering form the USA .

DieselBoy
08-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Basically i was going to buy a harness, cdi, handlebar switch, and stator. probably about $160

Quad18star
08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Basically i was going to buy a harness, cdi, handlebar switch, and stator. probably about $160

You probably won't pay a whole hell of a lot . You can call Canada Customs and Revenue tomorrow and they'll tell you exactly what it would cost you .

Then go on FedEx website and enter ur location and the sellers location and see what shipping would cost .

APA
08-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Do not ship with anything but US Postal Service or you will pay dearly. I am a full time seller on Feebay (lumpy790) and USPS is by far cheaper.

DieselBoy
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
yeah...FedEx would have charged $77.00 :huh

meanwhile USPS would be $18.95

Quad18star
08-27-2006, 10:19 PM
yeah...FedEx would have charged $77.00 :huh

meanwhile USPS would be $18.95

Yeah I just through out the first shipping company name that came to mind .

Although you'd be really surprised at the price it cost me to ship a complete set of tires and rims from Sudbury to Ottawa area ( 4 rims and 4 tires ... pretty heavy) ... it only cost me something like $30 .

Quad18star
08-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey man I just thought I'd let you know that on the 2 shirts I ordered out of the USA , which cost $26 US ( for both) , I paid an extra $21.85CND for Duty and Brokerage Fees . Hopefully this can give you an idea as to what to expect .

Shipping was paid by the seller .

APA
08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
With the brokerage fees who was it shipped threw? UPS?

Quad18star
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by APA
With the brokerage fees who was it shipped threw? UPS?

Yup.

fatkid400
08-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by APA
Do not ship with anything but US Postal Service or you will pay dearly. I am a full time seller on Feebay (lumpy790) and USPS is by far cheaper.

How big of an item will usps ship? do they a wieght limit?

APA
08-30-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure. Check at www.usps.com

bwamos
08-31-2006, 07:20 AM
ID: thrmanex
Store: GDH Racing

Any of you bought from him? Is he good/honest?

I'm having a heck of a time getting any replies from him. This makes me weirey. He has 2 items I'd like, but I emailed him for a shippn' quote, and hes not replied AT ALL.

Mike,

Yes, I've used him. Great service. Always had my parts at my door withing a week of the paypal transfer clearing.

bwamos
08-31-2006, 07:25 AM
UPSP, UPS, end FedEx all have a 70lb max. That is due to union saftey limits for one person to move.

Anything above 70lbs has to be shipped freight, or seperated into multiple packages.