PDA

View Full Version : what piston is best for me?????

tumbler440Ex
08-27-2002, 08:38 AM
i have a 1986 trx 250r i was wondering what piston to run with it i always run wiseco pistons and i never had them for long.
whats better
i dont like to run wiseco
but if nothing else i have to its already been bored out 80,000.
what piston is best for not profomance i want a good piston for relible not profoance i know its a 2 stroke but i want the torughest piston i want it to last if run right not replacing them all the time
i herd wesico bad for that its just made real light and not made for logn run piston not like much are for 2 stroke but wiseco just for strikly profoance
what ones shoudl i pic
1 wiseco
2 pro X
3 vertex i think
i also herd go with over size honda piston but they dont make them that big but they said get somthing liek thae same materal like the honda pistons liek they said the pro x is some wat close to that
and what ever ones u gyus can think of that is a dealer i live in canada so i cant get like lrd or poeple like that that make there own pistons gotta be like wiseco
:confused:

airheadedduner
08-27-2002, 01:46 PM
LRD don't make their own pistons, they use wiseco. I think if you contact CT they were working on a cast piston that is supposed to last longer then the wiseco. I have been running a wiseco for 2 years in my R and it runs fine even after ingesting large amounts of sand one day when my filter came off riding in the dunes.

tumbler440Ex
08-27-2002, 04:36 PM
i know lrd dont make there own i was using htem as a example liek ct makes there own see i live in canada and cost me almost double if i wants a ct piston i want somthing like they make i can get pro x and vertex it hink but i dont think they go that big of bore maybe wiesco will do
thanxs