PDA

View Full Version : FCR Carb

MR.BIG
08-25-2006, 09:01 AM
I am trying to decide whether or not it would be worth changing to a FCR carb over the stock one? Any info would be great Thanks Alan

chad502ex
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
excellent throttle response- this is why HONDAs new 06 has them; plus, they can be bored bigger for more cfm's... :macho

MR.BIG
08-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Is the sparks 41fcr kit any different that the new 450r carbs? The reason I ask it because my friend is a dealer and gets stuff at a good price from him.

chad502ex
08-25-2006, 10:52 AM
i am unfamiliar with sparks products

GPracer2500
08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
It's nice to see that Sparks finally updated their website so something that looks decent. But anyhow....

Seems like every year or two Keihin comes out with a revised version of the FCR--always the same basic carb but with little tweaks here and there. I figure there must be dozens of versions of the FCR floating around out there. I'd ask Sparks if their carb has a leak jet. AFAIK, only the OEM versions of the FCR-MX carb got leak jet equipt float bowls. But you can buy leak jet equipt float bowls--there's a (slim) chance Sparks made that swap. That would matter to me. Other people might not care [shrug].

Consider the 07' CRF450R 40mm FCR-MX as an option. It got a host of updates vs. the 06' version and appears to be the state-of-the-art Keihin carburetor. Might be tough to get a hold of right now--I don't think the 07' CRF fische has even been released yet.

I'm currently in the market for a newer quad and the lack of an FCR on the 04/05 models is one of the reasons I'm mostly ignoring that option.

ETA: The new 07' CRF Keihin is a 41mm not 40mm.

chad502ex
08-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
It's nice to see that Sparks finally updated their website so something that looks decent. But anyhow....

Seems like every year or two Keihin comes out with a revised version of the FCR--always the same basic carb but with little tweaks here and there. I figure there must be dozens of versions of the FCR floating around out there. I'd ask Sparks if their carb has a leak jet. AFAIK, only the OEM versions of the FCR-MX carb got leak jet equipt float bowls. But you can buy leak jet equipt float bowls--there's a (slim) chance Sparks made that swap. That would matter to me. Other people might not care [shrug].

Consider the 07' CRF450R 40mm FCR-MX as an option. It got a host of updates vs. the 06' version and appears to be the state-of-the-art Keihin carburetor. Might be tough to get ahold of right now--I don't think the 07' CRF fische has even been released yet.

I'm currently in the market for a newer quad and the lack of an FCR on the 04/05 models is one of the reasons I'm mostly ignoring that option.

i know i've read someone else or some business using your signature quote.... I just have to find out who again.... it's been bugging me cause i know the rabbit hole is deeper than what it seems to be..... heh.

maybe it was a pipe manufacture- hmmm
:confused:

GPracer2500
08-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
i know i've read someone else or some business using your signature quote.... I just have to find out who again.... it's been bugging me cause i know the rabbit hole is deeper than what it seems to be..... heh.

maybe it was a pipe manufacture- hmmm
:confused:

Ha!

I know where you saw that but it wasn't a manufacture and it wasn't connected to me. I'm sure we're talking about the same place cause I just saw it too--couldn't have been more than 5 or so days ago. And it was "Knowlege is Power", not horsepower.

Who am I, really? I'll never tell, Chad....:devil:

Seriously though, I'm no one special. As fun as it is to have people think you're someone or something you're not, I'm not about to send anyone on a wild goose chase.

MR.BIG
08-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Ok now were getting somewhere:p