PDA

View Full Version : How to make the throtle easier to push?

CAIN730
08-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Does anyone know any tricks to making the throtle easier to push? I have read that sanding lightly on the outer edge of the carb springs will help but a screw up there would be costly since the springs are behind the cams which are welded on. The Z400 throtle is really easy to push, I wonder if the difference is in the carb or the throtle? Just a thought that you might be able to use a z400 throtle assembly. All I know is that my thumb can't handle two strait hours during a race.

tprender
08-27-2002, 07:02 AM
I have not done this, but I have been told that there are 2 springs someplace and to remove one helps. I am not sure if it is located in the carb or on the bars. Someone also said to take the spring and go to the hardware store and get one the same size, but it will be a little weaker.
The other fix that I have done is to ride more and build up yourself (thumb ).

Doibugu2
08-27-2002, 08:25 AM
Play playstation.:D

300exryder
08-27-2002, 10:09 AM
Is it really that hard to push?? I ride all day 9-10 hours and I feel fine -- im only 15 so ill be feeling it later on--.
On my warrior -- i sprayed some WD-40 in the throttle majig -- if you follow the cable down to a little black box you will find a pulley system inside- I'm sure people arent supposed to be spraying WD-40 in there but it worked for me and i havent had any problems.

Pappy
08-27-2002, 11:34 AM
there are 2 small bushings inside the throttle housing. dissassemble it and lube them...it will help a lot. i did mine when i powdercoated the housing and was very surprised how easy the throttle worked....hope this helps:)

airheadedduner
08-27-2002, 12:36 PM
I shaved my spring on my R. It helps less then you think.

JabberJaw
08-27-2002, 01:08 PM
The easiest solution is to buy an FCR carb, but not the least expensive :-)

GNCC#829
08-28-2002, 08:58 AM
I took the spring out of my thumb throttle assembly. Now just the spring in the carb is pulling on the cable. It helped a little.