PDA

View Full Version : holeshot XCR's..

Leo
08-27-2002, 05:25 AM
Hi guys,

How does everyone like there XCR's for general trail riding?

Just ordered up a set of XC's for the front, and XCR's for the back, hopefully they are a decent tire..?

Leo

Scott
08-27-2002, 06:21 AM
Sorry Leo, I don't have a set of XCRs but I do have aset of XCT 22s on the rear of mine and I really like them. This is actually my second set. They have worked great for me in the woods, and since they're 6 ply I don't have to worry about plugs. They are not a mud bog tire, but they do hook up in mud, just not when it's a foot deep! Hopefully the XCRs are just as good.

bradley300
08-27-2002, 06:51 AM
i like mine alot. i used to have shredders on the back (same size) and cant feel any wieght difference and the xcr's seem to get better foward traction and slide a little better. i could tell much improvment on muddy up hills. no flats yet either.

MEL
08-27-2002, 08:24 PM
i like mine but, if you ride trails with alot of ruts you might not. its not that they are smaller but theres no nobs on the very outside so theres nothing to grab on the side of the ruts.

cdalejef
08-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Actually, they are 1/2" shorter than 20" XC's and a little narrower.

Ex'r Marlin
08-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Wow, the XCR's are very much a roost tire!!!:macho I think they make a wise choice over the stockers, since they are about the same tire size.

For me though... Like MEL said, you might find yourself bottoming out some on the trails due to the small diameter they are. I love them XCR's... But I find myself using either the 20" XC's or the 22" XCT's over the XCR's for my normal trail riding. (For some reason, I am one of those people who hate the thought of obsticles hitting my skid plate).:rolleyes:

Again, those XCR's can really throw some terrain... A noticeable difference compared to the 20" XC's. (Riding behind one of my friends with the XC's was tolerable, but riding behind my one friend with the XCR's... NOT!):eek: :macho

Good luck Leo!!:)

Drtridr18
08-27-2002, 09:08 PM
Leo, the XCR's are awesome! I just got regular 21" up front and 20x11x10 XCR on back all on .190's, the rims have a new offset, the 400 feels like it's glued to the ground now, they throw up awesome roost, hook up like mad, climb over stuff in the trails no problem and corner slide much more predictably...all I can say is wow...different machine...wise choice!

Blackguywithouta400
08-27-2002, 09:17 PM
I loved mine for everything i could throw at them. I raced MX on them i rode trails on them, i rode sand with them, i have to agree i thought it was just me but they throw some BIG AS roost man there just all about the grip talk about a tire that has the BEST slide ive ever rode on and other agree that tire will respond back to you about everything ive never spunn out on those tires the give awsome feedback great all around tire the thing about it over the stocker is that its a 6ply so if your not about tall tires its a good choice.

A4StrokeGuy
08-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Personnaly i hate my holeshots, i bought the 20 inch regular holeshot which i think are the XC's not sure. Anyway there actually around 22 inches tall which pissed me off and they don't slide much. For trail riding there awsome but i do very little of that, mostly MX and they don't slide to well, hook up great out of the corners but turning is there downfall. I'd be willing to sell them if anyone's interested, there only a month old.

Jordan

Blackguywithouta400
08-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by A4StrokeGuy
Personnaly i hate my holeshots, i bought the 20 inch regular holeshot which i think are the XC's not sure. Anyway there actually around 22 inches tall which pissed me off and they don't slide much. For trail riding there awsome but i do very little of that, mostly MX and they don't slide to well, hook up great out of the corners but turning is there downfall. I'd be willing to sell them if anyone's interested, there only a month old.

Jordan

Hey dont tell your girls your a 4 stroke guy to them thats not a good thing :p Anyways it sounds like you got the wrong tire for your type of riding. The 22" XC would be terrible for the mx track
my xcr 20x11x9 really measures about 19 1/4x10 3/4x9 so its a pretty small tire. They should work really well for most of us.

Leo
08-28-2002, 06:29 PM
sounds like I made a good choice..

I ordered the 20x11x9 XCR's for the back, and the 22x17x10 XC's for the front..

Funny thing is I also ordered a new skid for the rear at the same time (one of the .250 thick ones).. guess that was a good choice to :D

I was tempted to go with 22's in the back and 23's in the front, but decided not to at the last minute..

Leo

Ex'r Marlin
08-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Leo
sounds like I made a good choice..

I ordered the 20x11x9 XCR's for the back, and the 22x17x10 XC's for the front. I was tempted to go with 22's in the back and 23's in the front, but decided not to at the last minute.. Leo I am sure you meant 22x7x10 front XC's... Otherwise those are some wide front tires!:D Anyway, there is a very noticeable difference going from the setup you got and the 22" rear tires with 23" fronts. I normaly run the 22" rears and the 23" fronts, but when I change to the XCR's and my 20" MX fronts.... WOW! An amazing transformation!!:cool: :macho Unfortunately, you loose alot of ground clearance compared to the 22"/23" setup.:(

Good luck with your new skid plate too! (I think that was a wise choice going with a new aftermarket one).

Pro400EXC
08-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Hey Leo,them .250's are nice and all,bvut my buddy ahd one and he had Razr's (20',which is taller than stockers) and he was getting hung up more in the ruts and all with his skid,than i did with stock tires,and a stock skid,so i dunno.

I personally like the Pro-Tect rear skids (stainless)i hear you can run over a mine field,and won't strach it.

racin 400
08-29-2002, 08:04 PM
I just got my holeshot MXs and i love em i have rode a DS with XCRs and they did a good job.

Pepto_Bismol
08-30-2002, 01:58 PM
I've had my XCR's for about 6 months now and I love em. Granted, they are a bit heavy, and since I do like to practice at the MX track at times but don't have a money tree, I dropped the front sprocket to a 14 tooth, an this helps compensate for the exra tire weight. As far as performance, man they hook up sooo well, and I love it when I can powerslide in fourth gear and do a 50 ft wide donut with my rear end almost sideways. (Talk about dust...:eek: )). I love to trail ride, but it's out in the desert and since the tires are a smaller in diameter than the XC's and along with my elka rear, I sit pretty low to the ground. But that doesn't slow me down any. Just have to pick and choose your path to avoid the large rocks. And sometimes you don't but that's what a skid plate is for. Mine is still stock and still going..oh well. The tread lasts too. I ride in pretty rough environment(major hard pack and rocks), and the tread wear is very acceptable.
On the down side, even though they are 6ply, I've got a plug in each tire (one has two). So they are not bullet proof, but definately tougher than your average tire and recommended for the value!!
Pepto:cool:

kaneman23
09-02-2002, 07:24 PM
I have the same exact tires you mentioned and they are awesome. I finally got to hit the trails today and was amazed at how they hooked up and slided when I wanted them too. They were also good in the mud(it rained yesterday). You made a good choice and will be happy.

Leo
09-02-2002, 07:42 PM
I can't wait for them to get here.. Hoping they arrive before the Newton Falls poker run this Saturday..

Can't wait to try them out :D

Leo

Leo
09-08-2002, 06:33 AM
Got to rip it up with them yesterday, I love 'em.. :D

If I had realized how much of an improvement it was, I'd have gotten them 6 months ago ;)

Leo

Blackguywithouta400
09-08-2002, 11:23 AM
I TOLD YOU SO! :)

Porkchop
09-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Lets see some pic's :D

SGA
09-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Leo
Got to rip it up with them yesterday, I love 'em.. :D

If I had realized how much of an improvement it was, I'd have gotten them 6 months ago ;)

Leo
My after market tires are probably one of the best mods I have done. Razrs all the around. 22X7X10 fronts, 20X11X9 rear. Handles so much better.

Leo
09-09-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Porkchop
Lets see some pic's :D

here's a pic after the poker run Saturday, it's still VERY dirty...

Hasn't rained in months up here, and there were still 2 or 3 pretty good mud holes to get caught up in :D

Leo

lil400exman
09-09-2002, 10:56 AM
we have a drought damage down herer and we requested for federal relief this year and still at haspin i got my quad stuck in mud up to the fenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!now thats mud its thick to a modded prarie660 had a hard time pullin m out!!!!!!