PDA

View Full Version : couple of problems

JR3
08-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok i need help with a couple of things. My quad has a overheating probl;em i run engine ice and a ac front bumper with no number plate. When i was riding yesterday we got back to the trucks we were riding our private track its very loomy i popped my seat to see the air filter and it was off the boot and there was oil every were because i guess the crankcase got to hot. so question can i re route the breather elsewere and wtfs up with the over heating. any help is appreciated.

thanks James

GPracer2500
08-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm guessing it was overheating because it was deadly lean without an attatched air filter.

Flyin-Low
08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
I'm guessing it was overheating because it was deadly lean without an attatched air filter.

Sounds about right.

Re-attach air filter and take it for a ride and see if it still overheats.

-Martin

JR3
08-25-2006, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Sounds about right.

Re-attach air filter and take it for a ride and see if it still overheats.

-Martin

i wish it was that easy since the airfuilter was popped off i had **** in my intake boot so i took it off yesterday and dirt just made it to the carb but didnt enter. So today m going riding and teh overheating isnt a new problem its happened b4. heres a pic of me from this track http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/100_5469.jpg

the predator
08-25-2006, 06:34 AM
oh it made it in the motor alright i can garuntee that.....just change the oil and hopefully the valves and rings didn't get the worst of it.

QuadRacer041
08-25-2006, 09:27 AM
for the vent hose you can remove it from the airbox and buy a little k&n style filter that fits in the vent hose. you can get them from your honda dealer.....but if you have oil comming out of the vent hose then you may have another problem. depends how much oil your talkin about. on my crf i have that little filter like i explained and after i ride it has an oil mist covering it but not excessive.
as for overheating, make sure your fan is comming on. if not check it by grounding the wire comming off the thermo while the quad is RUNNING. if it doesnt come on, your fan is toasted if it does youll need to make sure the thermo is working. ride your quad a round and keep checking to see if your fan comes on. if not id replace the thermo. if all that is working, then you have to be running to lean i would think.
good luck

Johnny B
08-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
for the vent hose you can remove it from the airbox and buy a little k&n style filter that fits in the vent hose.good luck

the hose is just for blow by gas that comes out of the crank case. i dont think there is any need for a filter on it. i just pulled it out of the air box a bit so its out of the way.

QuadRacer041
08-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Johnny B
the hose is just for blow by gas that comes out of the crank case. i dont think there is any need for a filter on it. i just pulled it out of the air box a bit so its out of the way.

i would put a filter on it for sure. you could suck in dust on deceleration. thats why when it comes through the airbox it pushed into the filter.

JR3
08-25-2006, 07:05 PM
thanks for the help lou. I rode today for an hour so if dirt made it to the motor it would have effected it already. Today i was riding and took 10 minute breaks and on the last break i herd the radiator bubblin and my fan is ****ed up and doesnt come on becaus ei did ther fan mod and the fan motors toast so i need 1. Ill get a lil filter tomorrow but the filter will touch airfilter the stock way the crankcase breather goes into the airbox so howd i re route it.

thanks James

JW450R1
08-27-2006, 05:09 AM
if u removed the coolant sending unit wire (by the t-stat housing),and ground out the wire the fan should come right on to.

JRDrider22
08-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Ill show you what i did with my wireing on my fan. Other than that drian all your oil and all your anti freeze. Remember i was overheating the other night a t atco and i was bubbling out of my overflow. Double check everything and see if those wires came loose

JR3
08-27-2006, 08:31 AM
well the fan stopped working beause the motors fried i know that but i know alot of people who dont even run a fan and dont have over heating problems so why am i

QuadRacer041
08-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by JR3
thanks for the help lou. I rode today for an hour so if dirt made it to the motor it would have effected it already. Today i was riding and took 10 minute breaks and on the last break i herd the radiator bubblin and my fan is ****ed up and doesnt come on becaus ei did ther fan mod and the fan motors toast so i need 1. Ill get a lil filter tomorrow but the filter will touch airfilter the stock way the crankcase breather goes into the airbox so howd i re route it.

thanks James

just pull the hose out from the airbox and plug the new filter to the end and zip tie it somewhere out of the way.

JW450R1
08-27-2006, 11:53 AM
i removed my fan,but it was getting to hot and starting to break-up at higher rpm.that's with engine ice too.

fatkid400
08-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Is your radiator plugged or somthing? I remember somthing else on here about 04 450rs overheating.Did you try a search? Good luck with your prob.