PDA

View Full Version : where to race harescrambles

z400boy5
08-24-2006, 03:52 PM
I have been wanting to get into cross country/harescramble racing for a long time now. I am from New castle, pa. It is about 40 miles from Pittsburg and about 20 minutes to the ohio/pa boarder. I have a z400 with some decent mods. Is there anyone from around me that lives close to new castle that races harescrambles to show me the ropes. What is a series that is close to me that I could start running. If I can get serious into racing I will probly sell the 400 and go for a 450.

please guys help me out

cdrookie
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
you have a couple choices

you're in district 5(i think). do a google search, or search on here, for their website. all schedules and requirements should be on there.

there's the switchback monkeybutt series. i know their mx track is north of butler but not sure where they run the harescrambles at?do a search for their website also.

there's the AWRCS series that runs through western pa, eastern oh, and northern wv. they have a forum on this site.

i'm sure ohio has some xc races but not sure what district they're in.

just show up at a race(with a wad of cash)and there's always plenty of people who will be glad to help you get signed up. usually a tether kill switch is all thats required to race xc on a local level.

you can ask about western pa races over at www.paatving.com.

ATV
10-19-2006, 07:20 AM
www.switchbackmx.com
There is a harescramble race this Sunday Oct. 22nd at Switchback Raceway in Butler, Pa. 7 mile's North of Butler on Rt 8 North.