PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech Customer Service sucks.

Iliketogofast
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
For those of you who frequent the Powertrain and 250R forums, you may have seen my two threads about wiring problems with the Vapor computer on my 250R. I've been going back and forth with Trail Tech for at least two weeks now trying to get an answer, and finally this is what I get. The first solution is basically invalid; I've been going through all the possible methods with tech support on the phone the entire time.

"Jeff,
Sorry for the delay on the wiring issue! We are currently unable to
find any solution for the situation! What they recommend you try is use an
alternate wiring scheme to see if that will fix your problem. The other
option is we are trying to get our hands on a 250r to address some
mounting
options, at which time we are going to mount a vapor on it. When that
happens we would be able to offer you how we wired the unit. The down
fall
is we are unsure of when we can get one! If you would like I would say
try
back with us periodically to see if we have an update.
Thanks for your patience,
Trail Tech"

Now here's what it comes down to. Not only did I post this on the internet for one of the leading ATV forums to read, but I've already got the problem fixed. AND, since I'm pissed, I'm not going to let them know that. I'm going to let them work to find the solution, just like they want me to.

08-24-2006, 03:23 PM
dude, they tried to hlep you and are even going to look for a bike to mount it in. we all tried to help you. it may be beneficial to let them know how you fixed the problem, in case there are others with 250r's that would have the same problem.

i don't really care either way, but it seems like they went out of their way to try and help, just because they could not come up with a solution because they didn't have the specific model available, is no reason to say their customer service sucks. it would suck if they had said upon the first contact something like...we don't have that model of bike available, when you figure it out, let us know." but they didn , they tried to the best of their knowledge.

since i had given my 2 cents in trying to help you, can you pm me what you did to fix it...i am curious.

oldsandman
08-24-2006, 03:32 PM
My experiance with trail tech has been very good. I bought a set of mr16 hid lights at the sand show last september '05. I finished my rail in june '06 put the lights on. On my first trip one failed. Called them and explained the situation. They had me send both back, repaired and updated both at no charge. Pretty good considering I had the lights for 9 months! Lots of companies would have told me to pound sand but they took my word and to me that means alot.

Aceman
08-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Liketogofast

I've responded in your other threads when you were having problems with this unit. I realize the customer service was lacking in the first couple of calls you made to Trail Tech. However, it's clear you've finally got ahold of someone at Trail Tech who does care, who is willing to resolve this problem if it means finding a 250r and hooking it up themselves. With that said I'd tell Trail Tech how you finally figured out what the problem was and your solution for it. The first reason being they won't have to find a 250r to figure out the problem when you already have. The second reason being somebody else might be trying to install one on their 250r and will need to know how to do it. I can't see making other riders go through the same hassle you've went through when you have it figured out. No sense making everyone wait for Trail Tech which could be 2 weeks or 2 mos., who knows.

TRX23rider
08-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
My experiance with trail tech has been very good.

i agree! i had a minor problem with a clamp kit i bought from them and they fixed it right away.

Iliketogofast
08-24-2006, 09:04 PM
No, I didn't post the entire story because I didn't feel like typing it up. The thing I'm pissed about is that they have a model specific kit for my bike and NOONE at the place knows how to wire it.

Also, it isn't like they are going out of their way to help me. They basically said when they get the chance they will install one on an R, and when they do they will tell me how to do it. That doesn't mean it will work. Like I told them, there is obviously some sort of problem because the person at tech support told me he knew people with it installed in their bikes.

rmz250
08-24-2006, 09:39 PM
I've also had great luck with them!:macho

SwainRacing
08-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Nothing but good luck here too!

redrocker
08-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Best customer service I ever had

Iliketogofast
08-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Okay, so maybe I'm the only one who didn't get good service. Doesn't anyone think they should figure out how to wire the computer on an application before they start selling it for that particular application?

Pappy
08-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Okay, so maybe I'm the only one who didn't get good service. Doesn't anyone think they should figure out how to wire the computer on an application before they start selling it for that particular application?

Is it marketed for a 250r or the newer 4 stroke sport quads?

Iliketogofast
08-25-2006, 05:53 PM
They have a kit that is "FOR" the 250R. The funny thing is, not only do they not have a clue about how to wire it for my bike, but the sent me the wrong caliper bolt magnet TWICE in a row. After I called and said it was the wrong size, the guy said he would double check and make sure I got the right one and he sent the wrong one again, so I just went to the hardware store and bought some magnets and JB Welded one.

oldsandman
08-25-2006, 09:27 PM

Trailtech should have a diagram/instructions for the 250r. They do specify the 250r. If you have a stock 250r harness they should have the information to help you since they advertise and sell for the 250r. It's not hard to get the wiring diagram for the old r afterall.

Iliketogofast
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I actually had to draw some stuff up for them in MS paint so they could understand what they were looking at. I drew them up a little diagram of my wiring, ect.

What I'm trying to do is get them to tell me how to wire it on a CR250. My bike has a CR style killswitch with a 3 way toggle for the lights, which makes it similar to that.

JOEX
08-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I actually had to draw some stuff up for them in MS paint so they could understand what they were looking at. I drew them up a little diagram of my wiring, ect.

What I'm trying to do is get them to tell me how to wire it on a CR250. My bike has a CR style killswitch with a 3 way toggle for the lights, which makes it similar to that.
Anything else on your quad that isn't OEM?

Iliketogofast
08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Nothing in terms of electrical.