PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone Seriously considering the Can-Am Renegade 800 ?

RockTimberwolf
08-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Im just wondering if anyone Is Seriously considering the Can-Am Renegade 800 ?

I think its bad *** looking, and the reviews so far are great.

anyone on the list to get one ?

i called the local dealer and they said they have a list of people to call when one comes in.

It seems like a perfect blend for me, i wanna go fast, yet still have 4wd,
dont care about racks or most of the ute quad crap.

List price of $9200 doesnt seem horrible when you look at the list prices of the Outlander, Prarie, brute force and the Sportsman. etc.

especially if you dont have to do crap to them to race it.
my sportsman 500 feels like a tank in the woods compared to the sport quads.
im just looking for something that will be easy for me to buckel down and get busy kickin some *** with.
the prarie guys are kickin some *** in the local district races ute class.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is as excited as me about this expected release date of Early November ?

Anyone know any reason NOT to be so gung-ho about it ?
any 1st hand experience with one yet ?

Thanks.

firefighterjosh
08-27-2006, 11:48 PM
This is all my opion.

I think it is UGLY!!!!! yuukkk looks like a mutan t-rex or something.

I wonder how this thing is going to mud?

I would not want to buy this thing if it is not built tough for mudding and rock climbing and just fun to cruise around on. No dought this thing will prally handle like a great big sport quad but I could buy a prarie for 7k and put the $2100 into the prarie and it would smoke any Can Am around. I will prally take my money else were.

Just my .02

olsmokey
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
in two wheel drive it will smoke the rear tires on dry pavement the thing takes off like nothing i've ever riden with 4-wheel drive if you want to do wheelies no problem mud what muddidnt have a prob with any

RockTimberwolf
08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Im not really into MUD MUD. so that isnt a big deal for me.

and firefighterjosh... i think the looks are SMOKIN.
i dont know if i like the headlights, or factory front bumper yet.
but the rest looks very cool.

we'll see, guess i need to see one in person.

firefighterjosh
08-29-2006, 08:11 PM
I just hate the front end. This is just my opion the rest of the thing looks good. Just that weird looking mutant front end.

RockTimberwolf
08-29-2006, 08:23 PM
dont see how it looks any worse then a squared off blocky polaris front. or most Utes for that matter.
or the ghey front of a KFX700

http://www.myjunkinyourtrunk.com/albums/Misc/canamrenaction1.jpg
http://www.myjunkinyourtrunk.com/albums/Misc/canamrenaction2.jpg

firefighterjosh
08-29-2006, 08:25 PM
I agree with you there Polaris is ugly too. I like how the griz and brute force look.

tp300ex
09-10-2006, 10:52 AM
i just took a chit..and it looks better than that thing:devil:

RockTimberwolf
09-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
i just took a chit..and it looks better than that thing:devil:
well thats easy.. my Chit Looks AND Smells like roses.

.. so im sure someone else thinks their Chit is the same or better then mine. :D
especially if you add peanuts.

jdudding650
09-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I love the renegades looks and am very excited about getting one. My local dealer Swamp Fox in bluefield, va is getting the first one they get for me. THis thing is going to handle better than the outlander, and that is extremely well. I have an 07 outlander 650xt and a 06 brute force 650 solid axle with much more than 2100 dollars in it and it doesn't run or handle anything like my stock outlander does. I race in the gncc and wpsa. Can-am is in a league of there own. We will see how they hold up, but people that say different either haven't rode one or will not let themselves admit differently. As I said I had a brute with everything in the world done to it .....elka's all the way around, pistons, beadlocks, pipe, k&n, diamond g snorkle, cdi box. I don't know much more I just can't think of it all. My bone stock xt blows it away, the brute will pull it by about a bike lenth out of the whole then its over. Plus it rides, steers, handles better, and doesn't beat you to death. I want to say I am not knocking the Kawasaki they are a good machine, but it is just not on par with the outlanders. Not to say the Can-am is perfect, but out of the box it is a tremendously better platform to modify. If you haven't been on one find one to ride. If you are honest with yourself you will be impressed.

First Outlander
09-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Agreed, the Outlander is the best ute I ever been on. Hope the Renagade comes out soon so I can race Gncc's with it, but I'm still wondering what class it will be allowed to race in.

firefighterjosh
09-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by First Outlander
Agreed, the Outlander is the best ute I ever been on. Hope the Renagade comes out soon so I can race Gncc's with it, but I'm still wondering what class it will be allowed to race in.
I am guessing the Mod Class due to it does not come with racks stock

09-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Try this on for size.

09-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Another

09-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Last one

09-22-2006, 04:40 PM
with $10000 worth of more stuff put on it.you can keep it:eek2:

GE4x4
09-23-2006, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I am guessing the Mod Class due to it does not come with racks stock

Actually it's the Unlimited class that it will be in because it doesn't have racks. Can't wait to try one.:D

Traindog71
09-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by jdudding650
I love the renegades looks and am very excited about getting one. My local dealer Swamp Fox in bluefield, va is getting the first one they get for me. THis thing is going to handle better than the outlander, and that is extremely well. I have an 07 outlander 650xt and a 06 brute force 650 solid axle with much more than 2100 dollars in it and it doesn't run or handle anything like my stock outlander does. I race in the gncc and wpsa. Can-am is in a league of there own. We will see how they hold up, but people that say different either haven't rode one or will not let themselves admit differently. As I said I had a brute with everything in the world done to it .....elka's all the way around, pistons, beadlocks, pipe, k&n, diamond g snorkle, cdi box. I don't know much more I just can't think of it all. My bone stock xt blows it away, the brute will pull it by about a bike lenth out of the whole then its over. Plus it rides, steers, handles better, and doesn't beat you to death. I want to say I am not knocking the Kawasaki they are a good machine, but it is just not on par with the outlanders. Not to say the Can-am is perfect, but out of the box it is a tremendously better platform to modify. If you haven't been on one find one to ride. If you are honest with yourself you will be impressed.

I have a little more in my Prairie than you had in your BF650 SRA, but mine will eat Outy 800s all day, the SRA may not ride as smooth as the TTIRS of the Outy (wife used to have an Outy 330 4x4 so yes I have ridden one extensively), but to me it sure handles more truely, I have Elkas, Beadlocks, FST730 Kit with Stage 2 Cams, hardfaced rockers, TwinAir Powerflow, LTE Ceramic Coated Duals, FST Billet Clutch Cover, Machined primary clutch, plus a boat load of other bolt ons, Outy800 300' time is 6.2, mine is closer to 5.3-5.4, will outrun mildly modded YFZ450s, LTR450s and Rap700s in 300', yes mine is very aggressive for woods racing and causes excessive arm pump with all the power, but until there are some aftermarket goodies for the Rotax twin engine, the modded Kawi V-Twin will reign supreme in utility speed

I do like the Renegade, and may get one, time will tell

jdudding650
10-02-2006, 06:59 PM
If you are wanting to crank up your can-am the parts are already here. Take a look at Ron Woods website. www.rotax.net They have serious parts for the 800 rotax motor to extract some major HP so if you decide on a renegade. They are the way to go. I believe they are one of the few places in the mod market that are truly your one stop shop. Definitly pricey but well worth it. One website ( i believe aurora wheelers ) Claims 31 hp increase at the rear wheel with some of Ron Woods mods.

10-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I agree with you there Polaris is ugly too. I like how the griz and brute force look.

hell yeah i agree 100%, go kaw. my fav, im a big kaw fan !!
and i hate polaris, polaris is crap !

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jdbrown_82
hell yeah i agree 100%, go kaw. my fav, im a big kaw fan !!
and i hate polaris, polaris is crap !

The new Artic Cat 700 Is kinda crowing on me:scary:

10-09-2006, 02:59 AM
really ill have to check it out, havnt ever really payed much attention to artic cat. im probably going to just buy a 650i brute force, not sure. or the 700/750

firefighterjosh
10-09-2006, 03:02 AM
The artic cat 700 is the same as the Suzuki 700 except diff exhaulst, CDI and I guess there suppose to be tougher framed.

xtremedad
10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Traindog71
I have a little more in my Prairie than you had in your BF650 SRA, but mine will eat Outy 800s all day, the SRA may not ride as smooth as the TTIRS of the Outy (wife used to have an Outy 330 4x4 so yes I have ridden one extensively), but to me it sure handles more truely, I have Elkas, Beadlocks, FST730 Kit with Stage 2 Cams, hardfaced rockers, TwinAir Powerflow, LTE Ceramic Coated Duals, FST Billet Clutch Cover, Machined primary clutch, plus a boat load of other bolt ons, Outy800 300' time is 6.2, mine is closer to 5.3-5.4, will outrun mildly modded YFZ450s, LTR450s and Rap700s in 300', yes mine is very aggressive for woods racing and causes excessive arm pump with all the power, but until there are some aftermarket goodies for the Rotax twin engine, the modded Kawi V-Twin will reign supreme in utility speed

I do like the Renegade, and may get one, time will tell

I'm doubting that your Kawi will "eat" 800's all day. You're a smart cat when it comes to modding a machine traindog. But in the end you have a very expensive modded machine and others will have a stock machine that will compete without the extensive list of stuff.

I can't wait to see the Renegade either. It should be fun!!!

10-21-2006, 02:38 AM
yeah i would like to ride the outlander. really we dont know anything, we havent riden it ...lol

ThePhantomRider
10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Here is the first Renegade to be raced 2 weeks ago. Took second after one of the riders crashed. The quad had minimal damage, and the fuel cell they installed took the impact without a drop lost.

http://www.tracksidephoto.com/gallery/index.php?category=gallery/2006/BITD/2006BITDLV300/quads&PHPSESSID=096cf00fea2978828a67ad66791954d1

OzLinc
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Looks great....how big is that fuel cell and how far can you go.

Linc

jdudding650
10-24-2006, 07:40 PM
I AM NOT SURE BUT I DON'T THINK THAT IS REALLY A TRUE RENEGADE. I BELIEVE THAT IS ONE OF THE TWO OUTLANDERS(LIKE THE ONE THAT WAS SHOWN IN DIRT WHEELS A FEW MONTHS AGO) BUILT BY EPIC RACING WITH RENEGADE PLASTIC YOU MAY BE RIGHT THOUGH, BUT IF YOU LOOK THE SUSPENSION IS EXACLTY THE SAME WITH THE BILSTIEN SUSPENSION. FUEL CELL IS THE SAME, AND EVEN THE WHEELS ARE THE FACTORY XT WHEELS WITH BEADLOCKS WELDED ON. THE ATV'S ARE PROBABLY JUST DOING SOME TEST RUNS FOR BAJA.

ThePhantomRider
10-25-2006, 01:23 AM
You are partially right....you see, much of what is on the Renegade is due to the development of the Outlander Epic has been racing, so it would almost be correct by saying it just has new plastic.

The truth is, that one is all new, not the same as in the article. Several changes have been made.

If you notice, the shocks now have "big bottle" rezzies, and the fuel cell they are using is a bladder style with a whopping 10 gallon capacity. As for distance, I do not have that data.

This was essentially the last tune up for baja, so with a little luck they should do well at the 1000.

TPR