PDA

View Full Version : the new race track is almost in the works

juanki
08-24-2006, 01:12 PM
so.. before i posted that some friends an i had a plan to develop a new rece track designed for quads her in my home town, and that we had the sponsorship of corona beer.

now, we'll have a meeting with them sometime next week to define the amount of the sponsor, the design of the racetrack and all the administrative details that are involved.

first, the quad scene here is very big but only recrational, there are more kids that are getting new quads, ther will be one ltr450 next week, and moslty all of the riders are beginners in the racing level, so the track will be easy... so far we have an idea of the race track with the next obstacles.

a turn like the one in glen helen ( talladega) then two sigle jumps spaced about 40 ft ( the ramps will be not steep ) then a u turn with a mix of a 30 ft double and a single ( one lane will be the double and the other much shorter a single) u turn 60 ft os bumps left turn and woops u turn then a 30 ft step up 20 ft double combo, rigth turn and we'll put a sand pit, then a like a screw u turn, then a series of four little doubles like a rythm section the final u turn to the straigt and to the tallageda like turn.

the track will have also a 4x4 short track of obstacles with logs, mud holes, steep rocks and of camber hills.

this is the brochure.

pappy was kind enough to let me use one of the pics tha he has and this is what i came up with.

please any coment will be welcomed, this is the first time that i'm doing something like this

underpowered
08-24-2006, 01:54 PM
sounds good, got a drwing of the layout? but i think you may want to add a few larger, more challenging obstacle. i can understand you wanting it to be easy and safe, but more advanced riders will most likely find it boreing unless there is atleast one decent sized jump and something a little more challenging. you can make a good track with large jumps and still be safe. just dont peak the jumps to much and make large landings to allow for some error. a local track, earlywines racing does this very well. it is a great track. very tight and technical with jumps for everyone from small 20 ft doubles and tables up to a 65' tripple. but the tripple is very safe, it is almost a step downb table take off with a rounded hump for the landing. it is super easy to clear the table take off and roll the last hump, and if you try to clear it all and screw up it is very forgiving (i should know)

Cr85rRida
08-24-2006, 03:20 PM
not to be an idiot, but i think the corona banner should go, only because it dosent look good for the community. Espeacially since like you said most are recreation riders and kids parents as well as town officals might be concerned about it.

Sounds like a good idea you have tho, i hope it goes well.

Mean250r
08-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
not to be an idiot, but i think the corona banner should go, only because it dosent look good for the community. Espeacially since like you said most are recreation riders and kids parents as well as town officals might be concerned about it.

yeh good point i agree ^

juanki
08-24-2006, 04:27 PM

well, about this, the thing is that ther is a corona factory here and a tecate factory in a town 50 miles aways, so its very competitive, also they are a company that is sponsor us and when there will be races this is the beer that will be sold.

but i see your ponit. thankx. there is another race track for dirtbikes that is also sponsored by corona. also the baseball team is sponsored by them.

juanki
08-24-2006, 05:50 PM
its a crappy drawing of the track but you'll get an idea

juanki
08-25-2006, 10:51 AM
bump

08-25-2006, 11:10 AM
awesome idea, just hope no one is smart enough around you to sue you if/when they get hurt :o

red2004 TRX450R
08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by juanki
its a crappy drawing of the track but you'll get an idea

don't show the people at corona that pix. if you do they will just give you some banners and sell you there product for cost + 10%

:eek2:

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Excellent idea! It sounds like your dead set on this. And, with sponsors you will do well. And if like you said there's alot of ATVing in your area, it should work out very well.

Is there actual fully legal "Waivers" you can be given through the government? If someone sued me cause they got hurt on my track, read and signed a waiver, how can they go through with it?
The waiver would fully describe the rules & policy exempting the track owner from any accidents, injuries, or deaths while on the land. Then, after reading and selecting "I agree" also signing, how can they still sue you?

juanki
08-25-2006, 04:45 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is on what we are working rigth now, like every other company, well have a mission, vission, a work plan, well have a rules of the track, rules of behaivor etc.

the sponsor thing its not a must, but its good to have support of a company like that.

how it works its that in every event that we'll make, there be selling of beer for the attendance. so they give us money to help built the track and in the events well sell beer for them, or it will be alowed to sell beer, their beer. we already have power and watter, we need a sistem for the ..mmm... watrter hosing ? naaa for putting the watter in the track and in the gardens, bleachers and baths.

250R-Dee
08-25-2006, 05:07 PM

Check his location.......... MEXICO!! Over here (Okinawa, Japan) Orion beer sponsors all kinds of youth and family activities.

juanki
08-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Check his location.......... MEXICO!! Over here (Okinawa, Japan) Orion beer sponsors all kinds of youth and family activities.

you are rigth...

dont know how it works in the us about this subject, but here most of the activities are somewath sponsored by this brand. most of the sport activities are, and that doesnt mean that in all of them sell beer, well almost in all of them they do. lol

juanki
03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
after monts of problems with the land, my partner and me are going to buy 4ha. (220 yds * 220 yds) and the land owner is going to let us use more than 30ha. ( 1700 yds * 1700 yds)that he has on the back of his porperty as trails.

also the guy from corona is really on with this project, his company corona, is going to raffle 15 small 4x4 quads in the state, 3 in each major city, when you buy a 8 pack they will give you a ticket.

finally, this year is the first year that a new series is developed in the pacific coast for sport atv's and 4*4, is called endu-cross, and the first race was held in guadalajara, and it was a big turn out, the guy promoting this is a close friend of my partner. and we are planing on bringing one date of this to our track.

as soon as we start, i'll post pics. it will be about 1 or two months to start building, also the track changed a bit and grew more.