PDA

View Full Version : Housers A-arms & Swing-arm ?

Flodies400ex
08-24-2006, 12:33 PM
I am looking in buying both A-Arms & swing arm from the Houser-racing.com and I was wondering do i have to buy anything else besides grease for the bearings.For the swing arm do i have to just use everything from my stock 450ER carrier and I know it says you can but I just want make sure before i order at the end of the month of next month.

Has anybody had these and how do they perform and is it easy to put together but not easy but just kinda lol

Swing-Arm +.5
http://www.houser-racing.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=62D0000-1131542517
http://www.houser-racing.com/images/040309.jpg

A-Arms +2
http://www.houser-racing.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=2B20000-1088447235
http://www.houser-racing.com/images/040104.jpg

gbcap
08-24-2006, 01:04 PM
assembly was Straight Forward!

it was very easy to put together. have the grease ready and put plenty in and on overything that moves. makes assembly that much better.

as far as the s/a and carrier. get thier carrier too. i didn't and now i am. it has a grease zerk right in the side which makes it a whole lot easier to maintain everything.

you shouldn't have to by anything else. it comes with all the zerks and all. i found that my bottom zerks broke right off as soon as i did my first race with them. so i put in caps and just insert the zerks to grease them every two races or so.

Flodies400ex
08-24-2006, 01:11 PM
yea I go hill climbing and only in sand most of time so it would be good to get there carrier because if I am a budget and witch one should I get 1 or the other because I can only get one rightnow then orther in 2 months

tltcracing
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
if you can only get arms or swinger, i would go swing arm right now. if i had the chance to do my suspension over(i was in the same place as you with having to chose front or back) i would do back first. make sure you are geting the MX vesion not the TT one. the pick looks like the TT version and that swinger is not made for jumping. you dont really need to buy new stuff to use the houser part but the shock might feel a little soft. i love my houser carrier. the zerk on the outside is awsome. you dont have to take off your stuff around it and then take it out of the swinger. you dont really have to put anything together. the most assembly you have to do is put the dust caps on and bolt it up. if you havent done it before then replacing the swinger might take you 2 hours. the arms can take upwards of 5 if you have no experence working with the front end.

Dave400ex
08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
I highly suggest the Houser products. Everything fit perfect on mine. I have the Maximum ground clearance arms and +1 stem. As said above, all you need is some grease. My bottom grease zerks also snapped off so I would suggest just getting some set screws.

I plan on buying the Swingarm and Carrier this fall hopefully. The 06 swingarm is an awesome design!

D-7#61-450r
08-24-2006, 07:43 PM
I was curious why you are interested in a new swing arm? Most people actually by the swingarm for added length which the 06 already has. I am not sure on your riding but I have been running a stock 04 swinger for 2 1/2 years without it breaking. Just make sure you grease your carrier bearings.
The front arms you have shown are the standard travels which are fine starting point, but I would definately have your stock shocks revalved. Their are several companys that will revalve your stock shocks to give you a much better than stock riding and handling quad.
Also If I could start building another quad it would have all Houser Products. Very good fit, comes with all the nessesary hardware, and the powder coating is great.

Flodies400ex
08-25-2006, 02:32 PM
yea I am actually trying to find a +1 or 2 swing arm but I cant find a good site to buy it from

tltcracing
08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
i would suggest getting the longer swinger for the 06. the 06 swinger is longer but still not long enough for mx racing. i think the +5 on the 06 is the right length.

gbcap
08-25-2006, 03:39 PM
you go that big and it KILLS your steering. i have ridden a 250 with a +4 s/a and it SUCKS for anything but fields and drags. +1-2 is just fine.

Flodies400ex
08-25-2006, 04:26 PM
thats mostly what i do it drag and go up hills and preparred the 250 an 450 has way diffrent power lol specially when i cants keep the front in down lol and going up hills I need that

Flodies400ex
08-25-2006, 04:28 PM
i am only going to get a 2 or 1 + because any bigger is to much but where can i get these for good price