PDA

View Full Version : Dobeck

akskidoo
08-24-2006, 01:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone has installed the Dobeck on their bike? One of my local dealers swears by them and they say it will take care of my popping when I let go of the gas and slowing down from a hard run. I have installed a foam pro flow intake with lid removed, CB, 13 tooth gear for the 20's, and the full Afterburner exhaust. Any suggestions??

berge75
08-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I have one,and it works good.You can richen up the lean spots.It tunes like a carb with the pods,just read the directions it is simple.Mine picked up the bottom end,and revved alot quicker,and also got rid of some stalling issues i had on the bottom end. I run mine with together the cherry bomb.

hard one
08-26-2006, 05:07 PM
now i know it isgood for sure, get mine in two weeks.

where does it plug in at?

lt-r 450 yellow
kand k red and black tribal flame graphics
uni filter with air box mods
crbm
powermadd hand guards
custom ac bumper
side winder sand tires
asv clutch perch

yzf450racer690
08-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Which dobeck is the controller becasue there are 2.

hard one
08-26-2006, 06:21 PM
one is for the lt-r and the other is for a raptor 700.

just one for the suzuki (tfi)

akskidoo
09-01-2006, 06:39 PM
I hooked mine up and it works like they say. I was able to get rid of the lean popping after a hard run and tweak the bottom end. It does not seam to make the bike any quicker, it just fills in the voids where the bike was lacking. It is a very simple install, but the directions add an additional step the company is going to remove. The bottom line is you take off the white connector off the fuel injector and you plug in the 2 connectors supplied from the unit into the connector you just took off and the other back on the injector to complete the loop. It is just that simple. I forgot you have to hook up a ground at the gas tank or where ever you like. I also installed the controller under the seat behind the tool bag for easy reach to adjust.

#12ak
09-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Is this unit installed on the bike or is it just to tune it then remove it? If it is just to tune it can you use it on multiple bikes? Or is it like car computer tuners where it will only work on one car at a time?

yzf450racer690
09-05-2006, 04:23 PM
has to say one the quad so it can only be used once per unit.

berge75
09-06-2006, 08:49 AM
It stays on the bike.