PDA

View Full Version : american star arms???

sburton1
08-24-2006, 12:08 AM
wht do yall think of the american star a-arms??? are they good quality will they hold up on the track or should i go with a different brand? i noticed they have a different mounting system was wondering how good they would hold up.

thanks

cole

08-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Just bought a set. I am putting them on tommorow after work and then going to test them on saturday. Will re post with the final decision.

johnsls
08-24-2006, 06:53 AM
I did a search and found the following, not sure how good the prices are, I think the ebay account is QUADPARTSGUY

What do you order? +2, 0 :confused:

armysig
08-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I have had them on my quad for about 7 months now. If you do buy them get them from Quadpartsguy either off his website or Ebay. I know his ebay sales do specials some times. When I bought mine I received a free set of front brake lines to match the lenth of the A-arms.

I would have to say get the PSP version of them. They are stornger and designed for more of a rough rider or impact. You'll only spend about 80 to $100.00 more but it's well worth it.

If you do moderate to serious racing, get the stonger Hiem joints. The set you get with out the upgrade are good, but I would highly reccomend replacing them after about 9 to 12 months depending on your style of riding.

The one thing I love about these A-arms is that there is a life time warrenty on them. It doesn't matter what you do to damage them they will fix or replace the parts/arms. The only cost to you would be the shipping to and from the factory. ($20 each way I think)

Another nice thing is If you have any questions about the install they will do everything they can to make it as easy as possible for you. Don't be afraid to call and ask.

If you still have any doubt in mind, let me know I can try and find the phone number for Quadpartsguy and he can answer any questions for you.

Xplocivic
08-24-2006, 09:47 AM
I ran the +3 arms on my Blaster and they were great! I upgraded to the Pro tie-rods and the better heim joints and it made a difference. I would definitely recommend asr arms, I'm probably gonna get a set for the 400 soon.

PismoLocal
08-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Ya I had some on my 400, I have no complaints. Now I rock the burgards, I like them better than the ASR's.

sburton1
08-24-2006, 07:08 PM
thanks guys so for the average weekend warrior their a good deal. thanks for he help

cole

sburton1
08-24-2006, 07:59 PM
so who sells the best a-arms?

speedracer13t
08-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by sburton1
so who sells the best a-arms?

Roll design if you have the coin

st8jacket
09-04-2006, 07:26 AM
they fit ..ah,ok.....BUT there finish is junk.......scratches off when the wind blows........This comming from a painter by trade....If I were to buy them again.I would order them bare and have them pced by someone local....

krt400ex
09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
does asr make +1 arms and r they inexpensive??? i have never heard of them before