PDA

View Full Version : buyer beware

VegasEx'r
08-24-2006, 12:02 AM
I just want to let you all know about an experience I had with sweetquads.com. As always, it’s buyer beware, as this proves. On 7/26, I ordered an HMF slip-on from sweetquads.com. On the site, it said that there was a 10-14 business day delay (obviously I was okay with this). The next day my card was charged. A couple days later, I read on a couple forums that HMF was 3-6 weeks behind on production. An email on 8/3 to Tom Tokstad verified that that was the case.
I asked about a different slip-on (specifically 2 bros), and Tom said I could order another pipe on his site or he would refund the purchase. Since the 2 bros isn’t listed on his site, I asked for a refund on 8/5, and he told me he would give me a refund, and it would post in a couple of days.
On 8/14, the credit still hadn’t posted, so I emailed Tom to ask if he had had a chance to refund & cancel my order. I never got a response. I sent another email on 8/17 (it wasn’t nice), and never got a reply. As of 8/23, I still don’t have the credit posted back to my card.
This guy appears to be a thief. He hasn’t refunded my money, I don’t have a product (nor do I want it now, as I have a 2 bros ), and he won’t respond to my emails. I’ve called my CC company to dispute the charge, so hopefully I’ll get my money back, but an honest person would have told me up front about the delay at HMF, wouldn’t have charged my card until the product shipped (that is how most reputable online vendors do it), and would have refunded my purchase when I asked them to (he said he would, but never did). I realize that some of you may have ordered from him & had a good experience. That’s great, I’m just warning people that he has been anything but honest & upfront with me. I could understand his not responding if, for example, he was comatose something equally bad, but I would think that by now, someone else would have responded if that were the case. Watch out.

initall
08-24-2006, 09:11 AM
BUY FROM C&D< I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM

400exrider707
08-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by initall
BUY FROM C&D< I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM

:cool: